Secrets and Lies

Enchanted
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Soojung?" Jongin called the girl. Not sure if what just happened was real.

The woman lifted her head to have a look at the culprit who hit her luggages and made them burst open.

"Yah Kim Jongin, I know you're mad at me but you don't have to hit me with your car!" She grunted.

"Sorry... I'm sorry Soojung. I didn't see you. Are you alright? Come on, I'll take you to the hospital."

"No need... just help me with my luggages." She said as she was busy picking up her suitcases and making them stand.

"Alright, wait a sec"

Jongin hurriedly ran back to his car to check on Miyoung.

"Miyoung, are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asked, checking her head for any injuries.

Miyoung smiled and reassured him that she wasn't hurt at all.

"Uhmm Miyoung..." Jongin scratched the back of his head. Hoping that she'd understand whatever he's going to say.

"What is it?"

"Since you're sure that you're fine. I have a favor to ask you..." he said as he grabbed her hands looking like he's ready to plead.

"Yes?" Miyoung said, eager to hear what his request was.

"Can you walk home first? You should go ahead and rest. I'll help Soojung fix her stuff and bring her to her house since she's hurt. I'm really sorry."

Without hearing her answer, he immediately opened the trunk of his car and then rushed over to the woman's side and took her suitcases one by one. Miyoung stepped out of the car and thought of approaching the two to help but then Jongin looked at her and gestured her to go home.

She felt like Jongin abandoned her and didn't even bother to tell her how to go home. Truthfully, she didn't need him to since she could remember the way but it was nice for him if he had offered. At least with that, she could feel a little bit more concern from him.

As she was walking home, an intense pain suddenly striked her legs. Every step she took was quite excruciating, even more painful from last time. She didn't know if she could make it home but she realized that Taeyeon's apartment was just nearby.

~

"Park Chanyeol! I told you this is my TV. Why are you invading my apartment? You have your own just across here. Even bigger."

"But your food is tastier than mine." Chanyeol pouted.

"Then take some and leave me alone. I thought Miyoung bought you dinner?!"

"She did and I'm hungry again." he complained.

"Then study cooking. There's a reason why our own parents wanted us to live independently."

Before Chanyeol could even retaliate, they heard the doorbell rang.

"Go make yourself useful. See who's at the door." Taeyeon said as she continued to eat. Feeling victorious that she finally was able to change the channel according to her liking.

Chanyeol walked to the door and checked the monitor to see who it was.

"Miyoung?!" He immediately opened the door.

"What's wrong??"

Miyoung was ready to enter but was surprised to see Chanyeol instead of Taeyeon. She wanted to hide the pain from him and pretend that she's just visiting but the pain was too unbearable.

Taeyeon noticed that it's taking a while for her cousin to come back so decided to check what happened herself. "Who's there?!" Taeyeon asked since her cousin's tall frame was blocking her view.

"Oh my, Miyoung! What happened?!" She gasped.

Miyoung wanted to take a step further but she fell down to the floor.

"Miyoung!" Chanyeol shouted as he immediately pulled her up and guided her inside.

Taeyeon could feel Miyoung hesitating to tell her what's wrong in front of Chanyeol so she asked him to carry her to her bedroom.

"Taeyeon... I need your help. My bracelet is losing its power since I'm always wearing it. I need a place to stay for a short while. Somewhere I could let my tailfin breathe."

"I want to help you but I don't have a bathtub where you could—"

"Take her to mine." Chanyeol suddenly said as he opened the door. He was listening intently and wanted to know what was going on.

Taeyeon looked at her cousin and then to Miyoung. She held Miyoung's hand and told her that it's alright to trust Chanyeol with her secret.

Miyoung nodded and seconds later, Chanyeol was carrying her to his apartment. He laid her gently in the bathtub. He turned the faucet on and soon after, the tub was filled with water.

Miyoung removed her bracelet and revealed her mermaid tail to them.

"A-are you alright?!" Chanyeol asked. He couldn't help but stare at Miyoung's current state.

Miyoung was embarrassed to say something so Taeyeon sat beside her and asked if she needed anything. She giggled after Miyoung whispered something to her ear.

"Yeol-ah, do you have salt? Lots of salt."

Chanyeol brought out a small container of salt.

"That's not enough." Taeyeon said as she stood up. "I'll check my kitchen. Watch over her." She told Chanyeol as she left the apartment.

Chanyeol grabbed a stool and then sat beside her. He wanted her to feel comfortable so he tried to talk to her as if nothing was new.

"You're not scared?" Miyoung wondered.

"Surprisingly, no." He smiled. "Don't worry, I'll keep your secret." He said as he held her hand.

~

"Thanks for bringing me home, Jongin." said Soojung.

"Are you sure you're not hurt?"

"Nope. I'm fine." She smiled.

"I should go." Jongin said as he carried her last luggage inside.

"It's nice to see you... despite the circumstances. We should hangout soon." She suggested.

"I just helped you because it's the right thing to do but that's it. I'm leaving." He said as he immediately walked out of the house leaving her speechless.

~

Jongin went straight to Kyungsoo's house and told the news.

"What?! She's back? Was she alone?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Looks like it."

"Was she wearing a ring?"

"I haven't noticed."

"But she asked for you to hangout soon right?"

Jongin nodded.

"What were you doing there anyways? Why are you driving in the middle of the night?" Kyungsoo's eyebrow raised.

"Uhh... I was driving the car around."

"Alone?"

"Uhmm... actually I was with Miyoung."

"With Miyoung?! Why were you out with her? Is it a driving date?" He teased his friend. "Where is she anyways

Please log in to read the full chapter