Closer

Enchanted
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What?!" Soojung and Miyoung almost yelled in disbelief, both startled by Jongin's sudden announcement.

"She's my girlfriend. I have already moved on so don't expect anything from me." Jongin said as he interlocked his and Miyoung's fingers and almost shoving it to Soojung's face.

Although Miyoung was surprised by his actions, she took it as an opportunity to let go of Jongin's hand and wrap her arms around his waist. She leaned her head on his shoulder as she beamed a smile at the other woman.

Soojung was annoyed by her smug face so she immediately left them alone and went out of the café.

"Miyoung, Miyoung..." Jongin tapped her arm. "It's okay, she's gone now. You can sit down again."

He then went back to order some food and when he got back, he noticed that Miyoung has been looking at him lovingly.

"Jongin-ah... I'm so happy we're finally a couple." She smiled.

"About that... I'm sorry for using you. I know you like me so I'm sorry for taking advantage of that fact." He said.

"What?" Miyoung's eyes widened.

"It's just a fake relationship. I lied so Soojung wouldn't bother me anymore."

"Oh okay... but..." Miyoung's eyes sparkled as though she just hit the jackpot.

"I can't even guess what's in your mind right now." Jongin surrendered.

"You said that we are a couple so Soojung wouldn't bother you, right?"

He nodded.

"Then, when she's around, we could be a couple?" She asked excitedly.

"You sound as if you're sure that we'd always see her. And that we'd always be together in the same place." He raised his eyebrow.

"Still... we could be a couple, right?" She wrapped her hands around his arm and shook it making it hard for him to focus on eating his own food.

"Okay, okay... yes. That's basically it." he said as he removed her hands away.

Miyoung suddenly moved to the seat beside him.

"What are you doing?!"

She pointed out his ex-girlfriend who was still outside the café and smiled.

~

"Yoora... what took you so long?! I was so humiliated back in there." Soojung said as she met with her friend from outside.

"How so?"

"Jongin and his new girlfriend are inside."

"Really? Let me see!"

Soojung tried to stop her friend but she was already peeking through the glass window.

It took her a few seconds before she decided to walk to Soojung again.

"She's pretty... but you're prettier. She looks familiar though..." She said to comfort her friend. "So if we're not going inside, where do you plan to go?"

"I dunno. You suggest. It's been a long while since I've been here. Just take me anywhere but here."

"Okay."

~

Miyoung went out during her break and took the packed lunch that she prepared. She was excited to visit Jongin that she almost skipped on the way.

"You have a visitor." Kyungsoo teased his best friend.

Jongin grunted. He looks back and regrets introducing the idea of fake couple in Miyoung's head.

"Again?!" He uttered in dismay as Miyoung placed the packed lunch boxes that she brought for them to eat together.

"She's not here. Why do you keep on going here and bringing me lunch?" He asked in frustration.

"Why not? You agreed we could be like a couple." She said.

"Only if she's here! And we're not a real couple anyways." He rebuked.

"But what if she suddenly shows up?! And I'm not here with you... Jongin-ah, just eat your food since I'm doing this to help you out too."

Jongin sighed and gave up. He let her have her way since there was no use in disagreeing with her and she packed his favorite food.

~

Few days later

"Miyoung-ah, do you have any plans for lunch later?" Chanyeol asked.

"Lunch? I'm going to visit Jongin." Miyoung clasped her hands and smiled.

"Why? You've been going there for how many days now." He sighed. "Then what about after work?"

"Hmm... I think I would be okay with that. What's the matter?"

"Okay! After work, I have something to show you." He said excitedly.

~

"Thanks sis." Yoora said to her sister.

"Why don't you have your packages delivered to our house or your work?!" Yerim asked. "Good thing my manager is very understanding so she's just overlooking this."

"Exactly my point. Plus, no one is always at home to receive it and in my job, my manager is always out to get me so I can't have it mailed there."

"Fine... next time you come here, order something for a change!"

