Epilogue

Seeing the Big Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

“Hyun, we’re going to be late.” Seulgi nags at her girlfriend while she is drumming her fingers on her knee. She admires the dark grey suit she is wearing. To her, there are quite some colors that aren’t appreciated much, and this one is one of them.

“I’m still fixing my eyeliner, love!” Joohyun tries her hardest to fix it up, it’s the right eye that she keeps messing up.

Seulgi stands from where she is sitting and comes to the room where they woke up this morning from. She sees her fiancée still trying to erase the messed-up eyeliner again.

“Remind me again why you didn’t want to hire a makeup artist?” This time, Seulgi takes the eyeliner and holding it like how she sketches her portraits. She draws the line on her fiancée’s right eyelid with finesse. And in a blink of a second, she did it perfectly, matching the left one.

“Damn, you should’ve done that thirty minutes ago.” Joohyun looks at the mirror and sees the work her beau has made.

“Enough of the talk, we should hurry now. I don’t want to be late to my brother’s wedding.” Seulgi takes Joohyun’s hand and they walk towards the stairs of the garage.

---

It took a year for the older of the Kang siblings to finally finalize the wedding preparation. Of course, Seulgi helped her brother a lot in the groundwork of it all.

The ceremony starts and Joohyun plays the piano as Taeyeon makes her entrance. The whole moment was ethereal. The bride gracefully walks as the sound from the grand piano resonates towards the hall, just like how they practiced.

Joohyun hurriedly went to her seat next to Seulgi after she played her part.

“You play really well. I couldn’t imagine anyone playing more beautifully than you did.” Seulgi compliments her fiancée as the ceremony continues to take place.

“If that is so, then I wonder who will play for our wedding?” Joohyun jokes. She still hasn’t gotten accustomed to her fiancée’s smooth talks. It still makes her swoon to the bones.

“I’d still choose you but you can’t walk down the aisle and play at the same time.” Seulgi deduces. “Maybe you can find any of your friends to play for us. Come to think of it, we’ll be doing it in less than six months.” She looks at how her brother smiles. She wonders if her brother is nervous at all.

“We’ll have less than six months to worry about it, love. For now, let’s just enjoy your brother’s wedding.” Joohyun says but ironically, she imagines how different her wedding would be from this one since both of them are public personalities.

Through the year that passed, both of them have excelled in their chosen fields. Joohyun fulfilled her wish to become a music producer on top of being just a pianist. Seulgi, on the other hand, has been venturing more into film cinematography and even took up a course in it. On their third month of being engaged, Seulgi decided to ask Joohyun to move into her house. To which Joohyun gladly obliged. Since then, they’ve been practicing on how domestic life with each other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter