1/10

True Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all! First, an announcement: I originally intend for this story to just be a one-shot. But it would have been an outrageously long one-shot. So, instead of having multiple scenes in one long chapter, I’ll divide the scenes for this story into separate chapters. One short scene for each chapter.

Here’s the first scene! I hope you guys like it.

In the heart of the city, there was a market area, and the place was filled with numerous stalls, vendors selling various, interesting knickknacks. Clothes, jewelry, figurines, ornaments, toys, household decors, and other items. Quite a few stalls were also devoted to food. From actual meals to snacks to desserts---you name it, they have it.

For all the interesting merchandise, though, these things weren’t able to hold the attention of a lone, tall man.

Changmin was new to the city, and he had decided to spend the day exploring the place. He had gone to the market area to immerse in the local products and food.

However, right now, he could barely care less about the products and food that were being sold around him.

Instead, his eyes were on a woman several feet away from him.

The woman was wearing a bright red dress that fitted her form quite well, showing some very nice curves in the right places. She was tall, though a bit shorter than Changmin. She had long, blonde hair (‘probably dyed,’ Changmin thought to himself). But what got Changmin’s attention the most were her eyes—brown and doe-like, Changmin felt like he could just stare into her eyes forever.

Changmin had first noticed the woman about ten minutes ago, and since then, he had been captivated by her. Instead of checking out the products and food in the market area, Changmin was trying to subtly check her out instead.

The woman currently buying some rice cakes. The vendor had just finished packing her purchases, and the woman got her package and thanked the vendor. From the spot where he was standing, Changmin saw that the woman was fixing the shopping bags that she was carrying, seemingly checking that she had everything that she needed.

Changmin then realized that the woman was about to leave the place!

He realized that he had to act quickly.

He didn’t know a single thing about this lady, but he sure as hell would like to get to know her. Changmin was handsome, and he’d had his share of girlfriends in the past, but he normally wasn’t so bold as to just talk up to a woman. However, there was just something about this woman that pulled Changmin to her.

Changmin couldn’t just let the opportunity pass. Who knows if he’d ever see her again if he just let her walk away now? For some strange reason, the thought of never seeing her again already caused a small pang of pain in Changmin’s chest. He had to at least try.

Steeling his nerves, Changmin quickly approached the woman before she could take more than a few steps away from the stall where she had just bought rice cakes.

“Uhm, excuse me,” Changmin called out to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter