Eight

ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“And make sure to pass your papers by tomorrow, understand?”

 

The class groaned in unison, earning them a satisfied smirk from the teacher. Tzuyu just looks out the window with no interest, arm propped up on her desk as she rested her head on her palm.

 

They were given yet another draining homework which required them to answer multiple questions about chemistry. The tall girl didn’t mind this, however, as she had read the most of the topics in advance. It was too easy for her.

 

“Class dismissed.”

 

Students piled out of the classroom after their teacher, muttering strings of complaints to each other.

 

She heaves out a sigh after she hears that the students have exited the room, still looking outside the window. The room turned quiet, and she could hear her own breathing as well as the shuffling feet of the students rushing to get to their next class from outside.

 

Minutes later, Tzuyu finally stands up and puts her stuff in her backpack, slinging one strap over her shoulder afterwards.

 

“Chou Tzuyu?”

 

The tall girl halted in her tracks as soon as she stepped outside of the classroom, greeted by a face almost everyone knew in the campus.

 

She tilts her head to one side, “Kim Jennie?”

 

The cat-eyed girl smiled at her, “I need to talk to you.”

 

Tzuyu just nods before walking towards her next class with the girl not too far behind, hands buried deep into her blazer pockets. The two beauties trudged along the hallways, earning them unwanted attention. Eyes were on her again, and Tzuyu didn’t quite like it.

 

Who wouldn’t turn their heads at the sight of Chou Tzuyu along with the captain of the softball team?

 

Jennie had that jock vibe which added points to her already chic image while Tzuyu was a beautiful face everyone seemed to be head over heels for.

 

“So,” Jennie attempts to start a conversation. “I saw how you scored that home run.”

 

Tzuyu doesn’t say a word and didn’t even spare the brunette a glance, as if that home run was just nothing.

 

“Okay, so?”

 

Somehow she knew where this was headed to. She never really exchanged words with the brunette and now that she was talking to the captain, she might have sensed what Jennie was implying.

 

“What I’m trying to say is, Tzuyu,”

 

The tall girl stops at her locker as she puts back her books and grabs the other ones she needs for her next class. Jennie leans against the lockers, Tzuyu doesn’t even bother to look at the girl.

 

Jennie looks up at the tall girl through her cat-like eyes, arms crossed over her chest and smirks, “Tryouts are next week. Having a great batter like you would be nice, and your pitching’s not bad either.”

 

Closing her locker door, Tzuyu finally turns her head to Jennie, eyes void of any sign of interest. It’s wasn’t like Tzuyu hated playing sports, especially softball, but what irritates her most of the time is the attention she’d get.

 

“I’ll think about it,” was all Tzuyu muttered before turning on her heel and walked to her next class.

 

-

 

“Please?”

 

“No.”

 

Sana pouts, “Just this once, please?”

 

“No, Sana, I am not giving you Dahyun’s number.”

 

Said girl huffs childishly and slumps in her seat. Nayeon doesn’t look up to see her friend throw a tantrum and just eats her lunch.

 

“Even if I do all your homework this week?”

 

“I’ll fail in my classes if you do.”

 

Sana just pouts both in feign hurt and rejection before leaning over to take another bite on her food. After reconciling last night, the two had chatted the night away as they caught up with each other. Nayeon didn’t really have much to say but Sana had a lot.

 

She ended up just listening to her, and Sana managed to stay the night since Nayeon didn’t want her to go home all alone. Nayeon was more than happy now that she was able to share laughter and stories with her best friend again

 

She could only furrow her eyebrows at Sana giggling as she confessed that she had a crush on her younger sister, Dahyun. Nayeon doesn’t take her eyes off her plate even as Sana props her chin up with her two hands, batting her eyelashes at the bunny-looking girl as an attempt to charm her.

 

It wasn’t that Nayeon didn’t like Sana for Dahyun, she just couldn’t stand the thought of her best friend fawning over her younger sister.

 

“Even if I treat you to lunch every day?”

 

“I have my own money.”

 

“Even if Jeongyeon asks you out?”

 

Nayeon chokes on her water and Sana laughs.

 

“Can I sit here?” A familiar voice spoke and the pair turned their heads. T

 

here stood Jeongyeon with her lunch tray, offering the two girls a small smile. Nayeon squints at Sana in a glare, seeing as how the latter was giving her a teasing look.

 

“Sure,” nodded Nayeon, looking up at the short-haired girl with pursed lips.

 

Jeongyeon gladly took a seat beside the bunny-looking girl which did not go unnoticed by Sana. The girl lets out a fake cough, earning her a glare from Nayeon.

 

“Jeongyeon-ah! We were just talking about you.”

 

Said girl turns to Nayeon as if confirming what the other said, “You were?”

 

“We weren’t,” Nayeon said firmly, glaring at Sana while the latter just gave her a big grin.

 

“Yes we were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter