Awkward Greetings

Seeing the Big Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2: Awkward Greetings

Being accepted to Juilliard was the best thing that happened to Joohyun. Classes looked hard since she’s going to a foreign land alone to pursue her dream. She is graduating high school soon. She thinks about Seulgi. Is she graduating too? She remembers that first meeting they had. She was really curious about Seulgi so she played an impromptu piece. Her hands moved like they were already assigned to press the right notes.

Joohyun has a massive crush on Seulgi since freshman year of high school. She bugged her dad to introduce her to Seulgi when she learned that Seulgi’s father was one of the candidates to reconstruct the theatre. Connections do work after all, thanking whoever there is to thank that her father was the cultural minister that time. She knows Seulgi isn’t really that friendly but heck, guys and girls at school are enamored by Seulgi’s coldness. She even told her friends Sooyoung, Seungwan and Yerim how their first meeting at the rooftop went. And they were all supportive of Joohyuns biual daydreams about Seulgi.

“Don’t tell me you’re cutting class again?” Sooyoung asks Joohyun while the rest of the gang were seated at the cafeteria.

“It’s not like you initiate any progress on it.” Seungwan says while patting Joohyun’s shoulder.

“How many times have you been in detention for that? Just confess already. You’ve been chickening every time you say you’d do it.” Yerim seems annoyed and being pushy at the same time.

“Just give up on being bi, Joohyun! You’re too pretty to be wasting your affection for someone who doesn’t even see you.” Sooyoung chuckles.

“Bogum has been asking for your number. Should I just give it to him?” Yerim says sarcastically.

“Quit it gals! I’ve only eyes for one person, okay?!” Joohyun says in astonishment. Why is she even friends with them?

---

“Do this favor for me, just this once. Remember Heechul, my fraternity brother? I owe him a lot and this is the first time he asks me of something.” Minhyuk tries his best to persuade his sister.

“What’s in it for me?” Seulgi asks.

“I will convince dad not to give you blind dates for a month.” Minhyuk bargains.

“Make that two.” Seulgi haggles. She knows her brother like the back of her hands.

“Deal!” Minhyuk resolves closing the persuasion game. “I heard you were friends with Heechul’s new artist.”

“Huh? Are you kidding me? I don’t have friends.” Seulgi is annoyed. “Are you being sarcastic again?”

“Anyway, it’s a done deal now. I’ll tell them to meet you at your studio. Do you have anything scheduled on Saturday?” Minhyuk inquires to his little sister.

“I have one photoshoot with your ex-girlfriend, Taeyeon-unnie. Will not take a while though.” Seulgi’s revenge is a bit crossing over the line now. She cannot back down from her brother's petty sarcasms.

“I’ll let them know to drop at your studio by eight in the evening.” Minhyuk seems a little hurt with the mention of Taeyeon’s name.

“Tell your friend I’m going to meet the client alone. Your friend is very chatty. I don’t think I’m ready to stress myself with his talking.”

---

Joohyun’s manager, Kim Heechul, recommends a graphic artist for the album art cover.

“I swear my fraternity brother’s sister is the best. I’ve been to two of her exhibits which were sold out.” Heechul assures Joohyun and gives her the calling card.

Right then, Seungwan, Sooyoung and Yerim barge into her dressing room.

Yerim snatches the card from Joohyun. “What’s this? Kang Seulgi?” She’s quite surpr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter