Chapter 5

Miss Hwang

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

Taeyeon entered her company with confident steps. She strode straight to the elevator that will take her to the 9th floor to where her office was located. 

 

Every employee she had passed by was wearing a surprised expression on their faces upon seeing her nevertheless they bowed and greeted her. Others who happen to see Taeyeon from afar steered clear off her way but also have the same surprised look once they take in the appearance of their boss.

 

Why are they looking at me like that? Taeyeon wondered. Is it that surprising to see me looking so good in the morning? Oh well. What can I do if I'm this beautiful. She shrugged and continued her way to her office.

 

Tiffany just got back from the pantry after setting down her boss's breakfast. It was the one she bought from Yuri's cafe. She was about to go to her table when the elevator door opened. Her boss emerged from the open door and she was surprised to see the disheveled look of Taeyeon.

 

What happened to her? She looked like she's in a hurry and forgot to combed her hair. Tiffany looked at the office glass wall to checked the weather. Was it too windy outside? I don't think so, I bet she hadnt seen herself yet. Tiffany thought as she eyed her boss. Her blonde hair was a bit messy and the collar of her blue button down shirt had been wrinkled. It was unusual for Taeyeon to go out of her house looking like that. The blonde was very meticulous of her appearance, always so neat and presentable.

 

"Good morning Chairman Kim."

 

Taeyeon nodded at her secretary for six years. She was about to open her office door when Tiffany called her.

 

"Yes, Miss Hwang?" Taeyeon faced the brunette and waited for her to say something. She got confused when Tiffany stepped towards her then stop when she was within arms length.

 

Taeyeon stood frozen as the woman in front her raised her hand and combed her hair using her fingers. She was caught off guard by Tiffany's action, it was not the first time that her secretary fixed her hair but it was the first time that Tiffany done it without her asking.

 

Tiffany acted on instinct when she fixed her boss' hair. Once she was done with it, she then smoothen the collar of Taeyeon's shirt. She was so immersed at what she was doing that she didn't notice that Taeyeon was not moving and was just staring intently at her.

 

"Miss Hwang," Taeyeon called the brunette but it seems like she didn't hear her. Being so close to Tiffany made her somewhat uncomfortable and made her feel like she was running out of breath. Taeyeon couldn't even understand why she was feeling that way.

 

Taeyeon tried again to gain the attention of her secretary by clearing but her attempt was still futile as Tiffany was so focus trying to flatten the wrinkled collar.

 

Yay! I did a good job straightening this collar it might not be as flat as it was ironed at least the wrinkle was not noticeable as before. Tiffany smile at her work and patted it one more time. She was not even aware that her boss was having difficulty in breathing.

 

"Ahem..ahem.." Taeyeon coughed startling Tiffany who backed away from her immediately. She inhale then exhale until her breathing comes back to normal. Gaining her composure she looked at her secretary who was already holding a glass of water and giving it to her.

 

When did she get this? Taeyeon thought upon accepting the glass. She drunk it and thanked Tiffany.

 

"Are you okay Chairman Kim?"

 

"Yes, thanks. By the way Miss Hwang, was my hair that messy for you to immediately fixed it?"

 

"No Chairman but you would always asked me to fix your hair everytime it's in a mess so I took the initiative to do it." Tiffany suddenly blurted.

 

Taeyeon thought for a moment. "Okay." She said while nodding acknowledging that the brunette was right. She passed Tiffany and proceeded to her office to start working.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany was left standing holding the empty glass wondering what came over her to do such bold move. She shrugged when she couldn't think of a reason for her actions. Tiffany went to the pantry and placed the glass that's when she saw the paper bag containing Taeyeon's breakfast. 

 

                                        ********