The Force is Strong With You

The New Jedi

Canto Bight. The home of filthy rich gamblers, business men, and casinos. Along with many, many poor citizens. As well as slaves to help these rich men and women. This is also the home and birthplace of Padawans Yuna and Yerin.

After the Rose Tico and Finn arrived at this unique planet seven years ago, new young people in line with the force have either escaped from their captivity in slavery or got out of the planet in some way and made it to Crait. The planet the resistance was currently in at that time.

Yerin and Yuna were slaves that were just a bit stronger than the rest of the slaves that were in tune with the force. They used their powers to overthrow the guards and handlers and escape the planet successfully.

When they got to Crait, they were inspected for how much their force was in tune. They would separate the people who are stronger from people who needed more training. 

Yuna and Yerin were put into the people who were strong. Rey got to see them last and as soon as she entered the room where these two girls were, she stepped up to Yuna, Yerin, and another girl that came from Jedi Luke Skywalker’s planet, Tatooine. That girl was Padawan Yewon.

”You girls have a strong presence. Very strong indeed.”

She looked at all three of them. She smiled as she looked at Yuna.

”You...the force is strong with you, little girl. Immensely strong. Almost like Anakin or Luke Skywalker.”

She grinned at her and looked towards Yerin.

”You feel very, very powerful as well. Although your physical strengths may be a bit bigger than the force you channel.”

She squeezed her shoulder and smiled at her as she looked towards Yewon.

”You remind me of an old but powerful Jedi. Very, very wise. Extremely powerful. You remind me of Jedi Yoda, little girl. Strong both inside and out.”

Rey patted her head and smiled.

After seven years, the girls got stronger, just like Jedi Rey predicted. They got more mature and responsible as well. Yuna is now 18, Yerin is 19, and Yewon is 17.

Right now, the girls were getting to finally build and create their own lightsabers. The resistance just got the right materials to make them so the Padawans are barely getting to make them.

Yewon was the first to go out of the three girls. Other Padawans were waiting as well. She used the force to bring the metal and other components to the hilt of the saber. The white kiber crystal was put in last. She knew which one to choose since that kiber crystal glowed the brightest when Yewon came up.

She finally got the hilt put together. She carried it carefully in her hand. Rey spoke up.

”Try it Yewon. See what color it is.”

Yewon’s lightsaber and it glowed a vibrant green. All of them clapped.

”I knew it would be green, young Yewon. Green, just like Jedi Yoda’s saber. Let’s see who’s up next!”

Yewon turned it off and stepped away from the table. Yerin was next. Her kiber crystal had already chosen her so she put all of the hilt together and held it in her hand.

She turned it on and a beautiful beam of purple light came out. Yerin giggled as this was the color she wanted. A few other Padawans went up and then it was finally Yuna’s turn.

She got her kiber crystal and she began to form the hilt. Rey suddenly felt something in her that made her shudder.

”Yuna wait.”

Yuna dropped the materials back on the table and stepped back as Rey walked up. Rey let Yuna start again after she inspected everything. She felt a strong presence around the materials so she just had to check on them. Yuna built the hilt finally and turned it on.

Out came a blinding and vibrant light of blue. Rey gasped and stepped back. All of the other Padawans have gotten green or purple or violet or even orange, oddly.

”Yuna...you got blue!”

Rey brought out her own lightsaber, Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber. She turned it on and out came the same blue as Yuna. Only Yuna’s glowed brighter.

”You are probably the most powerful and most in tune with the force out of all of my Padawans...you are very special. The force is indeed very, very strong with you.”

Yuna turned off her saber and smiled. Rey turned off hers as well. She patted her shoulder.

”Talk to me tomorrow morning when you get the chance. You too Yerin and Yewon!”

Rey congratulated everyone and got back to settle her businesses in the resistance. The Padawans all went back to their living quarters. Yuna shared a room with Yerin and Yewon. And as soon as they entered the room, they began to jump around out of happiness and excitement.

”I got blue! Just like Anakin Skywalker!”

”That means you are a special Padawan, Yuna. Imagine how powerful you’ll be when you’re a full on Jedi!”

”Even more powerful than me, Yewon?”

”Maybe...it’s possible.”

Yuna giggled and sat down on her bed. She smiled as she looked at Yerin who was yelling at Yewon out of excitement about her purple lightsaber.

It was already nighttime and Yerin was sleeping. Yuna was ready to sleep as well but Yewon rushed towards her from her bed.

”Yuna...Yuna!”

”H-huh? Yewon? What’s going on?”

”Don’t go to sleep.”

”What? Why?”

”I feel like something bad is gonna happen to you...be careful please.”

”I will....but I really wanna sleep~!”

”Yuna, you have to keep a...”

Yewon stopped as she looked out of her window. She gasped.

”It’s a first order ship...multiple..oh no.”

Yewon ran out to warn Rey and the rest of the resistance. Yuna woke up Yerin and each got their lightsabers. They ran to where Yewon was. She was trying to warn Finn about the ships but he wasn't budging. Neither was Poe Dameron.

”Yewon! They’re getting closer!”

Yelled Yerin as she looked out the window. Rey suddenly ran out of her room and went to Finn and Poe.

”They aren’t wrong. They are coming at us rather quickly! Poe get your ships ready!!”

Poe ran to get his fleet ready. They finally have enough ships for a small army of 80 and non flight army of 150 Finn ran to get the gunmen and non flying army ready. Rey walked back to the three girls.

”You girls think you can protect the other Padawans? The first order will try to either capture or kill you guys. Do whatever is in your power to stop them if they get too close. You have lightsabers now. Use them. I believe in you guys. Now go!”

They nodded and ran to help and protect the other Padawans. They heard the main gates opening and out went the tie-fighters along with the rest of the non flight army. 

“We need to gather them in one space! Get to the back rooms!!”

Yerin and Yuna led the Padawans to the very back of the base. Yewon stayed behind as they did what she said. She looked back and saw people getting off of the first order ships. She gasped.

”THEY’RE COMING FOR US!!!”