Storm

The Eve

Third person now. I started this out in first but felt that its better in third. Sorry if it confuses you.

“ KIM JUN MYEON WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU”  Yixing’s voice echos through the dorm and the other member start falling into the corridor.

“ Hyung, why are you shouting? “ Chen’s confused as he carefully approaches a ballistic Lay.

“ Where the is he??? “ He storms across the living room and pushes each door open hoping to find him.

“ Hyung calm down, Suho hyung is in his room but you really shouldn’t speak to him like that. “ Baekhyun tries to calm him down.

The door at the end of the corridor slowly creaks open and Suho is standing there with regret on his face.

“Yixing calm down and we will talk properly”
“ I will not calm the down, TELL ME WHY THE IS HEAJUNG BLIND, YOU BETTER HAVE A DAMN GOOD REASON NOW!”

There’s and audible gasp from the other members and silence for once falls and settles itself uncomfortably in the apartment.

“ Yixing, when i told you she went to visit her friends right before you left for China it was a lie”

Baekhyun looks up at Suho like he had summoned the devil upon them.

“ Suho hyung, you said Noona went away for a long trip and she wasn’t coming back soon right? Thats why we haven’t seen her in months“


“ I lied. ”


Yixing take a deep breath and tries to speak less aggressively.

“ Why did you lie to all of us? Is it because she hated me or us and didn’t want to see us anymore?  What is it?”


Suho reaches out to grab Yixing gently by the shoulder and looks him straight in the eye.
“ That day months ago, when Jungie came by the studio to drop of my jacket, do you remember that?”

Yixing nods in reply.


“ She left the building and got into a car accident. An oncoming truck had slammed into her. She was in a coma for a few days before she woke up. Everything was okay her motor skills are all perfectly back to normal. But the blood clot from the impact had lodge itself somewhere in her brain blocking her vision. The doctors don’t know if this is temporary or permanent only time will tell.”

The boy is slumped onto his knees in the corridor, tears falling out of his eyes. Suho bends down and holds the boy.

“I wanted to call you first thing when she woke up, but she begged me not too. She threatened to kill herself if i  were to tell you and losing her sight made her emotionally unstable so i didn’t dare take any risks.  She didn’t want you to distract yourself from your album release. She made me promise Yixing, you know i would never hurt her in anyway. “


All these thoughts run through his head and he cant control the tears pouring down his face.
“ I went by her shop today hyung, and she looked at me. Her eyes were blank and she didn’t recognised me. I noticed the folded stick she was holding. I couldn’t believe it. I had to ask you. I didn’t want to startle her”


“ Now that you know what are you going to do”

Yixing shakes his head filled with guilt. Where was he all this time when the one he claimed he love so much had all this happen to her.  There he was just feeling useless and comparing himself to Suho all the time. Caught up in his own mindless unhappiness. Why didn’t he check in with her.  Why is he learning this now 6 months later.

He said loved her, but all he did was leave her alone when she needed him the most. Baekhyun helps Yixing up from the floor and shuffles him into their bedroom.

“ Hyung, don’t hate yourself. Noona is stubborn just like you…. “

“ Do you know what she said the last day  I saw her , she asked me if i was coming back, if i was coming back to stay. I didn’t answer her. All i gave her was silence and then she left….. Oh god Baekhyun this is all my fault if I had told her how much i loved her or held onto her this wouldn’t …… this wouldn’t have happened. “

Baekhyun kneels down slowly infront of his favourite hyung.

“ You cannot blame yourself for this, thats just throwing yourself a ridiculous pity party, you need to go to her and show here that you’re here now. “

“ She won’t see….” Baekhyun tells him that she will recognise his voice , his touch and the dongsaeng is sure that she has always been waiting for him.  Yixing cries himself to sleep that night under the watchful eye of his roommate. Tomorrow was gonna be a big day.

 

________________________________


“ How did you find out “ She tries to take small steps back, but the darkness is the worst of her disadvantages.


“ Jungie please don’t run away from me … “

“ Was it Suho Oppa? , but he promised me….”

“ No Jungie, I came by your shop and I saw you. I threatened Suho for an explanation. He lied to everyone for you Jungie.


“ You…… You have to go please, I can’t.. I cant see you like this. “ She turns around and tries to talk as fast as she can but the speed is minimal when you have to feel ahead of you instead of look. It take seconds for him to catch up as she feel his hands wrap around her possessively.


“ Do you hate me ?” he whispers.

“ How can I hate you , why should i hate you?” her reply soft only audible to him.

“ I wasn’t there for you all these month, you were alone and.. “

She struggles a little but manages to find her way out of his grasps. “Yixing, what…. what we had is over, you shouldn’t come around here like this and look for me anymore. You were right we need to move on from each other. “

The boy lets out a cry and grabs on to her “ I will never move on from you, I love you more than my life itself, how can you ask that of me now. “

“The last day i saw you, i asked you Yixing, I asked you to come back and you didn’t say a word. I knew you were going back to China to work but we could’ve figured something out. Because i loved you , it would’ve worked. But now …. we cant be together not like this. “

The words clench at his heart. Was this the end of both of them.

“Jungie, i was worried i had nothing to give you, I felt that i wasn’t good enough for you”

“Then you don’t know me well enough, cause if you did, you would’ve know your heart was more than enough.”

She offers him a small smile, while the words sink in.

“ Can you let me send you home at least?”

She nods and he reaches out for her arm gently placing it under his.

The walk is silent as she takes deep breaths hoping to hold on to his scent forever. She would not be his burden or the reason why his career comes to a halt. There would be too many issues too many questions nothing that would’ve benefited the boy.

“ The day i left for China was the day after I bumped into you at the studio. I tried to call you , to tell you I changed my mind that i wanted to stay with you, but you didn’t pick up. “

Heajung stopped in her tracks and slipped out of his grasps.

“I thought you had given up so i left. But Suho told me about the accident so I guess you were still in a coma then, weren’t you?”

He takes her hand again and carries on walking , pretending that the revelation wasn’t important.
She’s still silent as they finally reach Suho’s apartment.

“ Can I bring you up? “

She agrees and he helps her pass the gates. When they reach her floor,  Yixing doesn’t step out with her. He urges her to go along as he holds the life.

“ Rest well HeaJung, and do what you may with my heart, I don’t have a use for it anymore now. “

The doors shut and the lift takes him down.  Tears stream down her cheeks as she find the main door to Suho’s apartment. It reads her fingerprint and the door unlocks.


Suho’s reading on the couch when he looks up and see’s a distraught Heajung struggling to keep herself together.

He runs over and holds her close “ He went to find you didn’t he “

“ What do I do Suho, I love him too much , but I cant be his burden too “