5/10

True Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here’s the next scene :3 Let’s find out Changmin’s reaction! D:

The distant sounds of the laughter and chatter from the guests in the main part of the venue were heard. So were the tweets coming from the birds perched, unseen, on the trees nearby. The sound of the wind gently blowing, rustling the tree leaves as it passed, could also be heard.

However, among the three people involved in the tense situation, no sound could be heard.

Siwon was just glaring spitefully at what he considered to be a freak of nature.

Kyuna—no, Kyuhyun—had silent tears rolling down his cheeks.

And Changmin—

Well, Changmin’s face was the perfect picture of surprise, unpleasant shock, incredulity, anger, and, most of all, hurt all mixed together. He could do nothing but stare and gape at the person whom he had thought just a few minutes ago was his girlfriend.

But this person apparently wasn’t even a girl.

Changmin apparently never actually had a girlfriend, and he was reeling from the shock of the truth. The horrible, heartbreaking truth.

What he thought to be the perfect relationship was, in fact, just fake.

Everything that he thought to be perfect was nothing but a big, fat lie.

It was Kyuhyun who finally decided to break the tensed silence.

“Changmin, please…” Kyuhyun said to Changmin imploringly. Pleadingly.

What he was pleading for, Changmin wasn’t sure. And to be honest, it currently didn’t matter much to Changmin right now. All that Changmin could really focus on was that dull, empty space in his chest where his heart used to be.

In just a matter of seconds, Siwon and Kyuhyun had effectively managed to make Changmin’s heart vanish.

It was worse than heartbreak. At least with heartbreak, the shattered pieces of your heart were still there somehow. But with Changmin’s case… the deception was so painful that it didn’t just break his heart. It seemed like his heart had vanished, and Changmin didn’t know how he was still alive without the vital organ that was supposed to be pumping his blood.

“Changmin, look,” Kyuhyun said in a voice that was barely above a whisper. “Just—just hear me out…”

Siwon let out a scoff now. “Hear you out?! You expect the man to listen to you after you tricked him?! You’ve got some nerve!”

“Siwon, please! This isn’t about you!”

“Not about me?! Are you mad?! You did the very same thing to me!”

“And I’m sorry about it, okay? But please, just leave me and Changmin alone and let us talk!”

“You really think he wants to talk to you?” Siwon snapped, gesturing at the stunned and incredulous expression that Changmin was still sporting on his face. “Does that look like someone who wants to talk to you? Who still wants something remotely to do with a creature like you?!”

Kyuhyun seemed to have decided to just ignore Siwon and focused his attention completely on Changmin again. “Changmin, please just let me explain…”

But Siwon wasn’t done. He was still quite angry at Kyuhyun. At the past relationship that he had been tricked into. “You expect the man to let you explain after you fooled him?!”

“Changmin, I didn’t fool you!” Kyuhyun contradicted Siwon, begging Changmin to believe him.

“You call leading him to believe that you’re female as not fooling him?!” Siwon snarled. “You weren’t satisfied with tricking me, and you had to just lure another kind man into your debauchery!”

“I didn’t mean any harm!”

“You liar! You—”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter