Final

Can You Be My Candy?

Everybody have their favorite thing in the world that made them the happiest whenever they meet or see them. Like Daniel, the 26 years old Chief Executive Manager, adores or loves sweets. He is extremely in love with candies, especially jellies/gummies. Even to the point he is addicted to them. Being able to eat about five packs of jellies in one day that consist of about thirty or more jellies in a pack is extremely crazy. For someone that ate five packs of it in one day. And it never stops him though, because if he ran out of his jellies, he'll go to his favorite candy shop which located two blocks away from his office and buy more of them the next day.

The candy shop is literally colorful and they attracts almost every single people in every ages. From preschooler to teenager to young adult to adult and even the middle ages people. Sometimes even the oldies stop by because everybody love candy. But not as much as Daniel is.

The shop have variety choice of candies, coming in every single shapes and flavors, to all sorts of sizes. From fluffy, squishy, sticky ones to the hard ones. Selling in every prices that pretty much suitable to every people that loves them and who wanted to buy them.

It's not too expensive but if you specially ordered than it will be. 

Most kids would buy lollipop or chewy candy, sometime jelly beans or even cotton candy. It was like a heavenly place for kids but it is also Daniel's paradise.

He extremely love candies that he is their number one regular customer. The worker having to know him, had became his sort of friends. Greeting him with their biggest smiles when they saw him walked in.

Sometime they even told him that their boss had introduce a new set of candies. And new flavors added and he will be the first to try and gave them his comment on how it goes. Daniel never met the owner before but he must be a sweet tooth just like he is and love candy too.

Plus, he or she should know that they have their number one fan that will always support them and will be loyal to their candy shop. One day hoping to meet with the person that had literally made Daniel happy all day since he first encounter the candy shop.

Another thing is that, being their regular customer has it perk. Even though the boss/owner never knew Daniel, the man or the woman had gave asked his worker to give a special card in which it can be used to get a major discount whenever he came by to the candy shop. And only Daniel have those card.

He had stupidly dance in house after he came back from work when he received the card. 

It sort of looked like a member card but it's really not. There is an initial written at the corner end of the card with the letters 'OSW' on it. He's not sure what it means, but he guessed that it's the name of the owner of the candy shop. 

Most other customers that had became their regulars too able to get a discount but not like Daniel. His would be like 50% off or 75% off sort of discounts. Most other regulars had the privilege of getting a 5%, 10% or 25% discounts. So Daniel was extremely happy about it. He was very satisfied by the fact that this OSW guy -since he is sure it's a guy's name- acknowledge Daniel as their number one regular. Specially gave him the special discount just like that.

Now he really want to meet with this OSW guy.

*

It's his lunch break and he was downright tired and he really need the break because he was looking forward to it. He stretched out and yawns. A knock was heard and seconds later it was open.

"Yo Daniel. Let's grab some lunch. My treat." said his best friend, Jaehwan with a wide grin.

Daniel smiles but shake his head as a no, "Sorry Hwan, I need to stop by my candy store. Need to restock my jellies."

Jaehwan clicked his tongue, "I can't believe that you still ate jellies, Daniel. Plus, you ate them everyday and you know you could get diabetes by eating all those jellies right?"

"Nah, I'm good though. I won't get that."

"Sure you will. You ate like five packs of jellies in one day and then ate another five packs the next day and it keeps on going. Also, you'll get fat if you eat all those."

Daniel raised his shirt up to flash his well toned abs to Jaehwan, eliciting a snort and a grunt from the other, also some eye rolling in annoyance when he flashes his six packs. The blonde laughs.

"Did you see any fats anywhere? No right. So I'm good and I always go to the gym to maintain my shape. Although I ate jellies."

" you."

Daniel can only laughs and exited his office room together with Jaehwan. Poking his finger on his mandu cheeks friend, just to annoyed the latter even more.

They went on a different path once they exited the building. Daniel just needed to walk two blocks just to reach his candy shop. And when he saw the bright pink building from afar, he smiles brightly like a kid.

Always the best. So he fasten his pace. Excited to buy his favorite jellies.

*

 The shop was crowded when he walked in. Surprised to see that the usual shops that mostly half full during lunch time was suddenly packed with customers. He had never walked in to the candy shop looking like this before, ever since he found the shop. Not even once had he saw the huge number of crowd gathering at one part of the shop.

He listened to people 'woah' and 'wow' and 'so cool' and 'daebak' and 'heol' all the time at something or maybe someone behind the counter.

Daniel know, one part of the shop had a place where they sometime made candy right in front of the customers. But he had never seen them doing any when he came to buy his jellies. So he thought he won't ever get to see how they make the candy with the heated sugar. But guess he was wrong, because he walked in at the time of them currently making a new set of sweets.

He walk over to take a closer look at how they made them.

First he squeeze through the crowd to get to the front and when he did, he could see two man standing behind a glass wall, in an apron and were wearing a transparent mask to protect from them coughing into the sugar or sort.

He laid eyes on the new set of heated sugar that they're about to make. The hard candy that is famous with them being design with any sort of shaped they wanted and with variety of colors and flavor. He sees a pink, white and red set of sugar glazed on top of the table. Then he glance up to the two man and he widen his eyes at one of them. His mouth suddenly went wide at the appearance of an angel.

One of the guy is nothing but short with a snaggletooth sticking out of his mouth when he grins to the customer and the other was tall and lean with an outstandingly, gorgeous, handsome looking face. 

Daniel couldn't take his eyes off the taller man and couldn't even careless if he drools over the guy. Because he felt like he just salivated a little at the sight of the handsome dude.

"Alright Woojin. Let's roll the sugar and turn it into a candy. Ready?" the taller said, folding his sleeves up until his biceps, sparing a glance at his companion named Woojin.

"Ready when you are, hyung." Woojin pumped his fist up, grinning at the taller man. They smiles and face the customers.

"We will begin our process on making the candy specially for all of you here. It's free and we'll make sure to pack some of it for all of you take home to have a taste of it. It's a peach flavored candy with slight lemon taste in it that we put in the white one, and then a cherry flavored for the red one. The middle part of the hard candy will be the cherry, in the shape of a heart, wrapped with the white lemon sugar and the outer layer is the peach flavor candy. Can you imagine how it will turn out like?" the tall man winked and grinning to the customers. They all said yes and was anticipating the candy. Also excited to take some home too. The combination will probably be good since it's peach, cherry and with a slight lemon in it.

And not to mention, it is actually Daniel's favorite flavors.

"Alright, let's gittit!" said the tall man, moving the pink sugar glaze around the table. They have to be fast since the sugar is still quiet hot, so it's easier for them to mold it into the shape they wanted.

They both move fast, rolling it on the table then flatten it, then pulling it while they hung the sugar on a hook, to get the length they wanted and back to the table.

It's hard work since when it starts to cool off, it's getting harder to shape and to mold it and they need to use lot's of energy to get it done.

Daniel didn't move from his spot, eyes focusing solely on the taller male whenever he move around the counter. Not even bother to look at the candy but sometimes he did just to see how it turn out and then his eyes are back on the handsome man.

How can there be such man exist in this world and why didn't he know of when he is actually their regular customer. Is this guy just started working at this candy shop? But he can't be, since the other guy, that was named Woojin had called the other hyung. So he must have been working here for a while now. But why haven't Daniel seen this guy before.

He probably have fall head over heel for the man. Because, he wouldn't when the guy is looking like that.

The man suddenly glance up to look at him and their eyes met for a few seconds before the other focus his eyes back on the candy he is busily threading with all his might. Daniel mentally scream in his head when their eyes met.

He pulls away from the counter, with one hand placed on his chest to feel the heart beating so rapidly. Never had he felt like this before since five years ago. The last time he felt like this was five years ago when he falls in love with his dream girl. But then it went away.

Daniel is bi so he is attracted to both of them. But somehow, he felt more attracted to men more than women whenever he finds a certain guy looking extra handsome or so on.

Like the guy behind the counter, which is currently making the hard candy for the customers. The guy was much more good looking than any other men that Daniel had found or fell in love with. The guy looks more like a hot, handsome model or an actor rather than a guy making a candy. The guy should be out there showing off his stunning, looking face rather than hiding it from the public eyes. But perhaps, it's better he hides it, so Daniel could see him when he came to the shop again. 

Hopefully he could find him though if he came back to buy more jellies.

For now, he can't stand there to watch the man making the candy. His heart is about to burst and stops dead if he watch him again. So Daniel moves to his favorite part of the shop. The jellies.

His face, is burning. He don't know why. 

It's so hot that he wanted to take off his suit jacket and his necktie. 

"Gosh, it's suddenly hot in here." he fan himself. Daniel moves around and scoop all the jellies he loves and went straight to the counter to weight it and then pay them up. He spare a glance back at the guy and when he (or maybe he was delusional) saw the guy looking back at him once again, he jolts and ran out of the shop immediately. 

Why the hell did he ran?

*

 "By the way you describing him. The man is a hottie and you're a overly whipped for the guy."

"I don't know, Jaehwan. Yes, he's a ingly hot and handsome that I can't stop thinking about him since I left the shop! His face is practically buried inside my head now. Oh my god, what is happening to me."

Daniel groans, slamming his head on his desk for a few time. 

Since he ran out of the shop hours ago, he had been thinking about the man with the handsome face. He guessed that yes, he is freakishly whipped for the man and damn he wished he could find out about his name and his number. But suddenly he were scared to do so. And afraid to stop by the shop.

"Then go ahead and court the dude. It's not or never."

"What if....What if he's not gay, Jaehwan? Then my confession would just flow down the drain just like that and I'm gonna be all broken hearted by it. No way."

" it, Kang Daniel. You my man, need to stop hiding yourself in your hard shell and start finding someone to be with. You haven't been in a relationship for five years now, so it's time my dear friend. The guy might be the guy you have been looking for."

"Again, what if he's not gay and practically a straight guy. Then I'm screwed!"

Jaehwan slapped him and glared at his friend. 

"You never know if you didn't try. So better say it and find out if he is straight or gay. You might loose this chance to meet him again or even lose the chance in dating the dude."

He know damn well Jaehwan is right and he have to brave for it. If he want to know about the man's orientation than he have to go and make a confession. Or maybe just ask the guy a simple question like; 'Hey, are you gay?' or 'Uh, are you single?' damn, too cheesy.

"Alright, I'll stop by tomorrow and see if he's around."

"Atta boy. Get the guy and stop this stupid crush. I know, it's a crush and damn, you're whipped over a guy that you just met for a minute."

"Shut up!"

*

 The next day, it was Saturday and thank god he isn't working on a weekend. He came by after his visit to the gym and walked in to the shop as he always did, but his eyes were darting around and he is walking like a cat, careful and gracefully, and he himself wasn't sure why is he walking like that.

"Welcome! Ah, Daniel ssi, you're back again." greeted one staff when he saw Daniel walking in. The boy's smile falters when he watch the guy walking like a thief, eyes looking around the shop. It's not empty but there is so little people there so nobody really notice him.

"What are you doing, Daniel ssi?" asked the boy when he walked up to Daniel. Startling the out of the blonde.

"Fu-...Please don't scare me like that, Guanlin. Uh.." he clears up his throat and take one more glance around the shop and then eyes on the boy named Guanlin.

"I was just...looking around the shop. You know, like always did." he says.

"You never did that before. So why the sudden interest in looking around our shop?" Guanlin asked, eyebrows furrowed at the blonde man.

"I...nothing. I came to buy more jellies." 

Guanlin nods but before Daniel could get to the jellies, Guanlin stops him by grabbing his hand. Daniel turn around, confusingly look at the younger.

"I almost forgot." Guanlin went back to the counter and grab something that Daniel wasn't what it was. The boy flashed his gummy smiles and present the stuff he had grab on to Daniel.

Daniel looked at the hand being stretched out and found it's a jar of candy. 

"What is this?" he asked, taking the jar from Guanlin, and brought it close to his face. 

"Oh, that was made yesterday. Said it was specially made for the customers yesterday and it's free. This is yours."

"But...I'm only there for a short while. And.."

He was interrupted by someone all of a sudden. Making his jolts and turn around to the voice. Guanlin had left him when he saw the person.

Daniel blinks. Eyes grew wide like a saucer.

*

"That candy is yours." said the other, as he walked closer to where Daniel is standing. 

The same man that was standing behind the counter and molding that candy. Daniel didn't think he could meet the guy again that fast (although he was hoping to) and better yet, with the guy wearing a simple jean jacket and black ripped jeans. The guy was even more good looking when he is up close to Daniel.

.

"I..."

"It's yours. I mean, that is your share."

"But I..."

"No but Kang Daniel ssi. It's yours and you are one of our regulars that I know own a special card for a special, big discount."

Daniel coughed, because he just choke on his own spit.

"How...How did you know that?"

"How? Because I'm the owner that asked Guanlin to gave it to you. You may have never seen me before, but I've seen you. You came by my shop everyday, almost at the same time. During lunch break and sometimes after office hours. And you'll buy bags after bags of jellies and then came back again the next day. At first, I thought you must be crazy for always coming in here and bought jellies like ten packs and came back the next day to buy some more. But, soon I find that, you're pretty cute. You smile whenever you stepped into the shop and often walk with a bounce because you were very happy. So, then I ended up asking Guanlin to give you the card. Since you have been buying our jellies with a huge amount, so I thought, why not give you the special card. Not everyone have the card you own. I've made sure that only you would have it."

"What?? Why?"

"Because....I like you?"

"W-What?"

"I like you. You're cute although you're muscular and big. But you mirrored a small kid when you stepped into the shop. And I found that the reason behind that is because my candies made you happy. And I wanted to treasure that smile forever."

"Wait...wait...I'm confused."

"Why are you confused?"

"I'm confused because....I never thought that you actually had a crush on me when I don't even know you. I mean, I never saw you yet you said you've seen me many times. And....the owner? So you're the OSW?"

"Yeah. Ong Seongwoo is my name. I'm 29 years old."

"You're my hyung!"

"Can I not be your hyung? I want to be someone else to you."

"Someone else?" Daniel blushed. He sort of knew what Seongwoo is talking about. Now he didn't bother to hide his blush away. He never thought that the guy he just saw yesterday would confess to him first.

"Yes. Do you...want to be someone else? Or something more, Daniel ssi?"

Daniel bits his lower lip and then nods his head. Fishcake. He can't say a word.

Seongwoo smiles sweetly at him. He made a bold move by stepping closer to Daniel and take one hand into his own. Daniel could smell the older smelling like sweet, delicious candy. It's addicting.

"Can you be my candy?"

Daniel wanted to laugh but he stop himself and simply nod his head. It's funny but it sort of relay what the older is trying to say.

"Yes, I'll be your candy."

And somehow, they did ended laughing to each other. Because they found it funny. And also happy to be each other's candy. 

It's weird that they ended up liking each other even though Daniel just met the guy but what the hell. He is just too damn whipped for the older and same goes to the older.

 


 

Tell me guys. Be honest. Do you want this to continue as a series or just this one shot only?

For now, I'm gonna put it as complete. 

I dunno if any of you will give me an answer, but I'll still ask anyway.

Let me know what you guys think.

Enjoy this chapter and hope to see you guys again soon ^^

Sorry for the typos :3