Chapter 2

Breathe For Me

Chapter 2:

Hyunjin’s POV-

My chest was feeling tighter and tighter and the room was spinning. I was freezing even though I had a sweater on. I rolled over onto my side and saw I.N next to me asleep. His hair was a mess and he was laying on his stomach. I never minded sleeping with I.N mainly because he just didn’t move much when he slept. And neither did I. It made sleeping with him peaceful. Unlike sleeping with Changbin. That was a nightmare in itself. The man never could stay in one place while sleeping.

I tried to go back to sleep, but it was hopeless with the room swaying the way it was. I sat up slowly as to not wake I.N up and regretted it instantly when my head began to throb. “I need my medicine…” I whispered in pain.

I stood up and walked to the door of the room, but only made it halfway when a wave of nausea and dizziness overtook me. I reached out for the wall to grip on to and leaned on it for support. There is no way I will make it to the kitchen without falling over, but I need to try.

I started to walk slowly, still clinging to the wall beside me, towards the kitchen so I can grab my medicine. I only made it halfway to the kitchen because another huge wave of dizziness hit me along with a big wave of nausea and I had to stop in the middle of the living room and kitchen to let it subside. Unfortunately, it did not and I placed a hand over my stomach as I knew what was coming next. “Not good, not good…” I whispered.

I was stuck, and had no way of making it to the bathroom in time. I gagged as my body tried to relieve itself of this nausea. “! I am going to end up vomiting all over the floor if I don’t try to get somewhere soon.” I straightened my back from its leaning over position and I started to walk towards the kitchen again.

But this time I tried to hurry as fast as I could. But again, I was not able to move much without tumbling from side to side. My stomach gurgled, and I could feel the nausea hit even harder than before. I stopped in my tracks and placed a hand over my stomach as it cramped and twisted. I winced in pain and gritted my teeth. “Yeah this is not….good.” I said through my gritted teeth. My body leaned over and I began vomiting all over the floor. “It has never been this bad.” I thought in my head. I must have woken someone up because I heard footsteps running towards my vomiting self.

“Yah! Hyunjin!” I felt a hand patting my back as to comfort me but I was a little busy trying not to die from lack of oxygen from vomiting so much. Once I finished, I stood up straight and looked at who it was that was comforting me. “You alright Jinnie?” The voice said with concern. It was Woojin. And with one look at him, I broke down. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I couldn’t stop them. I felt horrible, I felt like I let everyone down by not keeping up with my medicine, and now I just vomited all over the floor to make things even worse.

I was crying so hard and before I knew it, I was in the comforting arms of Woojin. “Shhh, calm down. You’re alright now.” I couldn’t stop crying. I just couldn’t stop. I felt so bad for everything. “I-I’m so-orry hyung. I didn’t me-mean t-too.” I choked out between sobs. He placed his hand on the back of my head and pulled me in closer to him. “I know you didn’t. It’s alright. Are you sick?” He asked me but all I could do was shake my head no. I was crying too hard to answer. Woojin pushed me back and placed a hand on my forehead. I sniffled and more tears fell down my cheeks. “Aigoo…our baby Hyunjinnie. Stop crying ok? Your fine now. I am not mad at you for this. No one is ok? You don’t feel like you have a fever. What were you doing out of bed this early?” He asked me. I took a deep breath before trying my best to answer him.

“I felt di-dizzy. So I tried to get to th-the kitchen t-to take my medicine. But I felt si-sick and I c-couldn’t get t-to the bathroom in time.” I tried my best to answer him without crying again, but I failed. Woojin brought me into his arms again. “Aigoo...It is all ok now. Have you not been taking your medicine?” Woojin asked me. I shook my head no while crying even harder. “I-I-I have f-forgotten. I-I h-have b-been so b-busy.” I choked out. “Hyunjin, you know you have to take the medicine. The doctor said you can’t miss a day.” He said with concern. “A w-week.” I tried to say. Woojin pulled me away quickly and placed his hands on my shoulders. His eyes were wide with concern. “Yah. You haven’t taken them for a week?!” I shook my head no as I teared up again with guilt. Woojin swore and ran to the kitchen.

He rummaged through the cabinets, trying to find the one where the members kept any medicines they had. When he found the right one, he ran back to me and opened the bottle. He placed two pills in his hand and handed them to me. Then he went and grabbed a glass full of water and returned to me. “Take those now! You need to get them back into your system.” I sniffled and placed the pills into my mouth before taking the glass and drinking them down. “Ok they are down.” I told him. Woojin breathed a sigh of relief as he sat on the couch. I looked down at my hyung.

He looked so worried when he found out. “Hyung, I’m sorry.” I said. Woojin looked up at me and sighed. “It’s ok. I am just glad we got those pills in you. Why didn’t you say something to me or the others?” he asked. The guilt swelled up inside of me again. “I didn’t want you all to worry about me. And with Chan gone, I felt like I would have been a burden to you all.” “Hyunjin, you are never a burden to us. You’re like a younger brother to me and Chan and we care about you and all of the other members. I just wish you would have told me sooner is all.” Woojin said with some sadness behind his words.

He motioned for me to sit next to him and once I sat down, he pulled me into his arms one more time. He placed his hand on the back of my head and pulled me close. “Please don’t worry me like that again ok? You can tell me anything. When you’re sick, tell me. When you’re scared, tell me. When you’re sad, tell me. I will help you get through it. That is what hyung’ s are for. Ok?” I nodded my head in a yes form. “I promise hyung.” He nodded and pulled me away from his body. “Alright. Why don’t you try and go back to sleep. You need it.” I nodded and stood up slowly with Woojin’s help. As I walked into my shared room, I noticed I.N sit up and look at me. “Are you sick hyung?” he asked me. I shook my head no. “No I am not sick.” “But I heard you throwing up…” “My stomach was hurting from something I ate last night. I am ok. Go back to sleep.” I climbed up my bunk ladder and climbed into my bed. My bed felt so good right now as I brought the covers up over my body. “I hope Chan comes back soon, I really miss him.” I thought out loud. And with that, I let my body fall into a deep sleep.