Daffodils

Baby Cheese
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

....There's a Daffodil field next to their military base...

 

Taemin never expected his military period to be easy. The first five weeks of his training period was the most intense time period he had ever experienced. He hated it. He wanted to run away from this isolated society. The instructors were scary and would try to intimidate the trainees whenever they could. There was a certain way to sit. There was a certain way to talk, to eat. Taemin was tired of everything. 

 

Then he was relocated to his battalion as the five weeks were over. That would be his home till the day he finished his duty. Taemin couldn’t say if he liked it, but he could be sure that his life was a bit easier than the first five weeks he spent in the training base. He still had to follow the strict rules. But hey, at least he got a chance to make some new friends. And the seniors were a bit, a tiny bit, less annoying too.

 

They were ordered to clear a certain area of their camp. They had to clear all the tree chunks, lift heavy rocks and Taemin, being the clumsy guy he is, tripped over a tree root as he tried to lift a heavy rock and fell on the ground, spraining his ankle. Well now Taemin hated the military even more.

 

But as he mentioned before, the seniors were a bit less annoying. So they let him rest for the next day. He might have got a day off from his heavy duty, but they still gave him plenty of paperwork to be done by the end of the day. Taemin was sure that the amount of paperwork he got was not something one man could finish in a day. But it’s not like he had a choice. So he started his work as he sat down on the uncomfortably tiny chair that came with a small desk. 

 

The chair was under a tree in the corner of their camp. He was there all alone, as the others had left to clear the area. Their camp was located in the countryside. Taemin saw lots of daffodils blowing in the wind next to the fence of their camp. He stared at them for a while and he wanted to pick one flower so bad. 

 

Why? Did he like flowers? No. Taemin never really liked flowers. But this certain flower reminded him of his childhood. It reminded him of his best friend he had in his second grade. His name was Minho, well, he couldn’t remember Minho’s full name because Taemin moved schools in the third grade as his family moved to Seoul. And it had been almost twenty years since he last met him. 

 

Minho was such a goody two shoes. Taemin, on the other hand, didn't really mind breaking a rule once in a while. Their school was next to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter