Dont Leave Us

Breathe For Me

The drive to the hospital was long and anxiety filled as the members watched the younger cough up more blood in the van. “Can we go any faster?! He is still coughing up blood manager-nim!” Seungmin yelled with worry. The van made a sharp left turn and the boys all flew to the side a bit, causing Hyunjin’s body to shift. “I am going as fast as I can go without getting pulled over!” Their manager yelled back. Chan brought the now soaked with blood towel up to the younger boy’s mouth as Hyunjin coughed once more. This was not good at all. Hyunjin was pale and sweat was starting to form on his forehead. He was also shaking a little which made Chan even more nervous. “We need to turn him back onto his side so he does not choke.” Woojin said. The other members nodded and helped place the younger on his side. But once they did this, Chan saw a pained look on Hyunjin’s face, and his stomach dropped. “Yah! Hyunjin! Are you hurting somewhere? You have to show me where.” Chan said.

But as soon as he asked this, he received his answer when Hyunjin gave a panicked look and he began to vomit a dark substance. The members eyes widened, and Chan went into action. “Yah! He is vomiting up blood! I need something now!” He yelled with panic. Woojin thought fast and took off his sweatshirt to give to Chan. “Here! Use this! Its old so don’t worry about it being ruined.” He said as he handed the sweater to his friend. Chan gave him a nod and placed the sweater under Hyunjin’s mouth to catch the vomit. “My God there is so much…” Chan whispered. Once the younger had finished, Chan placed the now bloody vomit sweater on the ground and checked the boy for any other signs of pain that he might have missed.

He heard wheezing from Hyunjin and knew that he was not doing well at all. They arrived at the hospital and their manager turned off the van and ran in to get help for the boys. Hyunjin started to panic and Chan grabbed his hand to try and calm him down. "It is alright mate. We are here now so everything will be alright. Okay? I need you to stay calm for me so your breathing does not get worse. You can do this." Hyunjin shook his weary head in response to his friend as he tried to calm down. It was getting harder to breathe and he was so cold. Why was it so cold? He gripped onto Chan's arm for support in hopes that it would calm him down and maybe even warm him up some. He was shivering now and he longed for a blanket.

Or some form of warmth. The manager came back and told the boys that the doctors were waiting for them to bring Hyunjin in as to not draw attention to the boys. They got out of the van and held Hyunjin up with one member on each side of him. They brought him in and they were immediatly told to place Hyunjin on the gourney so they could get him checked out. Chan knew he had to let Hyunjins hand go, but he couldnt bring himself to do it. The younger boy trusted him and he felt that by letting go, he would hurt that trust. "Hyung, you have to let him go now. He has to go back for tests." Seungmin said as he grabbed Chan's hand to try and get it off of Hyunjin's. Tears started to well up in his eyes, and he let go. He didnt know what was going to happen to his friend, let alone how bad off he was. He just hoped he would see the youngers bright smile again when this was all over. That is all he longed for at that moment. He watched as the gourney went into the hallway and then dissapered into a room. "He will be alright hyung. You did good." Seungmin said as he placed a hand on Chan's shoulder in comfort.

__________________________________________________

It has been 2 hours and not a single answer from Chan. Lee Know has been calling his hyung well over 50 times now and he was worried something bad had happened to them all when he came back to the dorm after dance practice and saw blood on the floor. What happened while he was gone? Was someone hurt? He called Chan again and he finally got an answer from his hyung. "Yah! Where are you guys?! What happened?! Why is there blood on the floor?!" Lee Know asked with a panic in his voice. "Calm down mate. The blood is Hyunjin's and we took him to the hospital. We are waiting to hear how he is doing." Chan said. Lee Know's eyes were wide after hearing this news. "What?! Why is Hyunjin bleeding?!" "He was coughing up blood earlier and vomiting blood." Lee Knows eyes were so wide at this moment, they could have shot out of his head. "Is he okay hyung?!" Lee Know asked. "We dont know mate. We are waiting to find out as well. But I will let you know when we find out okay?" Chan said to try and reasure his friend. "Please let me know hyung." Lee Know pleaded. "I will dont worry." Chan said back before hanging up. Lee Know lowered his phone and hoped his friend would be alright.