Chapter Three - Don't Tell

Untold Secrets

Jeonghan felt arms go around him. He saw it was Seungkwan.

"What's wrong?" Seungkwan asked.

"My dream.. Seungcheol's the weird man in it.." Jeonghan cries into the younger's shirt, soaking it in less than a minute. "He scares me and hurts me in my dream..." Jeonghan explained further.

Seungkwan looked at the direction of where Seungcheol would be walking. He gave a mad face to it.

"Boo-boo, please don't tell Shua, promise me." Jeonghan said, "don't tell him he's been here."

Seungkwan nodded to the older's begs, and helped him up the stairs. He placed the older down in his bed, and tucked him in. His wrist was tugged. Seungkwan knows that this means that Jeonghan wants him to stay over. He always stays over with Seungkwan when he has these nightmares. It seems to only occurr when Joshua is on the mainland.

Seungkwan texted Hansol before laying down on top of the covers with the other. He knew that the medication Jeonghan took made him increasingly hot and teary for the first few hours. Usually by the morning, he's calm and happy. Not like nothing ever happened, but it makes him more confident and independent. Seungkwan hears that the other has fallen asleep.

Although awkward to sleep in the couple's bed, he knows that Jeonghan wouldn't like it any other way.




Nine in the morning didn't come any quicker for Joshua. He handed his two way ticket to the guard and walked onto the boat. He sat down on an unoccupied bench, and sighed. He looked at his watch. The café might be swarming with tourists, and Jeonghan would be on his own.

He walks on the dock and walked to the café. He entered through the entrance, and saw that there were only a few costumers. He sighed in relief. He walked to the back and saw Jeonghan slumped over the counter.

"You have that dream?" Joshua asked. He received a nod. Joshua hates that Seungcheol gave him these night mares, he should be out of their lives completely. Joshua hugged his husband and kissed him on the forehead.

"I'll take care of the tables, okay?" Joshua said, walking them to the attached house. He sat Jeonghan down on their couch. He put his luggage on the side and kissed Jeonghan one last time.

"Call me if you need something, Shua.." Jeonghan's eyelids eased.

Another side effect of the pills he took is that he needs more sleep than he usually would need. So he may seem a bit more sluggish in the early morning. This side effect would stop by late morning to
noon.



As it turned evening, Jeonghan was walking about the house. He heard Joshua's phone ring. He picked up the phone to see a string of numbers he didn't recognize. Thinking it might be important, he answered.

Hello? - J


Hi! Who is this?

My name is Jeonghan, may I know who's calling? - J

Oh.. Uhm.. Cho Seulmi. I'm looking for Joshua, he and I are supposed to go out tomorrow~

Out? Why would he be going out with a pretty-voiced girl like you? - J


Jeonghan was getting aggrivated by the cute tone this girl was giving.

He said he'd take me to do things, why?


Like what? - J

Whatever! I'll call when you're not around, grandpa.

Jeonghan heard the other line click. He gripped the phone tightly. He saw Joshua walking down the hallway with paperwork in his hands. Jeonghan walked up to the younger and gave him the phone.

"Your girlfriend, Seulmi, called. Saying you two are supposed to go out to do things." Jeonghan folded his arms.

"Seulmi? Oh yeah.. That girl..." Joshua border lined complained. "She's nowhere near to my girlfriend, Hannie. She's my step sister."


Jeonghan looked at him with an eyebrow risen. "What a rude girl." Jeonghan folded his arms.

Joshua nodded and put down the folder with papers inside. He took hold of the older's shoulders, and kissed him on the lips. Jeonghan unfolded his arms, and put his arms around Joshua's neck.

The kiss was sweet and innocent, but not nearly as much as their first kiss.

"Get into bed; I'll be there in a few minutes." Joshua instructed.


Watching Jeonghan leave, Joshua sighed happily and went to the café. He locked the doors and closed the curtains. He made sure all of the chairs were up before going around the counter. He opened the cash register to take out today's earnings. He counted as he put the money in a little box. He wrote down the number and carried the box, along with the paper work, to the next room. He opens the safe, and puts both the folder and the box inside. He closes and locks the safe before turning out all of the lights.

He left the light on in the hallway, and went into Jeonghan and his bedroom. He sat down on the side of the bed, hearing the already sleeping angel. He silently walked into the bathroom to take a shower, and then went into the bed.

He still heard the other sleeping. He put his arms around Jeonghan and was about to fall asleep his own self. But, he heard him crying.

"No,. don't.. Please..."

Joshua knows that the other is having the same nightmare, this time two nights in a row. He covered Jeonghan's eyes with his hand, making Jeonghan's dream disappear.

"Shua.." Jeonghan awoke.

"Shh, everything's fine.. Though it's odd that you had it twice in the same week." Joshua mentioned.

Jeonghan bit his lip and thanked the darkness. He doesn't want Joshua to know why he had that dream yet another time. Jeonghan suspects it's because he met Seungcheol last night.

"I-I don't have any idea," Jeonghan lied, "let's go back to sleep."

Joshua shrugged off the problem, and adheared to the other's want to sleep. Truthfully, he wouldn't mind to sleep right now. He hugged his husband, and started to drift off into dream land...