Dorm Traditions and Senior Girls

High School Freshman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a sunny day; the first day of the new term. Nancy yawned and got up, not that she wanted to. The sunlight was shining into her eyes. 

 

Preferably she would continue to sleep, if not three things happened: firstly, loud pop music blared again from next door, to the annoyance of the sleepy girl. Secondly, her friends were pounding on the door and hollering, and thirdly, Jooe had pounced on her and began to squeal at a relatively high frequency.

 

Nancy blearily got out of bed, and quickly washed and changed. The four best friends were eager to go to the canteen, but they had to stick to dorm traditions, as it happened. 

 

On the very first day, it was a dorm tradition to change the tags of your doors to whatever they preferred, and so they brought markers and tape, and changed the room number to simply 4 (four friends, Ahin explained), and taped it under the original one.

 

"School doesn't start till eleven on the first day, so we get to play with the unnies!" Daisy announced, and they romped off to the second floor.

 

Much to the hatred of the friends, the music of the school dance club was also playing downstairs, so they did their best to grit their teeth and withstand the pain.

 

When they reached the seniors' room, they were all assembled on their beds.

 

"Hyebin unnie, Jane unnie, Nayun unnie, Taeha unnie." Jooe greeted the four seniors, even though they were huddled on two beds when there were four of them.

 

"This is the new student?" The one called Jane asked.

 

"Hello, I am Nancy Jewel McDonie, pleased to meet you." Nancy's heart thumped. If these people were anything like the school dance club...

 

"Hello, Nancy." Nayun waved, and Jane smiled warmly. Taeha was busy untangling her hair from Hyebin's, but they both dipped their heads in response.

 

"Now, as per tradition, we must go to greet the other seniors." Jooe heaved a breath. "As mentioned by Ahin, they are bullies."

 

"Jooe." Ahin smiled. "Not all of them."

 

"Let's go anyways." Daisy walked down the corridor. "First up is Kim Sejeong and Kang Mina."

 

"Not bad. It could have been worse." Jooe admitted.

 

After ten minutes, they had reached the end of the doors.

 

"Son Seunghwan and Bae Joohyun, commonly known as Wendy and Irene, are in this room. Lee Dabin is in the other." Ahin read.

 

"Ahh, a tough choice." Jooe grumbled. "Dancers first."

 

"Dancers it is." Ahin agreed. "Save the best for last."

 

They rapped on the door, and the pop music subsided.

 

"What?" A head poked out of the door.

 

"Wendy unnie, we're here to greet you." Daisy said.

 

"Hmph. Save your greetings, because I'm not going to appreciate them." The door slammed shut and a locking sound was heard.

 

"Meanie." Daisy muttered. "So, that leaves us Lee Dabin."

 

"Charming." Jooe made a face and knocked.

 

"Come in." A voice answered, and the four friends trooped in.

 

"Is it Jooe, Ahin and Daisy? Sit down." 

 

Nancy was stunned. The room had heaps and heaps of books, all acade

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter