Chapter 6

Miss Hwang

 

Chapter 6

 

 

 

Holding her hand to her chest, Taeyeon closed the door and headed to the sofa in her office. Although her breathing was already normal, she could still feel the fast beating of her heart. Am I sick? Why is my heart still racing? Taeyeon thought as she sat and leaned on the sofa.

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes and relaxed her body. I think I should see my doctor to make sure that I am okay. It was her first time experiencing something like that and it has been a while since she last visited a doctor for a checkup. Taeyeon sighed as she remembered the conversations she had with her parents and her brother. It's not that she did not want to be in a serious relationship, it's just that she haven't found someone that would make her fall deeply inlove and who would make her think of settling down. Heck, I don't even know what being inlove feels like.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the growling of her stomach. Taeyeon groaned, Why am I so unlucky today? I'm so hungry. I was in a rushed to escape my parents that I did not even get to eat my breakfast. Sheesh! I should have bought something on my way here. 

 

Just then she heard a knock on her door.

 

"Come in."

 

Taeyeon saw Tiffany entered carrying a tray. Her eyes light up upon seeing the food on the tray that her secretary was holding. Immediately Taeyeon sat properly and waited for Tiffany. She saw her usual coffee along with a plate of scrambled eggs, bacons and slices of wheat bread. Wow! Food! Yes! Taeyeon mentally cheered as Tiffany sets down the tray on the table.

 

"Thank you Miss Hwang."

 

"Your welcome Chairman." Tiffany bowed and was about to go out of the office when Taeyeon called her.

 

"Miss Hwang."

 

"Yes Chairman? Anything else?" Tiffany stopped and faced Taeyeon.

 

"I was just curious of the reason why you have brought me food other than my cofffee."

 

"Oh! Right, Mrs. Kim texted me to bring and make sure you ate your breakfast."

 

Taeyeon nodded, "Miss Hwang have a seat and eat with me."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I cannot finish all of this." Taeyeon said while looking at food on the table.

 

"It's okay Chairman I already had my breakfast and besides the food I brought was good for only one person."

 

With eyebrows raised Taeyeon said, "Are you disobeying me Miss Hwang?"

 

"No Chairman, I was just--"

 

Grrr..grrr

 

A rumbling sound was heard that stop Tiffany from talking.

 

Taeyeon smirked upon hearing the sound coming from the stomach of the brunette.

 

"You were saying Miss Hwang?" Taeyeon looked at her blushing secretary.

 

Tiffany cleared , "I would just get my breakfast and join you shortly. Excuse me Chairman."

 

Taeyeon chuckled as she watched Tiffany hurriedly went out of the room.

 

*******************************

 

Ugh! That was really embarrassing. I should have eaten earlier. Tiffany thought while getting her bagel and coffee. Composing herself she entered Taeyeon's office and saw Taeyeon sipping her macchiato. 

 

Tiffany noticed that her boss had not started eating yet. Carrying her breakfast she sat in front of Taeyeon and set her food on the table.

 

"Let's eat."

 

Tiffany nodded. Taeyeon was enjoying her coffee while Tiffany got a strip of bacon and sliced it into smaller pieces. After that, she placed an ample amount of scrambled eggs and a sliced of wheat bread on the plate along with the sliced bacons.She put the plate in front of her boss and filled another one for her.

 

Tiffany takes care of almost everything Taeyeon needs. It was normal for her to prepare her boss food first before hers. 

 

Taeyeon finished her coffee and started eating once Tiffany finished filling her own plate. A comfortable silence engulfed the two of them as they continued eating. Taeyeon noticed that Tiffany seems to like bacons.

 

"Miss Hwang, I'm already full. You can finished the rest of these." Taeyeon said as put the rest of the bacons on her secretary's plate.

 

"Thank you Chairman." Tiffany smiled gratefully at her.

 

Taeyeon nodded then stand to get a bottle of water when Tiffany handed her one. She goes back to her seat and waited for the brunette to finish eating.

 

Tiffany was so into eating that she was not aware that she had bread crumbs on her cheek. She was on her last piece of bacon when Taeyeon called her attention.

 

"Miss Hwang, you have something on your face."

 

"Oh where?" Tiffany looked to see Taeyeon pointing on where it was. She dabbed the spot on her face where Taeyeon pointed with a handkerchief. 

 

"Not there. Here." 

 

"Here?" Tiffany asked while dabbing her right cheek.

 

Taeyeon shake her head. Getting frustrated with Tiffany, she decided the help her.

 

"No, stop. Youre spreading it more. Here let me do it." Taeyeon stand from her seat and grabbed the handkerchief from Tiffany. She bend forward and wiped the brunette's right cheek, close to the side of her lips.

 

While wiping Tiffany's cheek, Taeyeon could not help but notice that her secretary has such luscious lips. She was not even aware that she had stop removing the crumbs and was just staring at her lips. 

 

"Chairman Kim?"

 

Taeyeon was startled when she heard Tiffany talked. She looked at her and when their eyes met she saw the question on her eyes. 

 

Thump...thump...thump...What is happening to me? Feeling the fast beating of heart, Taeyeon suddenly stand up straight and closed her eyes not caring about her secretary who look puzzled glancing at her. Breathe in. She closed her fist. Breathe out. Then opened her fist. Taeyeon repeated it several times until she can no longer feel her heart pounding.

 

"Are you okay Chairman?"

 

Opening her eyes she saw the curious look her secretary was giving her. Damn! What did I just do? Think Taeyeon think! Having thought of an excuse she handed the hanky to Tiffany before answering her.

 

"I'm fine. I was just practicing how to breathe properly." She said casually ignoring the fact that what she said was kind of ridiculous.

ggjfjfjgyy

"Okay?" Tiffany answered while looking at Taeyeon with concern. Her boss was acting weirdly and not her usual self.

 

Seeing the expression on Tiffany's face and not wanting her to asked anymore question, Taeyeon walked towards her office table. She heard Tiffany called someone to clean the remains of their breakfast after that Tiffany went in front of her holding her phone which contains her schedule.

 

"What is my schedule for today?" asked Taeyeon while reading the documents in her table.

 

"You have a board meeting at 10:30. Lunch meeting with Mr. Nakamura. Site visit in the afternoon. And Miss Sunny called to remind you of her birthday party next week. Your sister also called." Tiffany finished reciting her schedule. She waited her boss for any other instructions. While waiting she checks her phone if she had missed any of Taeyeons appointment.

 

"Hayeon called. What does she want?" Taeyeon stopped reading the documents upon hearing that her sister is looking for her.

 

"She wanted to remind you that you promised her that you will go shopping with her tomorrow."

 

Oh yeah I almost forgot about that. Taeyeon sighed when she remembered how her sister trick her into saying yes. Hayeon threathen her that she will burn her dookong which her sister found in her old bedroom on their parents house. I should have brought Dookong together with Jack when I moved out.

 

"Okay. Prepare the things we need for the board meeting. We will go there ten minutes before it starts."

 

"Yes Chairman." Tiffany bowed at Taeyeon before she turned her back to leave.

 

Taeyeon was about to call Tiffany but stop when she saw her already walking to the door. She put her chin on her knuckles and watch Tiffany leave until she closed the door.

 

I never noticed that Miss Hwang has such a nice . What am I thinking!? Get yourself together Kim Taeyeon and just work! But her is really perfect. Aish!! Taeyeon shake her head to erase her thoughts about her secretary and continue with her work.