One

ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Letters were sent to her locker every single day. Every chance Tzuyu gets to open her locker, letters in different colored papers would come flooding down.

 

She hated the attention, it was such a nuisance.

 

Just like she always does, she closes her locker after grabbing what she needed and left the letters on the floor; not caring about the mess she’s made.

 

Technically, it wasn’t her mess.

 

She goes through the day not minding the constant stares of affection and admiration, and the whispers of her fellow students who fawned over her.

 

If school was tiresome, then after class was worst. Students from various schools including her own would wait for her outside the school gate, as if trying to grab the opportunity of being able to walk her home.

 

If she couldn’t leave school early, then she’d leave very late.

 

So, Tzuyu spends her after class hours in the library. She couldn’t sleep, so she opted to study her lessons in advance. It was also an excuse for her not to be disturbed by both girls and boys who liked her. Tzuyu was a really smart kid, too. Studying wouldn’t be a problem.

 

She’d keep a trash bin next to her desk in the library for her to throw the letters she’d receive. Even in the library, they couldn’t let her be. Girls and boys alike would pass by her table, slipping small love notes on her desk. Tzuyu would just crumple the paper and throw it in the bin, continuing on with her studies.

 

This was her usual routine every day. It was up to the point that she barely even had time for her friends anymore, or friends even for that matter. She’d already come to think that this face of hers was such a nuisance.

 

Like any other day after everyone has left the library, Tzuyu would be the last to go. She wasn’t quite done with her advanced reading yet, so she went to the bathroom to wash up; an effort to wake up since she found herself succumbing to sleep.

 

Tzuyu steps out of the bathroom, silently thankful that no one was around to bother her anymore. Well, that’s what she thought.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

Tzuyu turned to the owner of the voice. A girl was leaning against the wall, arms crossed over her chest.

 

Tzuyu looked around to see if she was talking to anyone else.

 

“Me?” She pointed to herself.

 

“I gave you nine letters asking you to see me,” the girl replied, arms still crossed over her chest as if demanding for an explanation. Tzuyu never really read any of the letters.

 

Tzuyu looked at her from head to toe. She was really pretty, she had to admit that. Unfortunately, Tzuyu was just not interested.

 

“Sorry, you’re not my type.”

 

Tzuyu turned and was about to leave when the girl sneered at her, “You’re not my type, either!”

 

Tzuyu halted in her steps.

 

“How irrational,” she thought.

 

Tzuyu turned around to the girl, who was still leaning against the wall. If she wasn’t her type, then why is she still here? She stared at her, waiting for whatever the girl had to say that was so important that she gave her nine letters.

 

“Ever since you’ve been ignoring Sana, all she’s done is cry for the entire day. She barely even eats anymore.”

 

Tzuyu knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

 

Sana?

 

“What are you going to do about your girlfriend?”

 

Tzuyu then remembers.

 

Right, Sana. The girl she asked to become her girlfriend to stop the other students. Clearly, her plan did not work. She forgot about her.

 

“Why, am I supposed to do something?”

 

Ignoring Tzuyu’s question, the smaller of the two calmly replied, “She isn’t even sleeping nor is she coming to school anymore, and it’s because of you.”

 

Tzuyu then cuts her off showing no interest, “Am I responsible for her actions, then?”

 

“She’s practically dying!”

 

“Tell her to die, then.” Tzuyu turns around again to go back and finish up.

 

As cold as she may be, she never really wanted any of this. She clearly had enough of this nonsense.

 

“Then I’ll kill you!” The girl shouted at Tzuyu’s retreating back.

 

For the nth time, she turns around to face the smaller girl.

 

Instead of the usual pissed face the smaller girl held, her expression softened as she explained her friend’s situation.

 

“I’m just worried about her, okay? All she does is cry all day. She’s already missed a lot of her classes. Don’t you at least pity her?”

 

Tzuyu just blinks her eyes. She stared at the girl in front of her. She definitely couldn’t deny that she was pretty. She found her bunny teeth quite charming as she spoke.

 

“At least talk to her then you can break up with her later, for her sake.”

 

“Is she bribing you to do this?” Tzuyu cuts her off again as she was about to continue talking.

 

“Hey!”

 

Tzuyu who’s had enough of her blabbering, took steps towards the buny-teethed girl. This took her off guard, as she took steps backwards but met a wall which stopped her.

 

Tzuyu had her face really close to the bunny-teethed girl. The latter got flustered with the action and she swore she was about to punch her in the face.

 

 Not until Tzuyu put her forehead against the girl’s.

 

“What are you doing?” The girl glared at Tzuyu, but at the same time was very flustered by the action.

 

Tzuyu smirked at her own boldness, “I think you’re sick. You should go home, or do you wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter