Promises

Oh.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If you’re going to break up with me, hurry up and do it. I... I can’t be the one to do it. I can’t be the one to end us.” She clenched her fists tight, knuckles turning a ghostly white.

 

“Seulgi-ah,” Joohyun whimpered, hands itching to take the trembling girl in her arms. Seulgi usually stood so tall and proud, her confidence making her appear an extra five inches taller. But now her shoulders were slumped and eyes down and Joohyun swore she’s never seen her girlfriend look so small. And it was all her fault. “I’m sorry. I am so sorry.”

 

The brunette shook her head, staring down at her beat up superstars. She remembered buying couple shoes together a while back and how they even wrote their initials on the toe in tiny script. Seulgi’s pair was full of scuff marks and the permanent marker was barely legible yet she knew Joohyun’s was still crisp and clear as the day they wrote it.

 

She was always so much better at taking care of her things, Seulgi thought cynically. It’s funny how quickly things change. Was this the universe playing a huge metaphorical joke at her expense?

 

“Stop. Just stop. Just say what you have to say. I need to hear it, Hyun. Or else I can’t let you walk out of this room.”

 

“We… We need to break up.”

 

It came out quietly, just barely above whisper and just like that, Seulgi felt her entire world collapse at her feet. Her already bruised heart dropped and shattered as it hit the bottom of her now cold, empty stomach. She was certain that the deafening sound of her heart breaking into a million tiny pieces was loud enough for even Joohyun to hear.

 

“I really didn’t think you’d have the guts to say it, unnie. Good job.”

 

Her words came out so heartlessly that she herself almost flinched.

 

“Seulgi,” She felt the soft hand grab hers and pull her into a familiar embrace.

 

She didn’t hesitate to wrap her arms low around Joohyun’s waist and bury her face into the girl’s hair. She inhaled the lavender scent she grew so accustomed to and tried to burn the scent into her memory. She knew this would be the last time she’d get to be surrounded by it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter