Wake Up

Of Rapping Tofus and Singing Squirrels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana checks her wristwatch.  It was past ten in the morning and Dahyun hasn't gone out of her bed yet.  Usually, she would allow the younger to sleep in but she had noon classes that day and Sana knew how long Dahyun takes in the bath. 

She squeals when she feels soft fur swiping on her ankle and she looks down.  A small male Maltese looks up to her, wagging his tales rapidly.  "Arf!"

Sana softly smiles and picks up the white dog, "Ahri-ah~" she coos, hugging the dog closely to her chest and petting its head softly.  Ahri whimpers at the comfort.  

Ahri was a gift Sana gave Dahyun on their third year anniversary.  Dahyun was initially reluctant of keeping a dog in their apartment since she had cynophobia but the sight of a cute Maltese puppy staring at her like she's his whole world all the while wearing a red ribbon around his neck and snuggling comfortably in Sana's embrace made the words stuck in Dahyun's throat.  Plus Sana loved dogs and Dahyun wanted to try loving them too for her Sana.  When the latter knew that she couldn't contain her excitement and bear-hugged her all the while shouting sweet-nothings to Dahyun.

Now Ahri has become a full-grown dog filled with love from his two parents.  The couple also noticed how much Ahri was like their own child, adopting habits, the good and the weird, from the both of them.

"You woke up earlier than mommy today, that's a surprise," she chuckles as she walks to the pantry to fetch Ahri some snacks.  Once the sight of a brown bag filled with delicious chicken-flavored treats emerged from the drawer, Ahri barks gleefully.

"You're hungry, huh?" Sana proceeds to open the bag but stops ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter