Chapter 7

Miss Hwang

Chapter 7

 

 

Clank...

 

The sound of something that had fallen stopped Tiffany from what she was doing. Looking around she noticed that she was the only one left in their office floor.

 

Not really, Chairman is still here though. I wonder why she had not left her office since we came back from the site. Tiffany thought as she looked at her boss' closed office door.

 

Glancing at her watch, Tiffany was surprised to see that it was already eight in the evening. Earlier she remembered her officemates asking her if she would like to go home with them, she politely declined as she was still busy finishing some reports needed for tomorrow so she just bid them goodbye. She was so absorbed at what she was doing that she didn't notice the time.

 

Feeling the stiffness of her body, Tiffany stands up and stretched out her limbs. While stretching, she saw something on the floor. As she bends down to picked it up, Tiffany realized that it was her favorite pink pen. The one she was using to take down notes whenever she attends a meeting. It must have fallen when I was reaching for some papers without looking.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by the growling of her stomach. Why am I always hungry?  Tiffany asked herself as she recalled her embarrasing encounter with her boss which also involves her growling stomach.

 

It's 8 p.m. right now, I last eaten at lunch which was just a sandwich, that explains why I am so hungry right now. Or maybe I should stop eating out with Sooyoung. Her huge appetite was infectious and I think mine was beginning to be like her. Hahaha....

 

Tiffany chuckled at her thoughts and suddenly miss her tall friend. They have not seen each other for a while now, not only Sooyoung but also her other friends, well except for Yuri. They constantly saw each other since Yuri owned the cafe that was close to her office and where she usually bought her boss' coffee.

 

I should head home now, it's getting late. After the brunette quickly fixed her things, she got her bag and turned off her computer. She checked her desk one more time to make sure that she had not left anything behind.

 

I feel like eating Chinese food. Tiffany then turned to the direction towards the elavator while thinking what to order but stopped when the light coming from her boss' office caught her eyes. Oh, I forgot Chairman was still here. I should tell her I'm leaving.

 

She knocked on the door three times announcing her arrival before turning the knob. She peeked inside only to see that the blonde wast fast asleep. 

 

Taeyeon was sleeping peacefully on her swivel chair while holding a pen. The chair was reclined which makes it comfortable to sleep. 

 

Tiffany approached Taeyeon to wake her up but then she hesitated when she saw her up close. Her breathing was steady, with slightly opened and her button nose which occasionally crinkled made her seemed like a little kid who was in a middle of a dream. She looks like a sleeping baby. Tiffany thought as she unconciously smiled while watching her boss.

 

Taeyeon was good looking, almost perfect even, everybody knows that but seeing her looking like this makes Tiffany realize that her boss was still young and can looked so adorable without even trying. In her six years working for Taeyeon, she was so used to see the mature, serious and tough looking Kim Taeyeon that it surprised her that Taeyeon and adorable can be used in one sentence.

 

Tiffany continued watching Taeyeon while contemplating if she should wake her but was startled by sound of her phone. She immediately searched her bag to stop it from ringing worried that it might wake the sleeping blond. When she found it, Tiffany smiled when she saw the caller. It was Sooyoung. I guess she missed me too.

 

"Hello." Tiffany answered whispering. Her smile never left her lips while talking with her friend.

 

"Hi Fany! By the way why are you whispering?" Sooyoung asked clearly confused by her behavior.

 

Afraid to wake up her boss, Tiffany did not answer Sooyoung's question although she was happy to received the call she had to cut it short.

 

"Hey I am in the middle of something."

 

"What som-"

 

"I'll call you later ok?"

 

"Yah Fany!"

 

"Sorry. Bye." Tiffany did not even let Sooyoung talked as she ended the call. She texted her an apology promising she will call her back later. 

 

After putting her phone back in her bag, she turned to face Taeyeon. Tiffany was staring at Taeyeon while thinking if should leave her or find ways to wake her up.

