Dark Revelations

Seeing the Big Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Dark Revelations

Seulgi asked Heechul for Joohyun’s schedule. She memorized them after only reading it for a minute. Tonight, Joohyun would be at the studio practicing her piano pieces. She’d planned to take Joohyun to dinner to make up for shrugging her off last time. She makes her way to the practice halls and knocks on the door. Heechul unlocks it and gestures for Seulgi to come inside.

Seulgi sees Joohyun packing up and says, “How does a romantic dinner with me sound?”

Joohyun looks surprised to see Seulgi. She hasn’t received any message from the younger lady after last night but a surprise like this she cannot help but swoon. “It sounds perfect.”

As they were passing by the halls of SM Entertainment, there was a sudden shout from the other side they were walking towards to.

“Yah, Seul-bear!” Lee Soonkyu shouting like an excited kid while walking linked arms with Taeyeon. “Up for drinks? We just finished wrapping up recording our new single.”

Seulgi bows her head at the sight of Taeyeon. Joohyun sees this and remembers the meeting at Seulgi’s studio. Seulgi must have had a lot of respect for Taeyeon, Joohyun thought.

“Seulgi, I didn’t know you’ll be here. Do you have a meeting with the advertising team?” Taeyeon asks her.

“No. I’m here to fetch my girlfriend. We’re having dinner.” Seulgi says nonchalantly.

“We’re going with you then! We haven’t been getting together in over half a year now!” Soonkyu says in a cute way trying to persuade Seulgi. She raises her heels to catch Seulgi’s cheeks and pinches them. Seulgi is trying to overpower the little ahjumma.

“Ahjumma, you’re ruining my image in front of my girlfriend.” Seulgi is worried Joohyun might feel out of place.

“Oh! Hi, you’re the new pianist, right?” Soonkyu inquires respectfully. This is SM Entertainment after all.

“I’m Bae Joohyun. Nice to meet you sunbae-nim.” Joohyun says timidly.

“I’m not getting you two in my car. I’ll just text you the place and you can go meet us there.” Seulgi knows Soonkyu-unnie will not back down at this rate. So, she grabs Joohyun’s free hand and starts dragging away.

---

Both cars almost arrived simultaneously at the Italian restaurant Seulgi reserved. As they went to the entrance, they notice there weren't any other customers but them. They went up to the square table for four at the center. Seulgi pulls out a chair for Joohyun. Both the older girls are astonished by Seulgi’s actions. Soonkyu being Soonkyu starts being playful and tries to sit beside Joohyun. But before she can sit, Seulgi says something in a very serious voice.

 

“You’re not sitting with my girlfriend.” Seulgi grabs the chair and sits herself.

“Seul-bear! You’ve changed! You used to pull the chair for me.” Soonkyu says in a charming voice.

Joohyun is getting pissed. Seulgi didn’t say anything while driving to the restaurant. She senses Seulgi is stalling on talking about how she met those two. Let alone explain why Soonkyu-unnie is so touchy with Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter