Chapter 1

Breathe For Me

Chapter 1:

It was a dreary day in the Stray kid’s dorm. The rain had been pouring throughout most of the day and was making everyone lazy. Felix was on the couch watching tv with Seungmin, I.N was playing games on his phone, Han, Woojin, and Minho were in one of the bedrooms working on some songs for the next album. Mainly the vocal lines, but some rapping parts since Minho and Han rap as well as sing.

And lastly, Hyunjin and Changbin were cuddled up next to Felix and Seungmin watching the tv as well. Hyunjin had been feeling pretty tired and dizzy lately and he knew why too. He had not been taking his medicine for his breathing problem lately and he could already feel the effects of his stubbornness. That is why he was cuddled up with Changbin right now. He needed some support. Otherwise he might just pass out.

Usually, everyone wanted to cuddle with Hyunjin and he did not know why. It’s not that he did not like or enjoy it, he just never knew why. But today, no, this whole last week, he just wanted to cuddle with someone for once. Rather then being the one that others cuddled into.

He had grabbed one of Chan’s big black blankets before he cuddled into Changbin and he was so glad he did. It smelled like the older man and it seemed to calm Hyunjin’s breathing down a little, to the point where he could maybe try and take a nap. He hadn’t slept much since Chan left for Busan, but that is because Hyunjin likes when his family is all together. Or maybe it is because Chan is like the mom of the group and it made Hyunjin feel better when he was around.

Either way, Hyunjin missed Chan a lot and hoped he would come home soon. “Yah, Hyunjin, you alright?” Felix asked. Hyunjin snapped out of his thoughts and looked up. He smiled and nodded the best he could without causing his head more pain. “Yeah I am ok. Just am really tired today for some reason.” He responded. “You look exhausted. Why don’t you go to your room and sleep?” Changbin said softly while playing with Hyunjin’s hair. Hyunjin closed his eyes and cuddled up even closer to Changbin when he felt Changbin’s hand playing with his hair. “Can’t I just sleep right here hyung? You’re so comfortable. And I don’t feel good.” Hyunjin said while pouting. He looked up at Changbins face and pleaded with his eyes. “Yah! Why are you acting like a baby? You were sick last week. Baby time is over for you!” Changbin said while pushing his fingers into Hyunjin’s head. Hyunjin moaned in dramatic acted pain and held his head. “Hyunnggggg! That hurt!” Hyunjin moaned while getting even closer to Changbin so that he could lay his head in the older boy’s neck.

The older man pulled away. “Yah! You talk in your sleep!” Hyunjin pouted again. “I don’t feel good hyung. I want to sleep with you is why. “Come on Changbin. Just let him sleep with you. He doesn’t look like he feels well.” Felix said with care. “You sure you wont get jealous?” Changbin raised his eyebrow as he said this hoping for a reaction from his best friend. “I will live. I get enough of you as it is.” Felix said with a wink. Changbin pulled Hyunjin in closer to him and sighed. “Oh, alright fine. I guess you can sleep with me here.” Hyunjin smiled as he nuzzled into the older man and closed his eyes. He needed to try and sleep even if it is just for a bit. It would make him feel better. Or so he thought….

******

“Yah! Hyunjin! You need to wake up…” Hyunjin rolled over onto his side. “Yah! Come on! Wake up!” This voice was pounding against Hyunjin’s aching head and all he wanted was for it to stop. He rolled over even more as to try and get as far away from the voice as possible. “Hyunjin! You have been sleeping for hours! You have to get up now!” Hyunjin felt his body being nudged and pushed and he wanted so badly for all of it to stop. “Leave me alone….” Hyunjin mumbled out. Suddenly, a new voice spoke, and it was gentler than the previous voice.

“Hey, you feeling ok? You have been sleeping for hours Jinnie. You need to get up now.” Hyunjin recognized this voice as Felix’s and he opened his eyes a little. “How long have I been asleep?” Hyunjin asked with his now husky voice from sleeping. Two people came into view as Hyunjin’s eyes focused and he saw that the other voice who was harsher had belonged to Changbin. Figures.

“7 hours..” Felix trailed off while looking at his watch. “7 hours?! !” Hyunjin threw the blanket off that he had on him and stood up off the couch. He walked over to his shared room with I.N, Changbin, and Han and stopped in his tracks when he felt a wave of dizziness and nausea hit him. He gripped onto the wall for support until it passed. “It’s never been this bad….” Hyunjin mumbled to himself. Usually his medicine helps the oxygen get to where it needs to go but he had skipped a few days’ worth of it and maybe that is why he was having so many problems right now. Of course, skipping his medicine does not stop him from breathing. He can do that all day every day. It just helps make it easier on his body. You see, Hyunjin suffers from blood clots constantly forming in his body. He takes the medicine to break up the clots when they reach his lungs. But if he skips his medicine, he can become weak and light headed. Have pain in his chest, trouble breathing, its not fun for him or the other members who have to watch him suffer some days. But Hyunjin is always good about taking his pills on time. But with Chan gone and many schedules forming, he had forgotten to take them for a whole week. And now, it is taking its toll on poor Hyunjin’s body.

Hyunjin looked up and saw I.N sitting at the desk that was in their room. He did not notice the younger boy sitting there a minute ago and all Hyunjin cared about was the fact that there was a body he could lean on. I.N was busy playing his computer game that he did not notice Hyunjin’s head collapse onto his shoulder with a sudden force that scared I.N out of his focused stare. “Omo! Yah! You scared me so bad!” I.N yelled with shock. Hyunjin wrapped his arms around the younger boy’s waist and relaxed his head on the boy’s shoulder. “Sorry...I’m not feeling too hot right now and I wanted to see what you were doing.” I.N relaxed and went back to playing his game. “Are you sick?” He asked. Hyunjin shook his head no. “Just am tired and have a bad headache.” “Did you tell Woojin?”

“No, I told Changbin and Felix though.”

“Oh. Well you should still tell Woojin. Are you planning to hold onto me for a while or something?” I.N asked while occasionally looking back at his older friend.

Hyunjin nodded his head in a yes motion.

“Well then why don’t you grab that other chair and sit next to me.”

Hyunjin smiled and walked over to grab the chair carefully as to not alert the younger boy on how bad he actually felt. He sat the chair next to I.N and sat down slowly. Then he wrapped his arms around the boy’s waist again and placed his throbbing head onto I.N’s shoulder. He watched as I.N played his game so well and so strategically. I.N always played the games Hyunjin owned since Hyunjin always had such good games. Of course, that is what I.N says all the time to him. “Did you take a nap at least?” I.N asked continuing with their previous conversation. “Yeah, a 7-hour long nap according to Felix.” Hyunjin said, still watching his friend’s screen. “7 hours?! Dang! That is a long time.” I.N was so focused on his game that he didn’t even notice Hyunjin’s head jerk forward as he stifled a double sneeze. I.N laughed at his friend’s habit. “You have the cutest sneeze hyung.” Hyunjin shoved his friend. “Shut up.”

 

 

 

Author's Note: So i updated this chapter and made it longer for you guys :) Hope you all enjoy some Hyunjin and I.N moments because i added that into this chapter for your enjoyment! XD And a Changlix moment as well.