Chap I

ROOMMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Sentence in quotation marks areJiyong's thoughts'

                  I looked around and the only thing that caught my eye is the gray concrete space. I admit, I thought that this whole Seoul looks different. To be sure, I decided to look around again. And you know what? Nothing. Exactly. I have no idea where I am. Before I entered the train, Dami repeated five times to me which station I am supposed to get off at. I remember exactly that it was 11th stop, but the problem is that during the journey my eyelids dropped and I couldn't remember how long. Therefore,as soon as I opened my sleepy eyes and realized that I didn't know where I was, I decided to get off at the nearest station. And that's how I stand in the middle of what's unknown and how far from my house. "Ottoke!" - I thought. I pulled a gray suitcase and adjusted a large, sport bag on my shoulder that contained all my life belongings. Not knowing in which direction I should go, I decided to find the nearest information point. Only that it isn't easy matter, as I have zero sense of direction.

              After a long wander, without much success, I decided to sit on a bench and rest for a moment. I took the only free seat and brought my luggage closer to me, and pulled the phone out of my pocket. Seunghyun was supposed to pick me up from the stationand with him I was going to go to my new school, to check in at the dorm. You see I didn't tell you anything about myself yet.

            So my name is Kwon Ji Yong and I am 19 years old. This year I'm starting my studies at the University of Seoul and I am forced to move to the capital on this occasion. More precisely because I was born and live 200 km from here in a small village.As my family doesn't  belong to the richest, but also not the poorest, I decided to move to the dorm. For sure it's cheaper than renting an apartment in the capital, but also more convenient, because from there I'll be able to get to classes faster.

          Returning to my current situation, I began to worry, because Seunghyun, my cousin, didn't answer the phone. I sighed deeply and rubbed my temples. ''I could let Dami take me to the city, but not Jiyong, you always have to be stubborn.'' - I scolded myself in my mind. I mean, how would it look like if I as a new student, would come there with his sister. Reputation minus 50 at the start. When I was starting to panic, my phone vibrated, so I quickly pressed it to my ear and picked up the call.

- Jiyong, where the are you? - I heard a low tone of voice characteristic of my cousin.

- I don't know Hyung, I'd felt asleep on the train and now I don't know where I am! - I said, sulking.

- Look around you idiot. The name of the station must be somewhere. It's not like you're in a foreign country. I think you can read. - Seunghyun growled, and I could swear he rolled his eyes. I turned my head, looking for any sign with the name of the station.

- Cheonan Asan ... - I read from one of the boards.

- , Kwon, it's 40 minutes to Seoul! What did you do you fool! - he shouted, so to avoid possible deafness, I moved the phone away from my ear to a fairly safe distance.

- What should I do? - I wailed, knowing  I'd screwed up. - Hyung, in an hour they close the recruitment to the dorm. I need to get there or until the end of the year I will sleep under the bridge! - I started to dramatise so the guy sitting next to me gave me a scornful look.

- I don't know, I will go crazy soon. Let me think. - my cousin tried to calm me down, although his tone of voice suggested that he would probably prefer to screw me up rather than comfort me. - Okay, listen to me, drama queen, because I won't repeat myself. Buy one more ticket and try to catch the nearest train to Seoul. - Seunghyun advised.

- It's just that I don't have more money, Seunghyun. - I half-murmured, embarrassed that I didn't take more cash in case of unexpected events.

- Okay Ji, calm down and don't panic. - hyung said, this time in a more subtle way. - I can't do anything now, because I still have classes, but as soon as the lecture ends I'll try to come for you, so stay where you are and wait until I call okay? - he added.

- But what about my dorm... - I asked, disappointed with myself, because I always have to something up.

- We will work something out. Now calm down and don't do anything stupid. Do you hear? Nothing stupid. - Seunghyun repeated, as if talking to a two-year-old.

- Okay, mom. - I rolled my eyes and hung up. I really was angry with myself. I'm nineteen and it still happens to me. ''What will happen once I pass the driver's license?'' - I mocked myself.

                  Considering that I will be in this station for a long moment, I decided to go to the station's bar and buy something warm to drink. Spring is coming and yet it is sometimes still chilly, so a warm drink is always agood solution to everything. I looked around for a price list and sawa small piece of paper with the products in the bar near the orderingpoint. I chose a tea with sugar and a nice, elderly woman asked me topay. When I took out the coins from my pocket, I was surprised to seethat I didn't have enough money. Behind me, the queue started to setup, and I was too embarrassed to withdraw my order because of lack ofmoney. At the moment when I gathered in myself to say theseembarrassing words, I heard a voice behind me that interrupted mydisgrace in front of all customers.

- Could you please add one butter crousant to this order? - asked the stranger.

                 I turned my head to find out who this mysteriousvoice belongs to. Just behind me was a boy, possibly even the sameage as me. He had platinum blonde hair, dark-rimmed glasses, and wasdressed in black jeans, white turtleneck, and a brown coat. His wideshoulders, handsome face and brown eyes gave him beauty. If itweren't the fact that I had mastered the limits of my strange habits,I'd have squealed long time ago from the impression. Instead, I bitmy bottom lip, watching as a stranger pays for my order. The strangertook our order and gave me a look so that I could follow him to thetable, which was in the corner of the bar. We sat opposite eachother, and awkward silence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter