Too Many Variables

High School Freshman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight o'clock. Evening.

 

"So," Lee Ho Yang, better known as Shinsadong Tiger, said. "You want me to write a song for your competition. This had better be good." 

 

Dabin was sitting in his office.

 

"Don't you have, like, a pile of songs already written down?" She asked.

 

"Yes, but the problem is that there are too many issues." Lee wrung his hands. "Legal issues. I can't just hand a song to you. Profit. Loss. Legality. I have to handle a lot of problems, you see?"

 

"Profit? Exactly how much does a song cost?" Dabin asked. 

 

"Let's see." Lee typed on his computer furiously. "Approximately 288960 won. (approx. 255 USD)"

 

"My god." She rubbed her cheek. "Can't it be cheaper?"

 

"This is the cheapest song budget the world has ever seen." Lee frowned. "Of course, I am a very expensive composer, so take it or leave it."

 

"Oh, really?" Dabin raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Then how come the dancers get the song free of charge? This isn't fair."

 

"I'm not supposed to tell you my dealings." Lee clutched the armrest anxiously. "Please, leave now."

 

"Or shall I tell the school you've been blackmailed?" Dabin planted her hands on the desk.

 

"Wha- How?" Lee gulped. 

 

"Shall I tell the school? Or shall we get the song at a lower price?" Dabin snarled.

 

"Um..." Lee started to sweat. "Fine! You win!" He printed the lyrics. "But there is one thing."

 

"Please, amuse me." Dabin said.

 

"This song is meant for nine people..." Lee lowered his head. "The others are reserved for the dancers."

 

"No problem." Dabin snatched the papers to the light. "I'll cut it down to four."

 

"No, you don't understand. I have written everything down- the song, the dance moves, even a version of the MV- it is perfect with nine people." His eyes became clouded. "It is perfect in every way with nine. Don't you dare cut it down."

 

"Okay, okay, jeez! Calm down." Dabin ruffled her hair. "This seems great, but it's complicated. How on earth am I going to find nine people?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She went back to the dorm, carrying a sheaf of papers.

 

Nobody could understand her thinking perceptive. She sat down and started to think. To have a plan, she needed to find out the variables.

 

Firstly, the competition. No rules, no judges, that was a huge problem. No details whatsoever. She had to narrow it to the last detail. She intended to mow down the dancers in this challenge.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter