Friends on the Other Side

Enchanted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongin scratched his hair in frustration. He's not sure why he behaved that way.

He wasn't sure if he was pissed that she was back or if he was pissed that she left in the first place.

"Aishhh!" He grunted.

"Kim Jongin, maybe you like her already?" Kyungsoo, his best friend, .

"I don't, okay! It's just really rude to leave without saying anything."

"Since we're talking about rudeness, I think you were rude to her too. You should've told her calmly and not in front of everyone." he said and then realized something. "Is there any chance that you acting that way because she left so suddenly just like—"

"Yah Do Kyungsoo! We agreed to never talk about that again."

"My bad, I'm sorry. Anyways, I think we have to go back. I've already drank up to my limit and we still have work tomorrow."

Kyungsoo left him alone at the chicken stand since he wanted to stay for a little longer until he realized that he was the only customer that the manager is waiting to leave so he could go home.

He apologized and went home immediately.

When he walked inside the house, the lights have been turned off but he noticed someone moving from the kitchen.

"Who's there?" He asked.

No one answered so he opened the lights.

The moment the light traveled across the room, Miyoung's head bobbed out from counter.

"Miyoung, geez! Were you planning to give me a heart attack?!"

"Sorry... I slipped." She said as she tried to get up. Luckily, her mermaid tail transformed into legs and feet as soon as Jongin reached for the switch.

Jongin approached her and helped her get up. She froze from his sudden gesture. She didn't expect that he would actually help her.

"Why is it that I always catch you in an accident?"

"I'm sorry. I'll be careful next time."

"You should. Especially that you're going to start working tomorrow." He reminded her

"Yeah I will, I will... don't worry." She gave him a reassuring smile.

"Miyoung..." Jongin stared at her eyes.

"Yes?" She blushed.

"You're still holding onto me and you're already on your feet."

Miyoung let go of his arm and apologized repeatedly.

"Sorry Jongin... I was just... It felt really good..." Miyoung said and gave him a quick hug.

"Yah! What are you doing?! I told you to have boundaries right?! I already explained it before, why would you do that?"

"Cos I like you so much!" Miyoung exclaimed.

"No. You have to stop that. I told you if you're going to stay here, stop it with your nonsense." Jongin reminded her but she just won't budge.
He could feel his face getting warmer.

"Go to your room and sleep!" He told her.

"Good night!" She chuckled before running to the bedroom.

~

Miyoung was eating bread when Jongin suddenly got out of his room.

He slept through his alarm since he drank last night. He ran all over the place trying to get ready for work.

"Jongin-ah, you have to eat at least something before leaving."

"No, I'm already late. Gotta go."

"Wait Jongin..."

"What is it now?!" Jongin asked impatiently.

"Let's go together." Miyoung locked her arm to his and smiled innocently.

"Yah... distance yourself woman!" Jongin unhooked her arm and started walking.

Miyoung giggled as she followed him.

~

"Here's my work!" Miyoung said proudly.

"I know." Jongin rolled his eyes. "Yah Miyoung, don't cause any trouble okay?"

"Okay." Miyoung grinned before walking inside the shop.

Jongin sighed and remembered he's already late so he hurried to the shop he's working at.

~

"Kim Jongin, manager wants to see you." Said Doyoung.

"Thanks." Jongin patted his workmate and went straight to their manager's office.

"You're late!" 
"Yeah sorry about that Kyungsoo. I've slept through my alarm."
"Yah! Doesn't mean that we're best friends, I'm going to be lenient with you."
"I know I'm sorry."
"Just kidding but be on time next time. Doyoung might think I play favorites. Anyways, I have something to discuss with you."

Kyungsoo and Jongin stepped out of the room and walked to the garage.

He pulled a huge cloth above what seemed like a very huge boulder and revealed what's underneath.

"Tada!!!"

"No way!" Jongin's jaw dropped.

"Yes way." Kyungsoo smiled. "If you manage to restore this, it's yours. I got a really good deal on this."

"Really?!" Jongin's eyes sparkled. "Thank you! You're the best."

He has been eyeing that car model ever since and reminded Kyungsoo to watch out for it when it goes sale.

"How much do I owe you?"

"Not that much really. You can totally afford this. I'll give you the papers later."

"Thank you so much for this! I'll treat you later don't worry."

"You better not scrimp on your treat. I know how much money you have." Kyungsoo laughed.

~

Taeyeon introduced Miyoung to the other staff named Yerim. Then she told her the standard procedures and some guidelines for cleanliness and orderliness in their shop.

"Are you alright? Do you have any questions?" asked Taeyeon.

Miyoung shook her head and started by clearing out some of the finished utensils on the tables.

"Hi!" Somebody greeted her.

Miyoung looked up and saw a familiar face. "Oh you brought me my bingsu before." She smiled.

"Yeah. My name's Park Chanyeol by the way." The guy said as he extended his hand for a handshake.

Miyoung confused as to what he was doing, slapped her hand lightly against his. Kinda like a low five.

Chanyeol looked at his hand weirdly and got confused but then he shook his thoughts and started to talk to her.

"So... what's your name?"

"I'm Miyoung."

"Just Miyoung?"

She nodded.

"Park Chanyeol! What are you still doing there? I thought I asked you to finish the inventory yesterday?" Taeyeon suddenly interrupted.

"You didn't tell me you hired her." Chanyeol smiled. "Thanks cousin. You're the best! Now I'll make sure to go to work everyday." He smirked.

Taeyeon smacked his head and pointed at the pile of papers on the desk.

"I'm just going to apologize now and for the future. Sorry if my cousin would disturb you from time to time. You might find him creepy but trust me he's a good guy."

"Don't worry, it's fine." Miyoung smiled.

"So Jongin walked you to work today?" Taeyeon casually changed the subject and Miyoung got very excited. She likes talking about Jongin.

"Yeah..." Miyoung smiled from ear to ear.

"You're acting like a couple now?"

"Couple?"

"Yeah, you know... boyfriend and girlfriend... lovers?"

Please log in to read the full chapter