Yoora was about to leave when suddenly she saw Miyoung from the back of the shop. "I knew she looked familiar." She said to herself.

She saw her talking to a guy and they seemed to be really into their conversation and she noticed that the guy would hold her hand at times.

"Yerim, who's that guy?"

"He's Park Chanyeol. He not just works here, he's the cousin of the owner."

"Are they together?!"

"Who? Him and Miyoung?! I dunno but they go out on breaks together. A lot. Sometimes they leave work together too."

"Hmm... is that so?! Gotta go sis." Yoora smirked and waved goodbye to her sister.

She then took out her phone and then called her friend.

"Soojung-ah, I think you might get another chance... Miyoung is cheating on Jongin."

~

Jongin was repairing a machine when Soojung suddenly appeared in front of him.

"What are you doing here?!" He asked her.
"I just happened to be in the area and thought to drop by and visit you. Speaking of visit, I know you're about to end your work so I want to invite you to eat dinner. Say, what about my favorite local bingsu shop in the market?!" She smirked.

"What are you up to?" Jongin's eyebrow raised.

"Nothing. I learned that your current girlfriend works there. Perhaps we should bury the hatchet and spend time with each other. You know, get to know each other better. I just want to make sure that you're in good hands."

"You don't have to do that. Besides, whatever you say, I'm not going with you." Jongin said.

"Fine. I'll go there anyways. Get to know her on my own." Soojung said as she stood up.

"Alright. This is the last time okay?!" Jongin gave up.

"Yes of course."

~

"Are you sure Taeyeon's fine with us leaving early?" Miyoung asked as Chanyeol wore the helmet on her head.

"Of course." He reassured her then helped her ride the motorcycle.

Little did they know, they were being observed by two people from afar.

"Ooh so much for a girlfriend." Soojung said to Jongin as they watched the two rode off to somewhere. "She's cheating on you. I'm sorry you had to know this way."

"Why are you doing this?!" He raised his tone.

"What?! You just saw her willingly be swept away by another guy and you're mad at me?! I'm just looking out for you. I just hope you realize the real person she really is." Soojung kept calling insults to Miyoung and Jongin's conscience couldn't take it anymore.

"Alright, fine! She's not really my girlfriend." Jongin confessed.

"She's not?" Soojung felt relieved.

"And neither are you so you have no right to just show up and be a part of my life again. You have no idea how much you hurt me when you chose to leave me to marry that man." He said infuriatingly.

"But Jongin-ah, I didn't marry him..." Soojung said as she grabbed his hands.

"You still chose to leave me. I would appreciate it if you leave me and my family alone just like you did before." He said as he immediately got inside his car and drove off to somewhere.

~

"What are we doing here in your apartment building?" Miyoung asked but then Chanyeol placed a blindfold in her eyes.

"How am I supposed to know now where to go?"

"Don't worry, I got that covered." Chanyeol scooped her up bridal style and carried her all the way to the rooftop.

"Ready?" He asked as he put her down.

"Uhmm yes."

Chanyeol then removed her blindfold. "Tada! It's your own pool."

"What is this?!"

"A pool of water from the ocean. Taeyeon and I arranged to make this possible. I've been planning about this since the last time you went here and we've reached this idea that you should have your own pool so that you'd have a place to relax once in a while. Also, you don't need to worry. Only Taeyeon and I have access here so it's private."

"Really?! Thank you so much Chanyeol! You're such a great friend! You and Taeyeon."

Miyoung said as she tried to touch the water with her hands.

"Yah, if you splash water on your legs, you might need to stay for a while."

"You're right, I can't let my dress get wet."

~

Miyoung was eating lunch with Jongin. They have been spending a lot of lunch breaks together ever since that café incident. Jongin still hasn't admitted to Miyoung that Soojung already knows that their relationship is fake. He got so used to Miyoung being there with him every lunch and he can't make up his mind if he should tell her.

"Miyoung... Do you... can you...

Please log in to read the full chapter