Chapter 10

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Wendy’s POV:

 

“Haha, in your dreams . Get your out of my bed and wash up. I’ll make breakfast and hopefully by the time you come out I won’t have to endure your stinky morning breath”

“Morning breath?!?! I don’t have morning breath!! It’s not like you’re a picnic to wake up with...your hair is like a nest and you even have eye boogers!! You snore like a man, you steal all the sheets, you nearly pushed me off the bed….”

 

Rising quickly from the bed as he releases another torrent of whinings, I march quickly into the kitchen for some much needed reprieve away from his presence. He always had a strong presence ever since we met, though admittedly at the time his presence was strongly in the category of a clumsy, annoying little brother. Over time, not only did his presence change from being best friend category to first love territory, it worsened from being noticeable to overwhelmingly suffocating at times. It’s exactly like what they say about the most dangerous things being the most tempting...I was the moth that can’t help itself but to be attracted to the unattainable, flaming light.

 

“You still drunk, Wen?”

“Huh?”

“Well, you’ve been filling up the already overflowing kettle for the 2 minutes I’ve been standing here trying to get your attention. I might as well help you get started on our non-existent breakfast so far. What are we making today?”

“Umm right. Wow, I’m really making a mess this morning...I must still be feeling the effects of the alcohol from last night. I was thinking ramen would be great to cure this hangover. I was just gonna heat up some water before I got distracted.”

“Move your drunken over, let me make breakfast today. Even if I’m incompetent in cooking, I can still make us our favourite ramen complete with the shiitake mushrooms that you like”

 

Stepping aside as Chanyeol took over preparing and cooking our breakfast, I awkwardly stand and fidget at the uncomfortable thought of trying to figure out how we managed to wake up in each other's arms. 

 

"Thanks Chan...Sooo what happened last night? How did we end up sleeping in one bed?"

"I don't know if I should be offended by the fact that you look sick at the idea of us sleeping together...I mean, look at me. I'm a catch."

"Chan, now's not the time for the jokes..."

"All right, if you must know. I carried you inside after you passed out from your drunken escapades with Seulgi. By the way, you should probably text her. I'm actually impressed that she managed to get you home by herself in your state."

"That still doesn't explain why we woke up in my room."

"Damn, you're impatient today. I'm getting to it. So I got you in you room and I thought you were out cold but apparently not. There was a thunderstorm and I tried to keep you company. I must've fallen asleep after that..."

"I thought  I would've gotten over my thunderstorm phobia by now...It's been so long since my last panic attack. "

"Hey, don't beat yourself up over it. You experienced something super traumatic, Wan. Don't worry, we'll find a way for you to get over them together."

"Thanks, Chan. Sooo that's all, right? Nothing else?"

"That's pretty much it. Nothing happened. You don't have to look so pale and worried."

"Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter