Chapter 4

Deviant

 

Ten stood in-front of an iron door, Sicheng in his arms, and Doyoung standing right beside him. “So~, Tennie~, this is where you’ll be staying. You’ll stay here with Sichengie,” he patted said one’s hair, “Jeno will also be staying here, although I’m pretty sure he hasn’t fully recovered... Sicheng did quite a number on him didn’t he?~” Doyoung smirked when he saw Ten’s temper rise. “Anyway,” he added before Ten could snap, “there’ll be another mate in there, his name is Yuta, and I’m su~re you guys can do introductions yourselves, so I won’t tell you about him.” He opened the door and pushed them inside. “In you go!~” he said sweetly, almost childlike. He locked the door, and Ten was left, left with an unpredictable boy in his arms, a mysterious boy with his head hung low, and his worries.

 

The floor was as white as the other one, but it had black walls, no windows. On the right wall, was a little door, Ten hoped that’s were they got food. In the room was only a queen bed, a bunk bed, and a small table, there was door which was probably the bathroom.

 

“Sichengie? Sicheng are you all right?” The boy said. 

“Yu.... ta.” Sicheng weakly said.

“Sicheng, I’m here, it’s oka- Who are you?” Yuta interrupted himself as he glared and looked disgusted at Ten. “Did you hurt Sicheng? Did you do this to him?” Yuta stood up, almost charging at Ten.

“N-no! I-I-“

“Yuta, it’s okay, I did this to myself.” He turned to Ten, “Could you please put me down?” Ten nodded quickly. As soon as he put him down, he stumbled a little, either way he stumbled his way to Yuta and collapsed in his arms. Mentioned one started leaving sweet, soft kisses to Sicheng’s head. 

“What happened to you?”. Yuta questioned.

“I... I showed them my full power. I-I....” his eyes were distant, “I showed them, Yuta.”

“Oh Sicheng,” he brushed the hair strands away from his eyes, “does that mean... did you.. kill...?”

“No!” Sicheng suddenly smiled, “I didn’t! They brought in new test subjects and one of them had the power to be indestructible. So I didn’t kill him, I did leave him in a bad state though...” he turned to Ten, “That’s the other test subject.”

“Care to introduce yourself... Ten?” Yuta glared.

“Yeah uh... My name is- Ten. I’m from Thailand, and I’ve been brought in just today... I think.” To be honest he didn’t really know what day it even was... he’d have to ask later. “My power is to control any liquid, and uh.. yeah.”

“Ten.. huh? Well my name’s Nakamoto Yuta, I’m from Japan, and I have the power to feed from the sunlight, and convert it to pretty much anything I want. This cutie over here,” he pecked the other’s cheek, making him blush. “His name is Dong Sicheng and he’s from China. Sicheng’s power uh, well, basically he can grow plants and-“

 

“I used to love my power,” Sicheng interrupted, cheek now pressed to Yuta’s chest, and his arms wrapped around his waist, “because I could create life, in a way. Our house used to be filled with vines and flowers. I hated the fact that humans were killing nature, so I brought nature into our home. I was so happy..” He then turned to Yuta, and smiled “We were so happy.” His smile suddenly broke. “But then the neos found us, brought us here. Doyoung and his... sick ideas. Just like you, he had the idea to turn my beautiful power into something so cruel. He wanted me to grow plants inside of a person’s body, as a ‘way to get information’. It was too cruel. The first tests died... petals came out from... everywhere. Eyes, nose, mouth, ears, you get the idea. Then I became afraid, afraid of myself, of my power. I started getting these horrible headaches everytime I hurted someone, Doyoung said it was from the guilt. So I lessened it. When Doyoung brought someone new, I only used half of my power.” A tear rolled down his eye. “Doyoung and Taeyong wanted more, always more. They started hurting Yuta, if I didn’t do what they told me. I love Yuta too much, but.. I didn’t want others to suffer. Then today happened, Jeno was brought it, and I just went full on him.” Yuta caressed his back, massaging soft circles on him.

“I’m so so afraid of myself. Before I came here, I was pure and good, full of hope. But now, I don’t when will I be happy.” He turned to Ten, who had listened to everything. “Sorry for the sudden backstory rambling, thanks for listening though.” Ten smiled sweetly.

“It’s okay.”

 

A few hours passed, in which Yuta and Sicheng told Ten about how they used to be, they were such a married couple. Apparently they were the first ones to be brought by the neo groups, way before they were announced. Although Ten doesn’t enjoy talking about himself, he just mentioned his sister, -being the other mutant in the family-, married a rich and powerful human, which will get her away from being caught.

 

Ten’s assumption was right, when the little door opened, and four trays of food were dispensed. They wasted no time, sat down on the table, and began to eat.

 

“Ten?” Jeno said, standing at the door. Jeno ran to him and hugged him, clutching him as if his life depended on it.

“Oh Jeno, I’m so glad you’re okay. I was so so worried.” Ten let out the breath he didn’t realise he was holding. “Damn kid, you should call me hyung, I’m older.”

“Always, Hyung.” He giggled

“Oh Jeno, these are our ‘mates’. Yuta and Sicheng.” He pointed which is which.

“Oh,” he bowed, “hi there.”

“I’m so so sorry I did that to you.”

Jeno scoffed. “Oh, it’s fine.” Jeno sat with them, and patted Ten’s back.

“So... anyone care to tell me where the heck are we?”

“So,” Sicheng spoke out, “this is room N.000. It’s where the most important test subjects are kept. It’s also the nearest to the labs, and Taeyong’s and Doyoung’s private rooms. There are other rooms, but... I don’t really know about them.”

“So the most important test subjects?” Ten said.

“Yeah,” Sicheng said, “I’m being tested to for new methods to get information. Yuta’s being tested to see how many things he can create. Ten to see if he control blood, if I did hear correctly, and..?”

“Oh, I’m pretty much their test dummy. Gonna get tested on anything they need.” He said, not really caring. 

 

“Hey Sicheng.” Ten spoke, “is that Taeyong often so sweet?”

“Uh, he uh... I don’t know. One time he was screaming at a poor girl who didn’t use the correct ink, then he was playing with an intern’s hair, then he actually smiled as he saw a mutant scream in pain and beg for mercy, then... he had you on his lap, telling you sweet words..”

“He’s a weird, sadistic man.” Ten said.

“Agreed.”

“Ten...?” A girl’s head peeked out from the door, probably an intern, “Mr. Taeyong wants to see you... privately.”