Sudden Confessions

Seeing the Big Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Sudden Confessions

“Will your manager be picking you up?” Seulgi asks after sipping the last of her coffee.

“No, I’ll just call for a cab. I didn’t know what time the meeting will end so I insisted for Heechul-oppa to just leave me.” Maybe I shouldn’t had commented on the napkin drawing seriously. Is she asking me to go home? Maybe Seulgi’s tired.

“I’ll drive you then. I don’t have any other appointments planned after this and I should compensate you for being late for thirty-one minutes.” Seulgi motions for Joohyun to follow her. There’s another door opposite the one they entered before. There’s another set of stairs and this time she leads Joohyun downstairs to her garage. Three sports cars were parked in it. She pulls the passenger door of the middle one. It’s a velocity blue Mustang.

Seulgi knows how to impress, Joohyun thought.

“Get in.” Seulgi hurries to the driver’s seat after gently closing the passenger door ensuring Joohyun was already safe inside. She presses a button from her car key and the garage was suddenly opened. “You should put your address on my GPS.”

Joohyun does what she’s told to do. She notices that Seulgi drives carefully. Though this is a sports car, she feels the precision when Seulgi drives, like every move is calculated.

Sensing that Joohyun stares at her intently, Seulgi breaks the silence. “Let’s listen to some of your album tracks.”

A bewildered Joohyun breaks her stare and looks down on her bag. “Uhm, sure.” She takes out her phone and starts to play a song.

“This one sounds sad and lonely. It feels like the notes are playing more of the minor keys and depicts a longing dispatch.” Seulgi says.

Joohyun resolves that Seulgi is a stranger. Seulgi is different from what she remembers. This Seulgi feels warm and comfortable. Totally the opposite of the high school version she knows. “Yes, that’s pretty much my inspiration while I was composing this piece.”

A few songs later, they arrive at Joohyun’s house.

“Thank you for driving me home. It was nice reconnecting with you, Seulgi.” Joohyun says as she opens the door.

“I’ll send your manager the draft after a week.”

---

Seulgi’s family does this weird dinner every week. It’s a must for both siblings. Though the dinner’s ulterior motive is to check Seulgi’s impressions of her blind dates set up by their father.

“So, did you like him? He’s the grandson of the CEO of LG Electronics.” Seulgi’s father starts.

“Lee Yikyung is a stupid brat, dad! You’ve already set me up with twenty-eight guys and nine women since I was in my senior year of college. This is why I’m branded as ‘the weekend lover’. This is all your fault!” Seulgi says grumpily.

“Yeah, dad. Give Seulgi a break. Like two months of not meeting anyone.” Minhyuk says warily while taking glances over Seulgi. Their father listens to the older sibling a lot and considers his advice.

“Okay, okay! I’ll stop the blind dates for two months after this last one. Can you at least make it to that, Seulgi?” The father insists.

“Yes, dad! I’ll take that willingly!” Seulgi says heartily.

“I wouldn’t be setting you up on blind dates if you’re hanging out with people or if you introduce me someone you actually date.” Seulgi’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter