Breathe For Me!

Breathe For Me

Chan-

"Yah! Hyunjin! Wake up! Whats wrong?!" I yelled. But his body didnt move an inch. What am I to do? My mind was racing with so many thoughts and I could not think straight as my heart beat quickend. I need to get him up to make sure he is alright, but I dont know if I am strong enough to get him up by myself. Hyunjin is a tall guy and I am a little shorter then him. I guess the tallest members who could help me would be Woojin and Seungmin. Yeah, I will call them! I picked up my phone and shakily dialed Woojin's number. It rang for what seemed like eternity and I was getting paniky. "Come on come on! Answer!" I yelled. "Museun il-iya?" Woojins voice came through the speaker. "Yah! I need you and Seungmin to get here now! Hyunjin has fainted and I am not strong enough to lift him by myself! Please hurry!" I yelled in panic.

"Okay, calm down Chan. We will be over soon. Can you at least lift him up onto the couch or sit him up?" He said calmly. I thought for a minute, and then I nodded. "Yes I believe so. Or at least I can try. Just please get over here as fast as you can. Im worried." "Okay we will run." He said while hanging up. I put my phone in my pants pocket and then walked over to Hyunjin's sprawled out body. I placed a hand on his back and noticed he was wheezing in a way. Small wet coughs came from his mouth as he lay on the floor. "Alright hold on buddy. Help is coming. I need to try and get you up okay? But you have to help me any way you can." I saw his head give a slight nod. He was awake, or at least slightly for now. I wrapped my arms under his armpits and locked my fingers together. I then used what strength I had and lifted him up over to the couch to at least get him back on it. I struggled, but was able to bring his body over to the couch and lay him down on his back.

This time, Hyunjin let out many wet and harsh coughs that caused his body to lurch forward up off the couch. Suddenly, I heard the door open and two bodies rushed over to me. Finally. The two bodies were huffing and puffing as they ran over to me. "Oh my gosh! I am so out of shape for all of that running!" Woojin said while panting. Seungmin nodded in agreement. Another burst of harsh and wet coughs came from Hyunjin and that made everyone of us turn to him with wide eyes. "Yah! His breaths are shakey and that cough does not sound too good right now!" I said with worry. Woojin walked over to him and placed a hand on his chest very lightly and held it there for a few seconds. "Yeah, there pretty shakey. Alright, lets try and sit him up okay?" I nodded and walked over to help. We all three lifted him up and sat him up so that he might have an easier time breathing, but his breaths were still shakey and it was making me worry even more. See, I am like the mother hen to these boys. When they are sick, they come to me. When they are hurt, they come to me. I treat them like they are my younger brothers, and seeing one of my boys hurting like this makes me sick to my stomach.

I want to take his pain away, but I know right now that its not possible. So all I can do right now is watch and hope nothing more serious happens. And just like that, it was like I said the magic words. Hyunjin let out more wet coughs and then spat out blood. All over the floor. "Holy ! Yah! Woojin go get a towl or something!" I yelled. He nodded and ran to the kitchen. I looked over and Seungmins face was in shock and horror. So was mine i assume and we both had a right to have that face. The boy next to us just coughed up blood! And we had no clue why! Woojin returned with a towl and gave it to me. He then ran to go grab another one to clean the floor with. Thank god we had wood floors. I wiped Hyunjins bloody mouth and told him to cough some more to make sure it was all out. But that just seemed to aggrivate the bleeding even more because more came out this time and it was all over the towl as I held it under his mouth. I patted his back and tried to soothe him. "Alright mate, your all good. Try not to cough any more alright? We dont need anymore blood." I said soothingly. He nodded slightly. "Chan, I think its time to go to the hospital. Theres-theres so much blood and he is pale. We need to go." Seungmin said. I turned my attention over to Hyunjin and then back to Seungmin. "I know he needs to go, but a part of me doesnt want to. What if by going, they tell us it is something worse? I-I just cant bring myself to do it."

"But what if we dont go and he gets worse? Dont you want him to feel better hyung? He needs to go to find out why he is bleeding. Please hyung." Seungmin begged. I turned away and felt tears start to fall. I wish I could just take it all away for you. No more pain, no more blood. Just back to normal. I heard a soft whisper come from the body next to me and I turned back around to find Hyunjins mouth moving a bit. I quickly placed the towl back under his mouth and he pushed it away. "Hyung, ple-please take m-me." I was in shock. He said the words I did not want to hear from him and my lip began to quiver. More tears fell and I had to wipe them away before he saw. I needed to be brave, for Hyunjin and Seungmin's sake. I nodded and answered him. "Alright. If that is what you want. We will go."

Woojin-

I could tell Chan was worried. I was worried too! But I knew that if I had shown how scared and worried I was, then Hyunjin would become even more afraid. And that is something that cannot happen. Chan and I are the role models for these guys. We need to be brave for them. I turned to Chan and Seungmin. “I called our manager and he agreed that we should take Hyunjin to the hospital.” I said as I threw on my jacket. They both nodded, and Chan went to go grab three more coats since it was night by now and would definitely be colder out. We don’t want Hyunjin getting any worse for his sake. Our manager came into our dorm franticly and when he saw the poor boy sitting helplessly on the couch, he let out a sigh of defeat. “How long has he been like this?” He asked us. “Too long now. We need to go, or he will get worse.” Seungmin said with worry. I agreed, and Chan and I lifted Hyunjin up and we supported him by holding his body up. “I have a car outside ready to take him.” Our manager said quickly. We nodded and walked out to the car that the manager had parked outside by the curb. Seungmin got in first and reached his arms out to have us hand him Hyunjin. We handed him over and Seungmin laid Hyunjin’s tall and lean body out on the back seat with him. Chan and I got in next and sat in the two front seats right in front of the other two. Our manager hoped in and started the van. As he pulled away from the now dark dorm, I started to feel a pang of guilt inside. Was this my fault for not bringing him sooner? I knew, and yet, I did nothing. All I did was hand him medicine and told him to go to sleep. Would he be better if I had taken him to the doctor earlier? I laid my head on the window and felt something wet fall down my cheeks. I rubbed it off with my hand and realized I was crying. Tears were falling down my now cold cheeks and I wiped them away so the others did not see. Especially so Hyunjin did not see. This was going to be a long night.