4/10

True Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: And here’s the next scene! :D

“I still don’t see why you need to be here,” Kyuna complained to Changmin once more, her nose wrinkling in distaste as she surveyed the scene around them.

Changmin found her expression to be totally adorable.

They were currently at the park, where a huge party or get together of sorts was happening. And it wasn’t just some party. It was a party for the big and important business tycoons in the city. A way for the rich business men and women along with their families and friends to interact with each other… and form connections and gain more partners to grow their companies and become even more filthy rich.

“I told you—I’m doing my hyung a favor,” Changmin replied patiently. “You know that my cousin’s the heir to their company. But he can’t come today, so I’m sort of the substitute for him.” Changmin didn’t really feel like associating with all these snooty, rich people, but hey, his cousin was basically letting Changmin live with him for free. Changmin figured that the least that he could do for his cousin was to attend this party.

“Besides, I’ve heard that the party will have delicious food,” Changmin added, now grinning widely.

And right on cue, his abyss of a stomach growled.

Kyuna rolled her eyes, though a small smile was playing on her lips.

“Alright, but I still don’t see why I need to be here,” she said.

“You’re here to keep your awesome boyfriend company, of course,” Changmin replied promptly.

“Boyfriend—sure. Awesome—what awesome?” Kyuna pretended to snark, teasing Changmin.

“Yah!” Changmin protested indignantly. His arms reached out, ready to grab his beautiful girlfriend to make her “pay” for that “insult.” However, his stomach gave another growl.

And this time, the growl was louder, causing the people near them to look at Changmin questioningly, their eyebrows raised.

Changmin’s expression turned sheepish.

Kyuna just sighed and shook her head. “How about I go and get you some of that ‘delicious food’? You know, before everyone thinks you’re holding some kind of monster in your stomach or something.”

“You’re the best,” Changmin said happily, planting a kiss on Kyuna’s lips. His girlfriend may , but she always made sure to keep him well-fed! Kyuna really was the perfect woman for him.

Kyuna’s cheeks turned red at being kissed in public, but she also looked quite happy as she went off to the tent pitched at the other side of the venue, where the food (all catered by a sophisticated and fancy restaurant in the city) was.

From a distance, Changmin could see that lots of people were flocking to the food tent. Regretfully, he realized that it might take Kyuna a while before she can come back to him with food. So, he decided to walk around a bit first. He wasn’t really interested in socializing with “the most important people in the city,” though, so Changmin instead headed to an area away from most people. In this area of the park were mostly trees, with flower beds here and there.

Changmin greatly appreciated the beauty of nature here. Much better than having to mingle with all those people who were mostly just interested in expanding their businesses.

However, Changmin had been in the area for just a couple of minutes when a good-looking man, probably around the same age as he was, came rushing into the area.

“Quick! Hide me!” the man all but yelled, obviously quite panicked.

Well, he told Changmin to hide him, but without even waiting for the bewildered Changmin to move, the man quickly hid himself behind the nearest tree.

The man had scarcely disappeared from view when a horde of girls went thundering past them. And it really was a horde.

‘So much for the peacefulness of this area,’ Changmin thought wryly to himself.

Soon enough, though, the “stampede” passed, and all the seemingly rabid girls were gone as quickly as they had come.

“Is it safe to come out?” the man’s voice came from behind the tree.

“Your fangirls are all out of sight, if that’s what you mean.”

The man emerged from behind the tree, letting out a relieved sigh. He started to fix his hair and straighten his clothes, which had been messed up during his dash to escape and save his life.

Changmin now got a better look at the man. He really was handsome. Changmin could see why those girls were attracted to him.

“I can’t tell you how much I thought I wasn’t going to survive from that,” the man said, shaking his head at the craziness. Then, he seemed to remember his manners. “Oh, forgive me, I totally forgot to introduce myself.” The man gave Changmin a warm smile and stretched out his hand. “I’m Choi Siwon.”

Changmin’s eyes widened at the name.

“Choi Siwon? As in their heir to the fortune of the Choi family and soon-to-be CEO of Choi Corporation?” Changmin asked in mild disbelief as he shook the man’s hand.

No wonder those girls were chasing after this man. Not only was he handsome, but he was also a Choi. The Choi family was one of the richest and most influential families in the place, and Choi Corporation was doing so well that, according to rumors, it was gaining the attention of Forbes from abroad.

However, despite the vast fortune, it was also well-known that the heir to the Choi fortune was quite good and religious. And it wasn’t even just for show. The man was really devout to his religion and often helped the needy.

“Well, yes. But please, I’m just Siwon,” Siwon now smiled humbly.

“I’m Shim Changmin,” Changmin introduced himself. Then, he jerked his thumb toward the direction where Siwon’s fangirls had disappeared to. “That happens to you often?”

“You mean being mobbed? Most unfortunately, yes,” Siwon admitted, now looking wear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter