Chapter 3

Miss Hwang

Chapter 3

 

The sky brightens as the sun slowly peeked at the horizon. The sunlight creeped through the window and slowly filled up the room showing its wall painted in a light shade of blue. A lone figure was hugging a Jack Skellington plush and was fast asleep in a queen size bed at the middle of the room. When the clock striked at 5:30 am, a blaring sound disturbed the silence across the room.

 

Kim Taeyeon stirred from her sleep when she heard the alarm ringing. With her eyes still closed, she reached for her bedside table to turned off the noisy device. She slowly opened her eyes and stared blankly at her skyblue bedroom ceiling while hugging Jack before she stretched out her limbs that had become numb while she was sleeping. After a few minutes, she lazily situp and rubbed her eyes still hoding her plush. "Good morning Jack," she said as she put the plush in the middle her bed before she moved and dragged her feet to the bathroom to get herself ready for work.

 

Taeyeon started doing her morning rituals: taking a bath, brushing her teeth and washing her face. After thirty minutes, she walked out from her bathroom with her blonde hair still wet which she covered with a towel. She was wearing a cotton blue bathrobe and a pair of fluffy blue slippers. She then went to her bedside table to checked her phone for new emails and messages.

 

After replying to some messages and emails, she went to her walk in closet to chose what she would be wearing today.

 

Taeyeon stands in front of a full length mirror holding the two outfits she had chosen: a blue buttoned up shirt paired with a black trouser and a grey business suit. She was still thinking which one to put on when she heard a knocked on her door.

 

"Come in." Taeyeon shouted while still looking at the mirror.

 

She saw her butler entering her room.

 

He bowed to her. "Good morning Miss Taeyeon, your parents are waiting for you in the living room."

 

Taeyeon frowned at what the butler had said. What are they doing here this Monday morning? They did not even informed me beforehand that they will be here and besides it's still 6am they should still be sleeping.

 

She faced Mr. Lee. "Okay. Tell them to wait at the breakfast nook. I''ll meet them there in a few minutes, by the way Mr. Lee" Taeyeon hold out in front of the butler the two outfits she was holding. "Which one should I wear?"

 

Mr. Lee looked at the outfits Taeyeon were holding. He had been working with the Kim Family since Taeyeon was born. Taeyeon treated him like an uncle and was close to him eversince. When she decided to move out of her parents house, one of their conditions was for Mr. Lee to go with her. Taeyeon immediately agreed and she had been living with Mr. Lee and two other maids for almost four years now. 

 

"Miss you will look beautiful in any of those two."

 

"Of course Mr. Lee! I look good in anything even if I were to wear a rug."

 

Mr. Lee smiled and nodded at Taeyeon. "Certainly. I think you should wear the blue one Miss, to start your week brightly."

 

Taeyeon contemplated what the butler said then nodded. "Good choice Mr. Lee. You may go."

 

Mr. Lee bowed again at Taeyeon and went out of the room to inform Mr. and Mrs. Kim that their daughter will join them shortly.

 

 

**************************

 

Taeyeon saw her parents was busy asking something to Mr. Lee but she did not clearly heared it when she entered the room. Her mother saw her and suddenly stopped talking with the butler and smiled at her.

 

"Good morning mom." She kissed her mother's cheek, then turned to her dad to do the same. "Morning dad."

 

"Morning Taetae"greeted Mrs. Kim while Mr. Kim just nodded at Taeyeon.

 

"Your early, what are you doing here?"asked Taeyeon while she was taking her seat to the left side of her father. She signaled Mr. Lee to take out the food for breakfast so that thay can start eating.

 

"Why? Are we not allowed to visit you anytime we want?" her mother replied while putting eggs on her plate.

 

"Of course not, I'm just surprised to see you this early. You did not even told you'll be here today. You always call me when you were coming."

 

"We wanted to surprise you." Mrs. Kim said, putting more food on her plate.

 

Taeyeon looked at her father asking him what was going on but her father just shrugged as if telling her that he was just dragged by her mother. She looked at her suspiciously. "Okay mom, tell me why are you really here. I saw you asked something to Mr. Lee earlier and do not tell me you wanted to surprise me this early, you were not a morning person."

 

Mrs. Kim puts down her fork then stared at Taeyeon while shaking her head.

 

"How can doubt me like that Taetae? We came here because we miss you. Am I not important to you anymore? Don't you want to see me?

 

Mr. Kim looked amused hearing what her wife had said. He saw her daughter rolling her eyes.

 

"Mom, stop the drama. We just had dinner together the other day. I will count upto three, if your not gonna tell me the reason why you are here. I'll ask Mr. Lee. You know he will not lie to me."

 

Mrs. Kim did not budge. She was just looking at Taeyeon innocently.

 

Taeyeon started counting.

 

"One."Still her mother kept shut.

 

"Two."

 

"Th--" 

 

"She learned that the son of her friend is getting married and your mother was jealous that her friend get to organized his wedding. She wanted you to g--" he suddenly stopped talking when his wife threw him a glare. Mr. Kim looked at his wife and daughter. Both of them were stubborn and if he didn't interfered this talk will never end. He just wanted to have a nice breakfast then go back to sleep because his wife woke him too early.

 

"You're asking me to get married!!" Taeyeon exclaimed. 

 

"Of course not." Her mother said while shaking her head. "Its just that you never introduced any of your past girlfriends to us and we will just learned about it from someone else that you are dating. We were just worried. and besides your not getting any younger."

 

"Then you should nag Oppa not me. He is older than me!"

 

"Jiwoong is seeing someone already. He introduced her to us last week and your on a business trip that's why you didnt met her." Mr. Kim said while drinking his coffee.

 

Taeyeon did not know what else to say to her parents. It was true that they never meet any of her previous girlfriends. She did not bother introducing them to her family because the relationships she had were not serious and besides she had been busy with work. She was still thinking what to tell then when she heard her mother asked her. 

 

"Huh?"

 

"Taetae are you listening? I said I know a lot of my friends daughter that are interested in you."

 

"What?"Taeyeon looked at her mother in disbelief. She could not believed what she said. She looked at her father for help but he just avoided her eyes.

 

Taeyeon already lost her appetite even before she started eating because her mother continued enumerating names of girls that wanted to date her and its getting annoying. 

 

"Mom stop. I can date whoever I want because I am Kim Taeyeon. No one would reject me but right now I'm busy with work. Oh look at the time I should get going. I have an early meeting and I'm running late." Taeyeon stand up, kiss her parents goodbye without letting them talked then rushed to the door not stopping and looking back at her parents who were calling her.

 

Mrs. Kim looked at her daughter who was almost running just to get outside of the house. She saw her daughter's plate untouched. She sighed "She did not even get to have one bite." 

 

"How could she when your like a sales person enumerating her products I mean girls interested in her." Mr. Kim told his wife while eating his breakfast. 

 

"Dear, just shut up and eat!" Mrs. Kim glared at him. Her husband just shrugged and continued eating.