Three

ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The clangor of the metallic utensils and the loud chattering exchanged between people in the restaurant were of no match against Tzuyu's maniacal laughter. Dahyun and Chaeyoung only stared at her as if she grew two heads.

 

"Unnie, I think she's really lost it."

 

"No doubt, Chaeng. I think we should just call the mental hospital already."

 

The two just shook their head at their best friend, whose tteokbokki was already left unattended and her laughter echoed throughout the small restaurant.

 

"Y-you.. You should've seen her face," Tzuyu tries to catch her breath in between her cackling. "She should've known not to mess with me. Ahh, that idiotic girl."

 

Her two friends in front of her just let out a disapproving sigh. No words can penetrate through that thick skull of hers. Not a single lecture about having even a small bit of sanity left in her will actually stick in Tzuyu's head. Dahyun and Chaeyoung could only bow their head apologetically at those who would glare at their table. If given the chance, they would've dragged the girl away from the restaurant already. Well, Tzuyu was paying so they couldn't do anything about it.

 

"She's hopeless."

 

"And has a screw loose too," a familiar voice interjected.

 

With Tzuyu still laughing and is paying no attention to anyone, the two turned their heads towards the owner of the voice.

 

"Jeongyeon unnie!"

 

 Jeongyeon took the empty seat beside Tzuyu and stared at the poor girl who was still trapped in her own bubble.

 

"How long has she been like this?"

 

"Ever since we got here," Chaeyoung shrugged.

 

 "And how long has it been since?"

 

"Two hours," Dahyun replied nonchalantly as she ate her spicy braised tofu.

 

Jeongyeon just nodded in reply, not surprised by the amount of time Tzuyu has spent by just laughing. It was one of her many episodes of undying laughter anyway.

 

"It's a new record though," Chaeyoung slurped on her ramen. The other two agreed. Tzuyu's last record was roughly an hour and a half.

 

"Yep, a new record and another loose screw." Jeongyeon sighed, knowing she can't do anything about the girl and grabbed Tzuyu's tteokbokki, seeing as she doesn't plan on finishing it. Just as Jeongyeon was about to dig in, Tzuyu had noticed the bowl was snatched away from her hands.

 

"Hey!" Tzuyu chided and grabbed the bowl back, still stiffling a laughter, "Go get your own, this one's mine."

 

As she finished, she laughed yet again which showed her deep dimples.

 

Jeongyeon smacked Tzuyu behind her head, earning a groan from the latter.

 

"Idiot, why'd you have to make such a scene earlier?"

 

 Tzuyu shrugged and countered, "Why did she tell lies? She got what she deserved."

 

 "And you had to do it that way?" Jeongyeon berated.

 

"It was the best way!" Tzuyu laughed again, "I had to cut it off with Sana anyway. It ain't working with her."

 

Chaeyoung scoffed, "You and your way of thinking. I am amazed."

 

"I know, right?" Tzuyu grinned, "I mean, who do I take after anyway? Were my ancestors like this?"

 

"You took after none of your ancestors because you're the devil incarnate," Dahyun hissed and rolled her eyes. She may love her best friend, but she's too much at times.

 

-

 

The next day, Nayeon had received stares from the other students. Some stared at her in awe for captivating THE Chou Tzuyu, while some stared at her in jealousy. Have I forgotten to mention that some gave her the death glare?

 

Well, she received a lot of those stares. Everywhere she goes, not a single person would pass by without taking a glance at Im Nayeon. Whispers and talks among the crowd only had one person as the talk in general, and that was her.

 

As she walked through the school hallways, she ignored those stares. Minding those would only add up to how bad she felt, and she didn't need more of that. So, she goes through half of the day minding her own business. She decided to shrug off the aftermath of the scene Tzuyu had caused and let it die down after a few days. If they aren't seen together, then people would get the idea that they aren't really together or maybe in other words, 'broke up.'

 

Nayeon couldn't really ignore those who'd randomly come up to her and ask about her and Tzuyu's love story, especially the freshmen who adored the tall girl very much. With her feisty attitude and temper, Nayeon only got pissed as more came to talk to her. She couldn't just tell them to get lost, so she decided to just smile all of it off.

 

All of the smiles were fake anyway.

 

But despite that, Nayeon felt extremely guilty. Sana wasn't in school again, and she knew all too well who the reason was; and it wasn't Chou Tzuyu this time.

 

Speaking of the devil,

 

"Hello girlfriend."

 

Tzuyu was leaning against Nayeon's locker as the latter grabbed the books she needed for next period. Nayeon glared at the taller girl, she didn't need another headache today.

 

"Go away, satan." Nayeon slammed her locker door shut and walked away from Tzuyu.

 

Unfortunately, Tzuyu was blessed with longer legs and caught up in no time.

 

"That's not how you should treat your girlfriend, you know."

 

Tzuyu smirked as she walked beside Nayeon, the latter trying to pick up the pace but the former would catch up right away. People were starting to notice the pair together, earning them attention Nayeon did not need.

 

"Last time I checked, I absolutely do NOT have a girlfriend," Nayeon glared at Tzuyu who was just smirking down on her.

 

"Last time I checked, I told everyone I'm dating you," Tzuyu retorted, effortlessly catching up.

 

"Yeah well last time I checked, you were dating Sana!"

 

Tzuyu draped an arm over the fuming girl's shoulder, and had her face inches away from hers.

 

 "Last time I checked, I dumped her in front of everyone because I told them I was dating you."

 

Nayeon was flustered at the distance between their faces. She couldn't deny the fact that butterflies were swarming in her stomach.

 

Who was she kidding, this was her crush! Her crush who had her face literally centimeters away from hers and was breathing hotly on her face. One little push could connect their lips and although that didn’t seem like a bad idea to her before, it most definitely did now.

 

This was wrong; Tzuyu's supposed to be with Sana, not her.

 

Tzuyu didn't seem to mind what she herself was doing either. In fact, she was very much amused at the bunny's reaction. She moved a bit closer to try and and close the gap, to tease Nayeon.

 

Honestly, she cared less about the fact that Sana was her best friend; she enjoyed the torment she was doing. She enjoyed pissing off the smaller girl.

 

Mostly, she enjoyed the attention they were luring in. It was a part of her new plan after all, to make things believable as possible. Snapping out from her reverie, Nayeon pushed the taller girl off of her and Tzuyu stumbled but quickly regained composure; still smirking.

 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Nayeon hissed, an attempt to sound threatening but the light blush on her cheeks gave it away.

 

 Tzuyu noticed it and just shrugged, "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking you to your class. That's what a girlfriend does, right?"

 

Nayeon couldn't believe how those words easily came out of ; it added more fuel to her temper. If not only for the presence of the faculty and students around her, she would've roundhouse-kicked Tzuyu back to the pits of hell.

 

She was fuming. She already felt terrible with Sana ignoring her for what just happened, but Tzuyu acting upon her reckless action?

 

She wanted nothing more than to wipe that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter