Chapter 4

Miss Hwang

Chapter 4

 

 

Tiffany was waiting for Yuri to finished preparing her orders when her cellphone rang indicating that she had received a new message. She checked her phone only to see that her boss' mother was the one who had texted her.

 

From: Mrs. Kim

Miss Hwang can you get something to eat for Taeyeon? She did not have her breakfast because she left early as she said she has an early appointment.

 

An early appointment? As far as I know her first meeting today was scheduled after lunch. Tiffany wondered if she had forgotten to put it on her boss' schedule nevertheless she replied to Mrs. Kim.

 

To: Mrs. Kim

Of course Mam. I will make sure that the Chairman will have her breakfast ready when she arrived at her office.

 

From: Mrs. Kim

Thank you Miss Hwang. You were always dependable. I'll see you soon.

 

To: Mrs. Kim

Thank you Mam. You are always welcome.

 

Yuri went out of the kitchen carrying a paper bag which Tiffany guessed contained her orders. She put her phone in her bag then walked towards the counter where Yuri was.

 

"Fany thank you for waiting, here are your orders. One caramel macchiato, one flat white and one order of our american breakfast meal: scrambled eggs, bacons and two slices of wheat bread." Yuri said while handing her the paper bag.

 

"Thanks Yuri, can I order another set of your american breakfast meal?" Tiffany asked while giving Yuri the payment.

 

"Well yes, but you had to wait for another fifteen minutes. Why?" asked Yuri curiously. Tiffany looked at her watch before anwering Yuri and saw that she would be late if she stayed longer. "Oh, I have to buy my boss her breakfast," she answered while looking at the menu board.

 

Yuri thought for a while then suggested to Tiffany. "Why don't you order our grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich for her it will only take atleast five minutes to prepare."

 

"Yeah that would do but she is  allergic to peanuts." Tiffany again looked at her watch, "I do not have much time. Hmm..I'll just have one of your garlic bagel."

 

"Ah, she also liked bagel like you?"asked Yuri while wrapping the bread. She then handed to her the paper bag. "No, it's for me. Thanks Yuri! I'll see you tomorrow."

 

For her? So Fany's giving the american breakfast to her boss? But she like it so much that she would not even share it to anyone let alone give all of it. Yuri thought when she remembered that one weekend they had breakfast together with their friends. Sooyoung their shikshin friend asked Tiffany to have one piece of her bacons but she did not give her even with so much begging from Sooyoung. She watched as Tiffany with rushed footsteps walked out of the the shop into the busy streets of Seoul.

 

 

 

************************************************

 

Na Na Na Na Na

Na Na Na Na Na Na

Something New

Na Na Na Na Na

Na Na Na Na Na Na

I don’t care, I will act like me

 

Na Na Na Na Na

Na Na Na Na Na Na

Something new

Na Na Na Na Na

Na Na Na Na Na Na

We don’t care, you act like you

 

Taeyeon heard her phone ringing and saw that her brother was calling. She had just arrived at her office building and was about to getoff her car. She opened her window and signal the coming valet to wait for a moment as she answered her phone.

 

"Oppa! How could you? I was the last one to know your seeing someone and here I thought we were close."

 

Jiwoong only chuckled upon hearing the whining of his younger sister. "Hello to you too Taengoo. Was that how you greet your brother or perhaps you had left your manners at home? Hahaha."


Taeyeon pouted upon hearing her brother laugh. "Stop with the teasing Oppa. You are not going to get away with this. You owe me. Anyway why did you not tell me that you were dating already?"

 

Jiwoong could imagine his sister pouting. He adored his sister since they were little kids. They were only two years apart which made it easier for them to understand each other and be each others bestfriend. She was his partner in crime whenever he wanted to play a prank on someone.

 

People often mistaken them as twins as they look so much alike but so different when you got to know them. He was very active and carefree, always looking for an adventure while her sister enjoys being at home just reading books and playing her precious video games. They both were playful especially if they were surrounded by their family and friends. Their mother often said that if Taeyeon had become a guy she will look just like him.

 

Taeyeon was smart that she skipped two grades making her his classmate. Sometimes Jiwoong heard people saying that she was smarter than him and that she was better than him which had caused him to somehow resent her. But then, it did not last long as Taeyeon never let him feel that way. 

 

Jiwoong was supposed to takeover the company as the eldest but he strongly refused. Business and financial reports, marketing strategy, meeting with clents and many other office works wasn't just his thing. He wanted to become a photographer and not be confined in a four wall room all day.

 

Of course his parents was unhappy about it but they relented when Taeyeon told them that she will take his place and work for the company. He was very thankful to Taeyeon for taking the responsibility off him.

 

Jiwoong was a famous photographer now and all of it was thanks to his sister. He was proud of Taeyeon for what she had achieved in the business world but at the same time worried about her. She had become tough, a workaholic, always on guard and not as playful as before. He was glad to hear her whining as it made him remember the times when they were still little kids. "How did you know? I was just about to tell you that."

 

"I just learned it from Mom this morning when they showed up unannounced. She said you introduced them last week while I was on a business trip."

 

"Ah, that was an unplanned meeting. Our parents saw me in our favorite restaurant. They approached me then saw that I am with someone. I have no choice but to introduce them. Could you believed that Mom actually asked Jiyeon if we were dating?" Jiwoong laughed recalling how embarrassed he was during that time as it was only the fourth time that he and Jiyeon went out.

 

Taeyeon laughed, "It's Mom so yeah it wasnt really hard to picture. So her name is Jiyeon. When will I get to meet her?"

 

Jiwoong was about to answer when he saw someone from the crew calling him. He nodded at the crew and signaled that he will just finished the call. "When your not busy anymore. Hahaha. Hey Taengoo my shoot is about to start, I have to go. Let me know when your available. Bye!"

 

"Hey Oppa were not-" Taeyeon sighed when she heard the busy tone. 

 

After the call, Taeyeon fixed her self then get off the car and give her keys to the waiting valet. She might as well start doing her work like what she had told her mother earlier.