Chap VI

ROOMMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*** STILL SEUNGRI POV***

After bathing, we sat with Jiyong on a large wooden table set in the empty space at the back of the house. From here we had a good view of the rice fields belonging to his family, on which I worked so hard today. We took several packs of crisps and several cans of beer from the kitchen, which we bought earlier in the city while we waited for the bus. We talked about trivial matters, laughing and joking. The mood changed when Jiyong stepped into an uncomfortable field of questions.

''Ri, why you wanted to spend time with me on holidays, not with your family?'' He asked and I really didn't want to talk about it, only that his shiny, brown eyes wouldn't let my conscience treat him coldly and sell him again without answering. So I took a deep breath and began to speak.

“My family broke down and some events made it never be as it once was.” I explained to him in a heavy voice.

“Spit it out Seungri.” He encouraged me, but I didn't know if it was a good idea. “I always tell you so many things, but in the end I don't know anything about you.” He added, dropping his head with a slight pounding in his voice. I smiled slightly, then took a sip of beer, started the story.

“My parents were a happy marriage until my father took over a high position in the company. My mother noticed that he was not like it once, but she still didn't lose hope that he would improve. Then Hana, my younger sister, came to the world, but it didn't change anything. My father moved away from us, he became angry and avoided spending time with us. When I was old enough to notice some things, I understood what was causing these behaviors.” I said, pausing for a moment to take a sip of alcohol, because my throat was dry with bitterness. ''I first caught my father with another woman five years ago.” I sigh and Jiyong soothes my hand, trying to encourage me to continue. "When my father found out I had caught him cheating, he threatened to divorce my mother. I know that in the normal situation it would be the best solution, but it doesn't work with us. Mom loves father so much that she never believed my words, she always shouted at me when I spoke something bad about him. This woman is too blinded by love to reach her, how much he cheats her.” I started to speak in one breath and in the worried expression of my companion, I understood that pain and regret speaks through me. The boy did not stop me once, letting me spit out all the anger that I kept hidden inside myself.

“It must hurt a lot, Ri. I'm so sorry about what happened to you.” He said and I would normally blow such a text off, but his sincere look, in which sadness predominated, made me send him a slight smile.

“About a year ago, when I was finishing high school, my father forced me to apply for economics studies. I would never decide for it myself. Earlier, he sent my mother and my sister to live with our grandparents outside of Seoul. He threatened me that he would stop paying for Hanna and my mother would be alone with keeping her and my ill grandparents. In addition, he said that if he was disappointed again, this time he wouldn't hesitate to send mom divorce papers. Believe me, lately it's not good with mom and I know she would break down, if he left her now.” I lowered my head, feeling anger and helplessness boiling inside me because of all this . “Hana ... She is so young and cheerful. I don't want her to suffer. I want her happiness the most in the world and I won't let my father ruin her life, as he did with mine.” I clenched my fists with anger. “And my mother, it hurts so badly, how she does not believe my words! I even showed her pictures, but she still takes her father's tale and blindly trusts him.” I added and didn't notice even when tears began to flow from my eyes. My lovely roommate approached me and after a while I felt his gentle hands grab my face, and his thumbs tenderly rubbed my tears.  

“You tried as you could Seungri. He said using his sweet, soothing voice that I could listen to every day. Apparently, you must give your mother more time to understand.” He added what eased my nerves slightly.

I watched his smooth features, small nose, brown eyes until my eyes stopped on his plump, pink lips. In my head, a thought arose to grab his lips between teeth and see if they were really so soft they looked. I my lips and Jiyong probably noticed a change in my behavior, because his cheeks had a shade of rose red. I think that I will never cease to admire his beauty and how pretty he looks when he blushes.   

Slowly, I began to approach my face towards him and I felt Jiyong start to tremble slightly. When our lips were so close together that we only shared our breath, I subtly reached for his chin and lifted it up, and then my lips rested on his lips. I saw him tighten his eyes and weathered our hands to give him a sign to relax. I moved closer to him, wrapping Jiyong on the waist, and he timidly followed my example, wrapping his arms around my neck. Our noses were touching when, in a slow motion, I began to move my lips against his. Jiyong let out a small moan that was like honey to my heart. When I felt him loosen up a little, I grabbed his lower lip be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter