One Sweet Day

Enchanted
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh my god!" Taeyeon gasped as she continued to stare at her Miyoung who was struggling to get up.

"Miyoung! What... why is it that you have a fish tail?! What happened to your legs?" she panicked.

"Taeyeon... please I'm begging you. Don't tell anyone." Miyoung cried as she tried to slowly approach her friend.

"D-do they know? Jongin and his family?!"

Miyoung shook her head. "No one knows. Just you."

She began to explain everything from her life in the waterlands--how she lived underwater, the reason why she was living and land and how the seawitch helped her--up to that moment.

"Please don't tell anyone." She clasped Taeyeon's hand in hers.

Seeing the girl's eyes, she felt that she is really a good person and that deserves a chance to live like them.

"Everything seems clear to me now. Don't worry, I'll keep your secret." Taeyeon assured her.

"Thank you!!!" Miyoung's tears sparkled.

"So uhmm... how do you get your legs back?" Taeyeon asked awkwardly.

"I just need to dry my tail completely and they would transform into legs." Miyoung said as she continued to pat her tail dry.

"Look your fins are turning to feet!" Taeyeon said excitedly.

"Oh no... I ruined Taerin's sister's dress!"

Taeyeon then offered to help her. They went to her house nearby and and lent her some clothes while they washed her dress in the laundry.

~

Chanyeol entered the shop and noticed that Taeyeon and Miyoung are not around.

"Yerim, where are they?" Chanyeol asked.

"They left few minutes ago. They said it was an emergency."

"Was anyone hurt?"

"I don't think so... Not really. I heard Miyoung screamed earlier but she and Tayeon locked themselves in the locker room and then left after a while." she said as she continued to play on her phone.

"Oh okay. I'll leave for a while okay? You take in charge." He said and left in a jiffy.

Yerim just nodded. She's used to being the only staff in shop. She doesn't mind as long as she gets paid and Taeyeon does pays her fairly.

~

"I think you should only clean. Prepare bingsu at most. Cooking would only cause accidents that might expose you." Taeyeon said after they returned to the shop.

She taught Miyoung how to prepare a bingsu order then Yerim suprervised as she made others' orders.

"Not bad, you learn fast." Yerim complimented her.

"Thanks, Yerim! Maybe someday I'll be able to match your speed and skills so I can really help you out."

"Don't worry, you're doing great." Yerim assured her.

~

Jungah, Sejung and the kids arrived together at the shop and Miyoung welcomed them. She walked them to their booth. She took everyone's order and served them well before continuing to work inside the kitchen.

They all enjoyed the food, especially the dessert since Miyoung prepared it for them.

While eating, Taeyeon approached them and checked up on the service and if they needed something. As she chatted with them, she couldn't help but admire their family since they took in Miyoung like a member of their own.

Jongin arrived shortly after Taeyeon left their table.

Miyoung immediately spotted him and walked with him to the booth.

"Hi Jongin! Here, I made this for you like the others." Miyoung smiled and put the tray in front of him.

"Thanks." Jongin said while he continued to eat the his dinner.

Miyoung was about to go inside the kitchen when suddenly Chanyeol walked in and approached her.

"Miyoung! I heard what happened earlier. Are you alright? Did you get hurt?!" He grabbed both her shoulders and shook her a little in the process.

"I am fine Chanyeol. I was not hurt." She smiled.

"Why?! Did something happened earlier?" Jungah asked.

"Oh no no, nothing happened ma'am. We just had a little emergency so we had to leave for a while earlier. Nothing big really." Taeyeon said trying hard not to stutter.

"Please excuse me and my cousin. We'll just leave you guys here." She dragged Chanyeol away from them.

"Are you alright now?" Sejung asked Miyoung.

"Yes. I am. Actually, it's more of this dress than me. I got a small stain here at the side and Taeyeon helped me to remove it. I'm sorry, I know you trust me to borrow Jiyeon's clothes and I would be more careful next time." She bowed as she asked for their forgiveness.

"Oh dear, it's fine. As long as you're fine. That's just a dress." Said Jungah.

Sejung laughed as she recalled what happened earlier. "That man thought something happened to you, Miyoung. He was really concerned. I think he likes you." She said.

Jungah shushed her mother and told Miyoung not to mind what she said.

"It's okay, I'll leave you for a while and serve the other customers." Miyoung said and walked to the kitchen.

"Oppa!" Taerin whispered to Jongin.
"What?"
"Why did you let him treat Miyoung unnie like that? If you don't act now, unnie might go to him instead."
"Taerin-ah, stop it. You're turning into Miyoung." Jongin hushed her.
"But oppa, look!" Taerin pointed at Chanyeol approaching Miyoung and helping her out with her tasks.
"There's nothing going on between us for me to stop anyone who's into her. Okay?!"
"Oppa, I hope you don't regret it. When Miyoung unnie chooses him and then she'll leave us."
"That would be nice." He shrugged.

Taerin sighed. She really wants Miyoung and her brother together but Jongin continues to put up a strong front and deny the possibility.

~

"Unnie, do you like that guy from earlier? That Chanyeol?" Taerin asked Miyoung as they entered their room.

"Like? Yes I do."

"You like him?" Taerin's eyes opened wide.

"Of course! He's my friend. He hasn't treated me ba

Please log in to read the full chapter