 

********

 

Taeyeon was awaken the moment Tiffany knocked on her door but she was just too lazy to answer and too tired to open her eyes. She thought that whoever was knocking, who she highly guess was her secretary will eventually go away so she kept her eyes close and was about fall asleep again when she heard light steps approaching her. The footsteps stopped near her.

 

Taeyeon waited for Tiffany to call her before opening her eyes. A few more minutes passed by but she heard nothing. She could already feel her presence beside her but the silence was making her sleepy.

 

A ringing phone halted Taeyeon from totally drifting off to sleep again. Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes and stared at nothing, she could hear Tiffany fiddling with the zipper of her bag and answering the call.

 

Taeyeon looked to her right while waiting for her vision to clear. After a few seconds, she was stunned to see the smiling Tiffany while talking or rather whispering with someone on her phone. It was not the usual smile she saw with her secretary.

 

The brunette was smiling happily that the shape of her eyes turned into crescent moons. Mesmerized by the eyesmile, Taeyeon continued to stare at Tiffany. When she saw that her secretary put her phone back in her bag and was about to faced her, Taeyeon did not know what she was thinking when she immediately closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep.

 

Taeyeon didn't respond nor moved when Tiffany tried waking her up by softly calling her name.

 

"Chairman Kim?"

 

Hmm.... Should i just shout that the building is on fire or should I just let her sleep? If I wake her, she I she would be surprised and I might get stabbed with that pen she was holding, Tiffany thought eyeing the pen in Taeyeon's hand. Or worse she would get angry and fire me. Tiffany decided to just poke the arm of her boss to wake her up. Hmpf... Here goes nothing.

 

"Chairman Kim?" Poke...poke...poke...

 

"Chairman Kim?" She tried poking Taeyeon harder while increasing the volume of her voice. Why is she not waking up. Maybe I should just let her sleep more. Chairman must be tired from all the meetings that she attended today. I should call Mr. Lee to send a driver for Chairman. It only takes three rings before the butler answered her call. 

 

"Hello. Mr. Lee?"

 

"Yes Miss Hwang?"

 

"Can you send a driver here in Kim Tower to pick up Chairman Kim?"

 

"Yes of course Miss Hwang. The driver will be there in fifteen minutes."

 

"Thank you Mr. Lee. Goodbye." She put her phone on her bag and looked at Taeyeon. She look like a kid. Tiffany thought as she watched her shift from her positon.

 

"Why are you so cute?" Tiffany didn't know that she actually said that out loud not aware that the blond heard her.

 

I know right? But I am more than that. Haha.... Hiding her smile, Taeyeon turned away from her secretary. Hmmm.... Should I open my eyes now to show her I'm awake or wait for her to leave? Why am I even pretending to be asleep? Taeyeon was about to open her eyes when she felt something warm being place on top of her body. She did not open her eyes and stop shifting from her position, waiting to what Tiffany will do next.

 

Tiffany noticed that her boss keeps moving from her seat. Maybe she is feeling cold. She looked around the office to find something to cover Taeyeon but she did not find any. I think this would do. She took out her blazer and put it on top of her boss and fixed it. Immediately Taeyeon stop moving. She decided to try to wake her boss one last time before she goes home.

 

"Chairman Kim?" Tiffany smiled when Taeyeon finally stirred from her sleep.

 

"Hmm?" Taeyeon hummed while slowly opening her eyes pretending that she had just woke up and saw Tiffany smiling at her. It was the same smile she saw earlier. She couldn't help but return the smile.

 

Her smile is really something. She is really beautiful when she smiles like that. It makes you want to smile along with her. Taeyeon shake her head and sit up straight when she realized that she has been staring too much at Tiffany.

 

"What are you still doing here Miss Hwang?" She swiftly turned her swivel chair to face Tiffany failing to notice that her secretary was leaning on the arm of her chair causing Tiffany lose her balance, let go of her bag and fall down.