Unprecedented Answers

Seeing the Big Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Unprecedented Answers

Seulgi is quite surprised with herself. She’s never been that free with anyone else. Not even her with her brother, who knows her better than she knows herself. She never knew she has that side of herself too. She said things she does not know she can say in front of anybody. Her words were cringe-worthy but surprisingly came out naturally. Even now that after she said them, she feels like a different person. Joohyun is making her feel things she has never felt before. Or maybe she did, like last time in high school. Those frequent rooftop meetings were really eye-opening.

Seulgi has a lot on her mind too. Maybe I should have just asked for her number and not the other way around. What if she does not call me? Why didn’t I control myself? Is this the real me?

---

Joohyun feels flustered. Was that really Seulgi? Did she call me her girlfriend? Is this a dream? It seems too good to be true. She feels like she is on cloud nine.

“Should I tell the girls what just happened?” Joohyun asks herself. She then decides to break it in the group chat. That way, she wouldn’t have to tell them everything.

Joohyun: I had my blind date today. It was Seulgi.

Yerim: Oh, daebak! That’s big news!

Sooyoung: Did it go well?

Joohyun: Yep, it did. When she drove me home, she saved her number on my phone and said something like: “Shouldn’t I give my number to my girlfriend?”

Seungwan: What’s this? Is Joohyun finally getting laid?

Yerim: So, did you call her back?

Sooyoung: Of course not. She wouldn’t be telling this to us if she already did.

Joohyun: Park Sooyoung! I’ll kill you. You told Seulgi I wasn’t over her.

Yerim: Oh, I might have told her too.

Seungwan: Hahaha, you should officially introduce Seulgi to us.

Sooyoung: Congrats, Joohyun! How does it feel to be on cloud nine?

 

Joohyun cannot believe the kind of friends she has. These three really don’t know how to keep secrets.

“I need to calm my senses. I can’t give off myself that easy.” Joohyun tells herself.

---

The next day, Seulgi is attending the weekly family dinner. She checks her phone restlessly. Not a single message from Joohyun.

Am I rejected? Seulgi wonders.

She seems not in the mood to talk about last night.

“Mister Bae told me your date went well. You even drove Joohyun home last night.” Seulgi’s father inquires.

“Daebak! You were with her up until night? That’s a first.” Minhyuk says excitedly.

Right then, her phone gets a message from an unknown number.

Seulgi, did you get home alright last night?

A big smile on Seulgi’s face crept up. “Dad, you don’t need to get me blind dates two months from now on. I’m already dating Joohyun.”

“What’s gotten into you? Were you smitten by love at first sight?” Minhyuk questions his sister seriously. He knows his sister is not this reckless.

“I’ve met her before. She was my school mate in high school. Remember that music theater meeting you had before, dad? I liked her from that moment on. So, yes, technically it was love at first sight.” Seulgi explains.

“That was like eight years ago. You should have told me before. I should have arranged a blind date for you sooner. My little Seulgi has finall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter