Chapter 11

Miss Hwang

 

 

Chapter 11

 

 

It was just eight in the morning, but Lee Chaeyeon was already busy walking around the hospital visiting and checking up on her patients. After finishing her rounds, the young doctor went straight to her office and buried herself on the paperworks that needed to be reviewed and signed.

 

Work was hectic as she just got back yesterday from a weeklong overseas trip. Things that she must do had piled up which included a scheduled operation the day after tomorrow. She was busy reading a patient’s file when a knock on the door disturbed her.

 

“Come in.” She said not bothering to look who was it, eyes still glued on the paper she was reading.

 

“Good morning.”

 

Recognizing the voice, she looked up and saw Taeyeon with a big smile on her lips.

 

“Unnie! I didn’t expect to see you this early.”

 

Chaeyeon hug Taeyeon and guided her to sit on the couch. She went back to her table to set aside the files she was reading and went to sit beside the blonde. It’s been a while since they last saw each other as they were both busy with work.

 

“I thought you would come here after lunch. Anyway, Sunny-unnie had told me last night that you wanted to see me. You could have texted me. How are you Taeyeon-unnie?”

 

“Why didn’t I think of that? Anyway, I’m okay Chaeyeonnie. As you can see, I’m still gorgeous as ever.”

 

They looked at each other then burst out laughing. Their unique laughter disturbed the silence of the room that Chaeyeon’s secretary who was just outside opened the door to check what the noise was about. Upon seeing that it was just the doctor and her visitor laughing like crazy, she quietly closed the door and went back to her table.

 

Taeyeon had known Chaeyeon for as long as she had known Sunny. The two were cousins and oftentimes Sunny would bring Chaeyeon to hang out with her and their friends. They got closer although their personalities were opposite. Sunny and Chaeyeon were both outgoing and friendly while she was aloof and reserve but only to people who are not close to her. To her friends and family, Taeyeon was playful and caring.

 

Chaeyeon shook her head as their laughter died down. “Seriously Unnie why did you want to see me? It so not you to visit me while I’m on duty.”

 

“You are a cardiologist, right?” Chaeyeon nodded at Taeyeon confusedly.

 

“Well, you see I have been feeling something different these days and I thought it’s not normal anymore, so I wanted to consult you about it.”

 

“Okay Unnie, but why me?” Chaeyeon was curious because as far as she knows, the Kims have their family doctor who oversees the health of each member.

 

“Just because I know you’re an excellent doctor.” Taeyeon said while giving Chaeyeon her best smile hoping that the young doctor would not question her anymore.

 

Chaeyeon laughed at her not believing what she had said. “Seriously Unnie! Just tell me the truth.”

 

Taeyeon sighed, “Fine. I didn’t want my mother to know about this. You know her, she would freak out if she found out that I visited our family doctor for some tests because she knew that I was already done with my executive checkup a few months back. And since we’re close, I know that Umma would not ask about me going to the hospital to visit you.”

 

“Hmm…But how sure are you that I will not tell Auntie Kim about this?” Chaeyeon smirked at her.

 

"Yah! Lee Chaeyeon! Are you threatening me?" Taeyeon glared at her dongsaeng.

 

"Maybe?" Chaeyeon said teasingly.

 

Taeyeon continue to glare at Chaeyeon but after a few seconds her glare turned into smirk.

 

Oh that doesn't looked good, Chaeyeon frowned as she looked at her now smirking Unnie.

 

"Is that so? You know blackmailing me like that won't do you any good."

 

"Ah...hmm..."

 

"Do you want me to tell Sunny that you like one of the idols her company is managing?"

 

Taeyeon saw how surprised Chaeyeon was at what she has said. 

 

Hahaha...gotcha. So I was right. She was only bluffing her. It just so happens that she remembered Chaeyeon was always looking at a particular poster whenever they were at Sunny's office. Also, that one time she borrowed her phone and she saw her looking at that idol sns account.

 

She knew that Chaeyeon did not want Sunny know about it as her cousin would nonstop and would tell everyone in their family about it. Especially now that Chaeyeon's parents are nagging her to get a life beside her work.

 

"Unnie I don't know what you're saying." 

 

"Really?" Taeyeon saw how fidgety Chaeyeon is.

 

"Ahmm...yes."

 

"Okay." Taeyeon took out her phone and dialed Sunny's number. She put it on speaker in order for Chaeyeon to hear it.

 

Ring....ring....ring....

 

"Unnie what are you doing?"

 

"I'm calling your cousin. I'm gonna tell her that you like Sa---"

 

"Unnie! Stop I was just teasing you earlier. I'm not gonna tell Auntie about this." Chaeyeon said quickly.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hi Sunny!"

 

"Hey Taeyeon! What is it?"

 

Taeyeon looked at Chaeyeon who was signaling her not to tell her cousin.

 

"Oh...I would like to tell you that Chaeyeon i---"

 

"Hi Sunny-unnie!" Chaeyeon shouted cutting what she was saying.

 

"Chaeyeonie! Your with Taeyeon?"

 

"Yes Unnie, we just wanted to say hi."

 

"Oh? Okay. Anything else? Wait my meeting is about to start. I have to go. Bye Chaeyeonie, Taeyeonie."

 

"Bye Unnie!"

 

Chaeyeon pouted, "Taeyeon-unnie you know I was just kidding. You should have not called Sunny-unnie." 

 

Taeyeon laughed at the sulking doctor. "Then you should have not messed with Kim Taeyeon."

 

"Hmmp... Anyways, Unnie what is it that you need me to do?"

 

Taeyeon cleared then said, "I think there is something wrong with me. I feel different these past few days."

 

"Okay. How different? Are you having headaches? Do you feel dizzy sometimes?" Chaeyeon asked her seriously.

 

"No."

 

"Then what do you feel that made you think that there is something wrong with you?"

 

"Well these days, I'm kinda feeling breathless and my heart beats faster than usual. It's like I run a mile when in fact I was just sitting or standing. It was as if I am always nervous. There's also that thumping feeling in my chest."

 

"Hmm...how long has it been happening?"

 

Taeyeon thought for a second before answering. "I think less than a month."

 

Chaeyeon looked at her and said, "Your showing signs of heart arrythmia but I think it's too early to tell. We'll have to do an ECG first."

 

Chaeyeon looked at her watch and saw that it was past nine o'clock in the morning. "Can we do it now Unnie or your going back your office since it's 9 a.m. already?"

 

"Hmm...we can do it now I'll just inform my secretary." Taeyeon got her phone and called Tiffany.

 

Chaeyeon nodded and called her secretary outside to make the necessary preparations.