Chan Is Back

Breathe For Me

This first section will be from Chan’s point of view and will go into more detail about when he returned and when he got to Hyunjins bed. Because I am sure you are all dying to know how that happned. Maybe not though but oh well. Have to keep building the story.

 

It felt so good to finally be home. The air is so fresh here, way fresher then in Busan. I walked a few blocks further and I could finally see the JYP building coming into view, which caused my excitement to increase even more. I feel like it has been forever since I last saw this building, but it has only been two months. The filming had gotten done way earlier than expected and I was able to come home earlier than originally planned. I entered the building and I saw a familiar face who was sitting at the café playing on his phone. Warmth filled me inside and a smile broke out onto my face. “Lee Know!” I called out.

Lee Know’s eyes looked up from the phone and met mine. He smiled and stood up from the chair he was sitting on. “Hyung!” He shouted. We walked over to each other and hugged for what seemed like hours, but was only mere minutes. “Hyung you’re finally back! We have all missed you so much. Hyunjinnie the most…” He trailed off in his thoughts. His smiled faded, but then reappeared when he looked back up at me. “What’s wrong with Hyunjin?” I asked with slight concern. He just waved me off and smiled. “No need to worry. I am sure it is just because he likes when we all together.” Lee Know was acting strange and I did not like it. Although I guess he is right in his words and I smiled again. “Ah yes, I guess that is true. He does enjoy that.” We both smiled at each other and walked to our dorm with smiles and laughs as I told Lee Know all about the filming and the foods I had tried while in Busan. I had made sure to try all of the food that I.N had told me to try since he is from Busan. It was all so good! I lugged my suitcases along with Lee Know’s help until we had gotten to the door of our dorm. Then my arms just gave out and I let them fall to the ground before I sat down on the floor panting. “Oh come on hyung, it is literally two more steps.” He laughed as he tried to lift me up. “No! It is too far! Go on without me. Just leave me here to die.” I playfully said while going limp in his arms. “Hyung..you are way too heavy if you go limp! Just stand up!” He said while gasping. “Oh fine. I will just drag myself then.” I said while laying onto the floor with a wink as I began to pull my body towards the door. Lee Know lost it and he started laughing at my humor. It felt so good to be back home.

I stood up off the ground and opened the door to our dorm. As I walked in and slid my shoes off, I could see most of the members in the living room watching something on the TV. Looked like a movie from what I could see. Lee Know came trudging in behind me with my suitcases and called out to the others. “Chan is back!” At once, all eyes turned and looked at me. Smiles formed on all of their faces, except for one. Woojin did not seem too happy at the moment and I did not know why. I mean, is my presence not enough for you? Eventually, after all of the hugs from the others, Woojin stood up and gave a slight smile at me before giving me a big hug. Woojin’s hugs were indeed the best and it felt wonderful to receive one of them.

But before he let go of me, he whispered in my ear. “I need to talk to you privately.” I was shocked, but yet a little concerned as well. Why would he need to talk to me privately so suddenly after I have returned? I followed him into his room and he shut the door behind me. “What is wrong?” I asked with concern. Woojin turned to face me and worry swept over me when I saw his face. He looked so tired, and his face was washed over with concern and worry. “I know you just got home and I am sorry for not being happier when you came through the door. But I am just worried about Hyunjin. He is not doing too well right now. He threw up last night all over the kitchen floor and said he has been dizzy and nauseous all day yesterday. I found out that he has gone a week without his medicine! And now he has a slight fever and I am just so worried.” Woojin crossed his arms over his chest and breathed a sigh of concern. My eyes were wide and worry swept over my tired body. “What? A week?” I asked with panic. Woojin nodded his head. “I gave him the medicine last night and another this morning to get it back into his system, but I have no clue if that will help anything. I spent most of the night last night cleaning up his vomit off the floor and almost puked myself from it as well as watching over him and making sure nothing happened while he slept.” Woojin shivered. “Not a fun night for me. The smell is still stuck in my nose!”

I had to laugh a little at his face that he made. But I was still concerned for Hyunjin. “Where is he now?” I asked. “He went back to his room maybe an hour ago? He was tired.” I nodded and exited the room. When I opened Hyunjins door, I could hear a light moan come from his bunk. I walked over to his bunk and saw his jet black hair a sweaty mess. He was tossing and turning slightly. He sounded like he was in pain and my mother hen mode went into action. I climbed up his ladder and sat down on his bed. Hyunjin’s bunk was the longest and biggest in the dorm so two people could easily fit in it. He was shivering from what I could see, and he was whispering something. It sounded like hyung. Was he having a nightmare? Hyunjin was reaching his arm out for something. Me maybe? And then I heard my name come from his lips. Is he dreaming about me? I was scared out of my thoughts when Hyunjin started screaming my name. He was thrashing about and reaching out into the air. “Yah! Hyunjin! Wake up!” I said raising my voice.

He wasn’t waking up no matter what I said. So I moved closer to him and picked his warm body up and brought him close to my chest to try and calm him down. I rubbed his back and everything. He still wouldn’t wake up. I finally spoke even louder than before. “Hyunjin! It’s me Chan! Wake up!” And with that, his body became still. His eyes started to open, tears falling down his cheeks. I felt the relief sweep through me as I saw his dark brown eyes look up at me. “Im right here. Im Chan hyung.”