Joo

Oh.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene always wondered why Seulgi preferred calling her Joohyun over her stage name. She would’ve thought she’d prefer it since Seulgi was the one who originally came up with it.  

They were in the middle of a meeting with their handlers a few months before debut when the group started to throw around ideas for stage names. Seulgi, who had always been a bit of a Greek mythology nerd, suggested the name Irene. She remembered the younger girl smiling excitedly with bright eyes as she explained how not only was Irene the goddess of peace (as in her role of keeping the peace between all four members) but she was also known for her beauty that transcended all time periods. 

The other girls caught on quickly with the new name and now it was as familiar as her own birth name. Yet Seulgi still insisted on calling her Joohyun instead. 

In fact Seulgi had somehow formed a habit of repeating her name over and over at random times in the day. They would be on their way to a schedule when Irene was minding her own business when she’d hear her girlfriend babbling “Joohyun. Joohyun. Joooohyun.” from the back seat.

It was almost like a prayer to Seulgi and she had no idea why. 

“Seul?”

“Yeah babe?” She answered, brown eyes still glued on the tv as they watched the newest episode of Meteor Garden. They were seated on the couch, Seulgi sitting back while Irene laid down with her legs draped over her girlfriend’s lap.

“You do know you’re the one who came up with the name Irene, right?”

“Uh yeah, I was there.” 

“Why don’t you ever call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter