Liqourice

Can You Be My Candy?

"Daniel, I would like to ask for a favor. It's really important that you would agree to my favor without asking a lot of question."

Daniel sweats away while he sat in his boss's office. Even more when he was called in all of a sudden, just when he came in to his office. What had he done to suddenly being called in early in the morning. All his colleagues are looking at him out of pitiness and some gossiping of maybe he'll be kicked out or promoted or perhaps he got himself into trouble since his boyfriend visited so often recently.

He wouldn't blame Seongwoo though. He tremendously love the man and is more than happy to see him coming by to share lunch with him. Seongwoo would cooked one for himself and for Daniel.

Spoon feeding Daniel in front of everyone while Daniel try to push or stop him from babying him. But he would ended up letting the older to feed him. Seongwoo too had became friends with some of Daniel's own friends. Even to the extend of promoting his candy shop.

Now, back to the present.

*

"You see, my wife had is a busy woman. She is required to leave the country for a short time, for a conference and I, would like ask for your favor in...looking after my daughter for me. For a week. Since, you know I am going to follow her and helped her with the conference. We couldn't get any babysitter to come in during our absent on that whole week, so I narrowed down to one person whom I would say and trusted my life on."

Daniel is starting to fidget in his seat. Babysitting?

"My daughter is 4 years old. She is well behave and very much polite and friendly towards people. Um, more to people she knows. But that doesn't mean that she won't listen to you telling her to go sleep or go take a bath or do her homework. Just that, you need to earn her trust."

"Pardon me for asking, sir. But why me? I mean, yes you just said you trusted me but..." he just have to ask.

Sungwoon chuckles, interlacing his fingers together and lean forward on his desk, "You are Seongwoo's lover. I actually had asked him personally if he would help me babysitting Mina. He easily said yes and said he would rather bring Mina to your shared home for the whole week while we both we out of the country."

Daniel blinks. Seongwoo agreed?

"You see, Seongwoo and I are a very good pal. He is my hoobae but I think of him more of my younger brother. I was truly happy for him when he finally found himself a nice boyfriend and probably will soon settle himself with you, judging by how lovely you two are." Sungwoon wiggled his eyebrow. 

The younger blushes. His boss know of Seongwoo frequently coming by to have lunch with him. Who wouldn't know if they had lunch at their lounge room with other staff around.

"Anyway, I wanted you both to help in looking after her. So please, will you help in babysit my daughter Mina?"

Daniel wanted to actually have a little time to think about it. But he couldn't reject his boss can he? He already asked Seongwoo and the older said yes to babysitting. And who is he to say no. They are technically living together so Daniel had no reason to say no to his boss anyway.

He sigh and looked at his boss. "Yes. I'll babysit her."

Sungwoon beams and standing up straight, making his way around and grabbed Daniel's hand in his own. Thanking him a million for this.

"You will get a great benefit in this, Daniel. I'm not talking about promotion or anything. Not just yet but you will get something out of me."

He wish it would be a promotion though but oh well. Whatever the offer his boss gonna give to him, he'll take it.

*

It's the week of Mina, his boss's daughter to come by and stay with them. They have to look after her while her parents went away for a conference.

They dropped her by before going to the airport. One big luggage which he guessed are her clothes and another backpack hanging on her back. She has light brown hair and big eyes just like her father. Her hair tied into a single ponytail, clutching tighter on her backpack as she stand next to her mother. Shyly looking at the two men in front of her.

"Mina, they will be looking after you for the whole week while we're away, so be a good girl and listens to them okay, honey?" her mother said, crouching down to give her a kiss on both her cheeks.

"Okay.." Mina replied, kissing her mother back and then proceeding to give her a hug. She then move to her father. Sungwoon smiles and scooped her up, twirling her in his arm before he put her down.

"Behave when you're in someone's else house, okay? I know you'll be a good girl in the hands of your Uncle Seongwoo and Uncle Daniel." Sungwoon said, smiling at the two men standing by the doorway.

Mina turns around. She know Seongwoo. She had played with him several times when she was younger. She remembers him. So she will surely be able enjoy her time. Not to mention, Seongwoo has a candy shop. He had taken her there once when she was 2 years old. Only allowed to have a small portion of them as ordered by her father. 

She had picked liquorice as her first candy. And ever since then, she love it so much. Seongwoo made the best liquorice in the world. Every flavour kicks in so well with that chewy candy.

Sungwoon guide her to Seongwoo. Passing her to him and telling Seongwoo to look after her baby well. Seongwoo told him to not to worry. It will be all well.

They both say their goodbye before Sungwoon drove his wife and himself off to the airport.

*

Once they entered the house, Seongwoo took the bag from Mina and let Daniel to take care of her for now. Akward. Mina stares at him and Daniel stares back. What should he do with a 4 year old. Should he take her for a tour around the house? Wait, what for. She doesn't need to know that.

"Uh, so Mina. What would you like to do?" he firstly asked, hand rubbing the back of his neck.

Mina looks like she is contemplating about what Daniel just ask her. Perhaps she herself not sure what to do.

"Maybe...take a bath?" she answered back. Shyly.

"Oh, then let me just put on a bath for you then. Do you prefer to use a soap or the bath bomb?" Daniel asked as he slowly make his way down the hall to the extra bathroom they had in their house. Mina follow suit. Eyes brighten slightly at the word bath bomb. She had never tried those before. Have always wanted to try one but in their house, they didn't have any of those. Her parents rather use a normal soap than drop a bath bomb in their bathtub.

"Bath bomb?"

Daniel stops and turn to look at her. Somehow the looks on her face tells him that she wants to try the bath bomb instead of the normal soap. He smiles.

"Bath bomb it is then. Come, you can choose what sort of smell you want."

"I can choose?"

"Yes." Daniel chuckles, opening the door to the bathroom once they reached the room. Truthfully, he and Seongwoo enjoy using a bath bomb. Having lots of stock on different kind of bath bomb that they kept in both the bathroom.

Daniel open up a box that contained the bath bomb. There are variety colours and smell. 

"Help yourself out. We have fruit base, flower base, and plain old normal soapy base." Daniel explains, he starts the bath. Clogging the drain to get the tub full while he waits for Mina to pick her bath bomb.

She can't choose. There is too many and a lot of them smells so nice. She turns and silently asking for Daniel to help.

"Do you prefer flower or fruity? Or perhaps soapy."

"Fruity."

"What is your favourite fruit then?"

"Umm, Mango?"

Daniel smiles, ruffling her hair ever so softly. He quickly pick up a yellowish orange bath bomb that smells awfully like the mango fruit itself. Giving it to her.

Mina's eyes starts to sparkle up when she smells the mango. Oh she really wanted to take a bite out of it. It smells so delicious.

"Now, slowly drop the bath bomb in and watch how it slowly sizzled and turned the water into it's yellowish colour." 

The younger guide her to the half full bathtub and told her to drop it. She dropped it and watches with excitement at the way it starts to disperse slowly. The water is slowly changing into yellow.

"Mango!" she excitedly exclaimed. The whole bathroom now smells of mango.

"Yes. Now enjoy your bath. Take your time but later meet us at the kitchen. Just go right and down the hall okay."

"Okay! Thank you, Daniel oppa."

"You're welcome."

Well how about that. It seems it's a good start between him and Mina.

*

Mina has been such a good girl. She listens to them both so well without complaining. When Daniel had to go to the office, Mina would stick around Seongwoo. The older would took her to his candy shop and let her help around the shop. She greets Woojin, Jihoon and Guanlin.

"Would you like to learn how to make your favourite candy, Mina?"

Seongwoo asked her one day when she follows Seongwoo to his shop. Her eyes became even more sparkly when Seongwoo just asked her that. She knows which is her favourite candy and Seongwoo knows it too.

The older chuckles and told her to grab an apron from Guanlin. The taller boy pass the kid sized apron and a small cap, for her hair. And then she thanked him and made her way back to where Seongwoo is waiting.

"Liquorice. That's what you chose right, as your first candy when I brought you here two years ago."

"Yes!"

"Haha, alright. Now I'm gonna teach you how to make them. First, what sort of flavour would you want to add in it?"

"Hmm, Leechee!!"

"It's Lychee, Mina. Not Leechee. Although, that sounded very cute. Leechee leechee."

They laughs. Seongwoo proceeded with grabbing a bottle of Lychee flavoured extract. He grabbed everything he needed for liquorice. Sugar, gelatin, salt, molasses, white food coloring and others. He put a stool down for Mina to step on since the table was higher than her.

"Rolled up your sleeves. Before that, we have to wash our hand. Remove any kind of jewelry on your hand. Tie up your hair. If not, then you can you the cap to cover your hair."

She do as Seongwoo told her to. And came back, ready for liqourice making lesson.

Seongwoo told the boys to look after the shop while he teach Mina how to make liqourice. Openly letting his customer to watch them make the candy. He patiently take his time in making it. Repeating every steps when Mina somehow forgetten about it. Any liqourice that didn't turn out well was put out for the customer to have a taste. It wasn't bad. It's pretty decent and they love it. Still, they'll wait for the real liqourice.

An hour later, Daniel came by and found his boyfriend and Mina together. 

"Mina's Lychee Liquorice is ready!" Seongwoo exlaimed happily once they managed to make it. It was well formed. A good amount of lychee is added in the candy and looks like the customer loves it.

He had other flavour, but never a Lychee. So this is the first. The taste was delicious. Not too sweet. Just nice.

"Is this for sale?" a customer asked.

"Not for today, miss. But I will make some tomorrow. Today, this is all for this small lady over here." Seongwoo said, looking down at a smiling Mina.

Mina is extremely delighted to have her own liqourice. Made by herself. Before she follows them home, she shared it with the three boys. They all thanked her and told her to have a great day.

*

Throughout the week, she made candy with Seongwoo. Sometimes another set of liqourice. Others were jelly beans, or gummy bear. She made special one for Daniel since Seongwoo had told her that Daniel love gummies. 

She even made one for Seongwoo. The older simple like toffee. She had once asked for Jihoon's help in making Caramel Coconut Toffee with her. And Jihoon can already tell that she is making it for Seongwoo. The older was really happy when Mina passes the toffee to him.

And before the week end, she even asked Seongwoo to help her make her parents favorite candy. A lolipop for her mother and a bubble gum balls for her father, Sungwoon.

Daniel joins in during the Saturday. They helped her make them. All sort of colour and flavours. It was great. Candy making that is.

*

When the day her parents came to pick her up after their outstation, she pouts. Sad to leave her now favourite oppas. She had a great time with them. They were so kind and fun to be with. Hoping that one day she could spend some more time with them. She'll probably will ask her father about it.

"Mina."

Mina ran to her mother's open arm. Hugging her so tightly. Misses them so badly when they were away. Even so, Seongwoo and Daniel had help her in forgetting about her parents, just for a week. 

"Mama, here a lolipop for you. I made it myself. And for papa, bubble gum ball."

They both exchange look. Taking the packet out of her hand and then looking at Seongwoo who just grins at them. Shrugging his shoulder as if he was saying, 'it was her idea. I'm just a helper.'

"Oh, baby. This looks so nice. Thank you. I will enjoy it." Her mother kisses her head.

"Thanks, sweetie. You know papa so well." He kisses her cheek.

Mina waves goodbye while her mother carries her to their car. While Sungwoon approaches the pair.

"Please tell me, you didn't just feed her candy throughout the entire week, Seongwoo."

"Oh hyung. No. Of course not. We just have fun making candies. She had her daily portion of it but not many. I promise you that. But she did one day made her own liqourice. Don't blame her okay. I was the one that suggested it. She didn't ate the whole thing in a day. Some are still left inside her backpack. You know, the liqourice she made had become one of my customers favourite now."

Sungwoon raises his eyebrow. "It did? What sort of flavour?"

Seongwoo grins, "Lychee."

"Well that's a rare taste. I might try them later."

"Please do. It's delicious. Not too sweet though. It's just nice for me."

"It's true. Even I love it." Daniel said. Thinking about the goodie treats of the Lychee liqourice.

Sungwoon smiles. "Well, thank you. I really appreciate your help guys. It seems Mina had fun staying with you both."

"She does and we enjoy having her as well."

Sungwoon then move away and says his goodbye. Reminding Daniel to come to work this Monday. Like a boss he is to his employee. Daniel was about to say yes when Seongwoo interrupt him.

"Give him a day off, hyung. At least a reward in looking after your daughter." Seongwoo stick his tongue out to Sungwoon.

"Yah, are you using my daughter as to asking for me to release your boyfriend for a day just because he helps babysitting Mina?"

"Yes. He deserved it though. And you know it." He felt Daniel tugging his shirt. Whining and asking him to stop.

Sungwoon sighs and just simply laughs at the two. These two lovebirds will be the death of him. How dare they use his daughter in asking a day off. He sigh.

"Alright. I'll give you three days off, Daniel. It's because I love Mina and Seongwoo so much and also I am thankful for you in helping looking after her. So, be grateful you brats." Sungwoon said and went off. He heard Daniel half shouting a 'THANK YOU' follow by a giggles.

He slightly turn his head and see the two kissing each other and engulfing into a hug.

"I can't believe these kids."

*

That night, Daniel cuddles with Seongwoo as they lie down on their bed. Just silently lying there and enjoying the peaceful moment. It's been a while since they had cuddled each other. The whole has been the three of them sleeping on a same bed. Mina in between them.

So tonight they could have their own moment. Cuddling and kissing without needing to worry about a 4 year old witnessing them kissing.

"Let's have a date on Monday."

"Yeah, let's. Maybe we should go to Busan. Or Daegu or maybe Gapyeong."

Daniel smiles wider, nuzzling his face into Seongwoo's chest even more. "Gapyeong. I want to go to Gapyeong, hyung."

Seongwoo plays with Daniel's hair and smile softly at his boyfriend. "Then Gapyeong it is."

After that, they both say their goodnight and went to sleep.

 


 

Mango....Get it? ╮(︶▽︶)╭

Lychee or Leechee....get it? ╮(︶▽︶)╭

Hahahaha, finally a new update kekeke...

Hope you guys enjoy this update. Never thought that I would update this story again after for so long :33

Sorry for the typos haha. ENJOY!!!

☆⌒(≧▽​° )☆⌒(≧▽​° )