Drive By

Enchanted
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was dinner time in the Kim household and not everyone was present that time.

"Jongin has been busy these past weeks, no?" Sejung said, noticing that her grandson has been missing often during dinner.

"He's probably still at work. Do you have any idea on your brother's whereabouts, Taerin? Have you noticed anything about your brother?" Jungah asked her daughter.

"Nope. I was busy studying for my exams." She said while immediately changing the topic. "Anyways, mom, for our school trip, we'll have a 3-day class trip to the mountains and we'll be staying at the ski lodge. It's going to be on the next month." She said excitedly.

Jungah wasn't able to focus on her daughter's school trip details. Her mind was still filled with worry for her eldest son.

"I might have an idea on where he is." Miyoung said. "If you want, I could bring him some dinner." She offered making the lady relieved.

"Well if he's working so hard, I'll also include some sweet potato pie snacks since he loves those." Jungah stood up and went to the kitchen to prepare Jongin's packed dinner.

~

Jongin rolled underneath the car so he could remove the rust in the chassis. When he rolled out, he was surprised to see Miyoung waiting for him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he wiped the dirt off his hands with a small piece of unevenly cut cloth.

"Your mom asked me to bring you some dinner and also...your favorite snack." She said excitedly hoping his exhaustion wears off a little.

"Uhh thanks. You could just leave it and go home so you could rest. Your legs might cramp again."

"Oh no, don't worry about my legs. They're fine this time. Do you want some help?" she tried to peek under the car.

"Okay fine. Since you're here... I could use your help. Please hold the flashlight over here so I could see better from this angle."

~

After another hour of working, Jongin finally decides to take a break.

While he washed his hands, Miyoung set up his dinner inside the office, away from the grease and metals.

"Looks like you're almost done. The car looks like it's working. All the time you spent working all night would finally pay off soon. I'm so proud of you." Miyoung said while watching Jongin eating his dinner.

"Thanks. Soon I'll be able to take it out for a test drive."

"Can I please ride it?" She grinned.

"Sure, you'll be my first passenger. Or second, if Kyungsoo insists." He chuckled.

"Jinjja?!" She grabbed his hand in a firm yet gentle manner. "I can't wait!" She then stood up and ran to the car, eyeing the passenger's seat from outside.

"Yah, don't run in excitement. You might hurt your legs again."

"It's alright, if you're that concerned with me you better hurry and be done with your car so you could drive me to and from work." She said confidently as if she was challenging him.

"Hey, is that how you treat a friend?! I'm not a driver you know."

"We're friends?" She paused.

"Yeah sure, why not? Don't like it?"

"No, I love it. Just don't go back on calling me a stalker." She smiled.

~

Miyoung was busy slicing strawberries for an order when suddenly Taeyeon appeared beside her.

"I was thinking..."
"What is it?" She asked without removing her eyes on the fruit.
"You told me you had a fiancé right?" Taeyeon whispered.

Miyoung paused and sighed. "I didn't say that word. You did. I said, my father wanted me to marry him."

Ever since Taeyeon found out about her secret, she would—from time to time—approach her and ask something trivial from her life underwater. She couldn't help but feel interested since running a business, especially of desserts, doesn't really scream "thrill-seeker".

"Uh-uh... what's your real question?" Miyoung asked.

"Do you think he's still looking for you? Your sister hasn't contacted you ever since..." Taeyeon asked.

"Honestly I don't know. I'm just going to trust my sister that she would do everything to find a way for us to communicate with each other. I can't really go back to the waterlands." Miyoung shrugged. "What do you think about this cut? Am I getting better?" She asked after cutting the strawberry slices into star shapes.

"I think that's nice. You know you're doing so great. It's only been a month but you're doing so much better compared from your first day here." Taeyeon said proudly.

Suddenly, Chanyeol walked to the kitchen and approached the two. "Miyoung, you promised me you're going to treat me with your first paycheck."

"Tell you what... I'm planning to buy some stuff later. Why don't you accompany me then I'll treat you." Miyoung offered.

"Yah! Don't treat him. He's really rich anyways." Taeyeon advised her.

"It's okay, I pinky promised him so I have to and besides he treats me all the time." Miyoung said.

"Well, don't spend too much on him."<

Please log in to read the full chapter