Promises II

Oh.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Have you listened to her new album yet?”

“Yeah, I just downloaded it this morning and I. Am. In. Love. I knew she sang but who knew she could write like that? Half the songs made me cry!”

Joohyun bit her bottom lip, biting back a smile. It didn’t take a genius to figure out who the girls were talking about.

“This morning? Is that why you were late with the coffee?”

“It was for a very good reason!”

The elevator dinged and the two interns stepped out laughing, oblivious to the beaming grin on the CEO's face. Once the metal doors slid shut, she slipped her phone out her back pocket and her grin melted into a soft smile.

Her background hadn’t changed in the four years since she’d last seen Seulgi. It was still her favorite picture of the two of them. Seulgi was making a silly face, scrunched nose and adorable eye smile and all while Joohyun was kissing her cheek, lips curled in an apparent smile of her own.

You kept your promise Seulgi. I’m so proud of you.

The elevator dinged again and Joohyun power walked out, stilettos clicking satisfyingly against the floor. She stopped at the desk in front of her office.

“Good morning Yerim. One nonfat green tea latte.” She handed her secretary the drink. “Careful, it’s piping hot.”

“Thank you, Miss Bae!” The younger girl took the drink gingerly before taking a small sip. She caught the scowl on her boss’s face and smiled sheepishly. “I mean, thank you unnie.”

Joohyun smirked triumphantly. “What’s the status on the Julian file?”

“It was completed around 5am local time. We’re just waiting on the last of the documentation from Taiwan before we can move forward with the release and notary. Oh, and a package arrived for you. I put it on your desk.”

The brunette perked up. “Oh?” She knew exactly what that package was. “Do I have any meetings this morning?”

“You’re free until your lunch appointment with the Min chairmen at noon.”

“Wonderful. Please hold all my calls until then.”

“Of course, unnie. Thanks again for the coffee!”

“No problem.” Joohyun smiled before going into her office, closing the tall door behind her.

She saw the small box on her desk and practically skipped her way to it. She grabbed a pair of scissors and sliced the tape before reaching through packaging peanuts and pulling out the album. Joohyun nearly squealed in excitement as she ripped the plastic wrapping off the glossy red album.

She booted up her desktop and slid the CD in as soon as it was on. Thin fingers turned the volume up and automatically a smile broke out at the familiar sweet voice.

You’ve gotten so much better, bear. Or is it just because I haven’t heard you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter