Love Me Tender

Mamamoo Fluff Galore

A/N: For the record, I came up with this even before "Twit" MV drop. So this Wheesa one-shot is just pure coincidence. Anyways, stream "Twit" everyone!! XD

And Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy!! ^^

 

_______________________________________________________

Hyejin pursed her lips, fingers tapping her phone screen absent-mindedly. Then, she turned to face her best friend, who was sitting at the other end of the couch, one hand holding a pencil and the other holding a sketchbook, engrossed in whatever it was she was drawing.

“Wheein-ah…”

“Hm?” the other girl answered distractedly.

“What are you doing on the fourteenth?”

Wheein’s hand halted and she lifted her head to look at Hyejin. “Why?” she asked with a slight frown. “Is there something going on that day?”

“Um, Valentine’s Day?”

“Oh.” Wheein’s frown was quickly replaced by her signature dimpled smile. “Then of course I’ll be here with you,” she said cheerfully before turning back to her sketchbook, “like every other year.”

Hyejin scowled, not liking the implication of her best friend’s words. It was true, but she chose to ignore it.

“Well not this year,” she said casually, but she could not contain the smile on her face, “this year, I have a date for Valentine’s Day.”

Wheein’s pencil stopped moving, but the smaller girl did not lift her head. “Is that so?” she muttered before her pencil moved again. Then, after a few seconds, she added, “Who is it?”

“Moonbyul-ssi.”

Wheein let out an incredulous scoff. “You’re going to get hurt,” she said, without bothering to look up. “The girl is a notorious player.”

I know,” Hyejin huffed, folding her arms tight against her chest, “but she’s the only one who’s ever shown interest in me.”

Wheein finally looked up and regarded Hyejin with a strange look on her face. “That’s not true,” she said quietly. “You’re beautiful, Ahn Hyejin. Of course there is someone interested in you…”

Hyejin felt a flutter in her chest and her cheeks warmed at the other girl’s words. She quickly shook off the feeling. It was just Wheein, after all.

“Well that someone is really slow,” Hyejin sighed. “I’m tired of waiting. I want a change. Starting with not spending Valentine’s with my best friend because I’m dead single every year.”

She had expected to hear an amused laughter coming from the other girl; instead, she was met with a grim smile.

“Yes,” Wheein said thoughtfully, “I supposed it is time for something to change this year…”

Hyejin paid no mind to her words – Wheein always liked being witty and cryptic and she expected people to figure her words out. But Hyejin was never the studious type, so she would always let anything and everything Wheein said pass over her head…except for the important ones, of course.

 

It felt a little strange for Hyejin to see Wheein with someone else.

She always knew Wheein had admirers, but rarely had she seen her best friend out on a date. This was definitely a first and, surprisingly, it bothered her quite a bit.

Hyejin was about to have lunch with Moonbyul – a practice date before Valentine’s Day – when Wheein suddenly came over, holding hands with a girl Hyejin had never met.

“This is Solar,” Wheein said, flashing her most charming smile at Hyejin and Moonbyul. “Is it okay if we eat lunch with you two?”

“Yes, of course,” Moonbyul said easily, her eyes never leaving Solar’s face. “It will be a pleasure to have you both.”

Solar blushed under Moonbyul’s gaze and greasy smile. Hyejin would have smacked Moonbyul silly for checking out another girl while on a pretend date with her, but she was too occupied trying to catch her best friend’s eyes.

Wheein seemed to do avoid her eyes on purpose – she started staring at the menu the moment she sat down; after ordering, she started talking animatedly with Moonbyul and Solar, completely ignoring Hyejin’s presence.

Only when Moonbyul and Solar were deeply engrossed in their conversations did Wheein finally turned to Hyejin. That triumphant smile on Wheein’s face bothered Hyejin greatly.

“What are you doing?” Hyejin asked, eyes narrowed with suspicion.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Wheein replied innocently.

Just then, their lunch arrived and the food successfully distracted Hyejin from grilling Wheein more about her suspicious behaviour.

 

By the time lunch ended, Moonbyul and Solar were already making googly eyes at each other and their hands were apparently glued together now.

Hyejin was about to make a snarky comment about it when Moonbyul and Solar suddenly stood up, eyes sparkling and mouth curved into wide smiles.

“Sorry, Hyejin,” Moonbyul said, her eyes never leaving Solar’s face, “but I’m going to take off with Solar for a bit.”

“W-Wait. We’re still on for Valentine’s, right?” Hyejin asked in a hopeful voice.

Finally, Moonbyul turned to look at her. But her eyes were apologetic; just like her tone. “I’m sorry, but I have to cancel our date.” She paused and turned back to Solar, a soft smile on her lips. “I’ll be spending that day with Solar instead.”

Hyejin just stared at them with opened. She couldn’t even bring herself to get angry because they looked so happy – even as they walked away hand in hand without sparing a glance back at her and Wheein.

Hyejin heard a soft laughter coming from her right side and she turned to scowl at her amused-looking best friend.

“This is your fault,” she hissed, poking a finger into Wheein’s chest. “You did this on purpose, didn’t you?”

“I did warn you about Moonbyul,” Wheein said with a shrug, grabbing Hyejin’s poking finger with one hand. “You just didn’t want to listen.”

“I just wanted a date on Valentine’s, babo,” Hyejin sighed, twisting her finger out of Wheein’s grasp. “I don’t care if she’ll hurt me or not…”

“Then why don’t you just ask me?”

Wheein had such a solemn look on her face, Hyejin almost thought the other girl was serious. It created butterflies in Hyejin’s stomach, but she quickly reasoned it away – Wheein was probably just being nice.

“But you’re my friend,” Hyejin chuckled, poking Wheein’s right cheek where her deep dimple was situated, “a date with you doesn’t really count, Wheein-ah.”

Wheein’s face remained impassive, but Hyejin knew her better – just one look in the other girl’s eyes and Hyejin saw the hurt and sadness in them. She immediately felt guilty and tried to say something, but Wheein beat her to it.

“Does it count if I do this?”

Before Hyejin could process what was happening, she felt soft hands cupping her face, followed by equally soft flesh pressing against . Her eyes fluttered close and the butterflies from before came back – only this time, they were swarming and there was no way Hyejin could contain them anymore.

“Hyejin-ah…”

Hyejin’s eyes flew open at the sound of her name being breathlessly uttered by a flushed-looking Wheein. Their faces were still close – Wheein had her forehead pressed against Hyejin’s – and their gazes never left each other as they caught their breaths.

“Hyejin-ah…” Wheein’s voice was gentle, an adoring smile playing upon her lips as she Hyejin’s cheek with the back of her hand, “…be my Valentine?”

“A-As friends?”

Hyejin knew very well that was not what Wheein meant, but she desperately wanted to hear Wheein say it with her own mouth.

No,” Wheein chuckled, “as more than friends. Then maybe,” she hesitated a bit and Hyejin saw a vulnerable look in the other girl’s eyes, “maybe we can keep staying that way even after the date.”

Hyejin smirked as she circled her arms around Wheein’s neck. “We’ll see,” she said in a teasing voice, “I need a little bit more convincing before I can agree to that…”

Hyejin was surprised when Wheein suddenly closed the small distance between their mouths, kissing her firmly yet tenderly at the same time.

“I will gladly convince you just like this,” Wheein murmured in between kisses, “every single day of our lives.”

Hyejin smiled into the kiss; she could already imagined it – receiving loving and tender kisses every day from her best friend and lover and feeling this same happiness and fulfilment every single time they kiss; she didn’t want it any other way.