Daydream

Enchanted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongin opened his eyes and found himself sleeping on his own bed. He could feel his head throbbing and his mouth feels really dry.

"Miyoung! Oww!" He called her name and sprung up to sit on his bed but instantly felt pain in his temples. He doesn't remember much but he knew quite well Miyoung was involved.

"Miyoung was there! What else do I remember?" He asked himself frustratingly. "Oh my god." He clenched his fist and  as he suddenly recalled holding her hand and asking her to stay. "Oh no no no... what did I do?!"

He then tried to remember everything starting from his work yesterday and from then, he tried to piece everything like a puzzle.

Kyungsoo took his phone and handed it to him. "Call her already! Or do you want me to call her instead?"

"No... it's okay." Jongin said as he continued working.

"I bet you want to finish working as soon as possible and then you would go straight to that bingsu shop to check on Miyoung and if not, straight home to see if she's fine."

"No I'm not."

"Of course I have no way of figuring out if you really won't. For all I know you could've just lie to me again just like what you're doing now." Kyungsoo continued to tease his friend.

"Okay fine! To prove I'm not lying, why don't we hangout after work? Grab some drinks and stuff."

At the chicken stand

"Jongin, why don't you just call her already? We've had a couple of bottles of beer and soju already. You have made your point."

"And why would I do that?"

"Alright fine, don't call her. Maybe it's for the better since you haven't moved on from Soojung yet. It's alright."

"Hey! Soojung and I are over. To prove that to you I'm going to call Miyoung... after I finish this bottle. Yours too. Oneshot."

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo each guzzled a bottle of beer as fast as they could.

"Done! What're we doing again?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I dunno..." Jongin's forehead creased. "I think we're having a race on who finishes the beer first. I won."

"How the heck did you win?! I finished first!" Kyungsoo argued.

"Okay okay, let's just drink another bottle. Who finishes first is the winner." Jongin said as he opened two bottles and handed the other to his friend.

"W-wait... we don't have a judge! Who'll determine the winner?!"

Jongin suddenly stood up and called the owner. "We need your help. We need to know who finishes the bottle first, okay?"

The owner sighed but he agreed anyways since the two were loyal customers. "Okay, start"

The two started to chug their beers again. After emptying the bottles, both laid their heads on the table. The owner rolled his eyes, figuring out that he'd be staying late again.

Jongin's phone rang a couple of times however he was too drunk to care so the owner just answered it.

"Hello? This is the owner of the chicken stand. Can you pick up your friends?"

The owner then returned the phone to the table.

"Who's that?" Jongin asked.

"Uhh your girlfriend I guess... Miyoung?!" He said before going back to his desk.

"Yah Kyungsoo! You called Miyoung?!"

"Huh?! I guess I did." He answered without lifting his head off the table.
 

"Jongin-ah!!!" He heard someone call him. He opened his eyes and saw the woman looking really worried.

"Miyoung!!!" He stood up and hugged her. "Kyungsoo! Yah Do Kyungsoo!!! Miyoung is here. I told you she'd come."

The chicken stand owner came out and finally handed her the bill.

After she paid, she sat beside Jongin who was alseep again. This time she tried waking up Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo finally woke up.

"Where do you live?"

"Just a block from here." He said groggily.

"Can you walk home alone? Do you need my help?" She asked but then Jongin tugged her hand and locked their fingers together.

"Don't leave me." He said as he leaned his head on her shoulder.

The stand owner closed his shop and then offered to walk Kyungsoo home since he also lived nearby.

When the two left, Jongin's face was still buried in the crook of her neck.

"Jongin-ah, let's go home so you could rest properly. Come on, there are mosquitoes here." She said but he only hugged her and continued to sleep with his head on her shoulder.

"Jongin-ah, please wake up." Miyoung cupped his cheeks but he only stared at her with dreamy eyes or at least they're half-opened.

"Miyoung-ah... why didn't you come earlier for lunch?! I was waiting for you." He pouted. "Kyungsoo kept teasing me, I hate it but I like that you're here now. I knew you'll never leave me like Soojung. Promise me, don't leave me like her, okay?!"

Miyoung couldn't explain how she's feeling. It's as if her whole face caught fire.

"Miyoung-ah..." he called her again, "promise?"

"Yes." She blushed.

Jongin smiled and hugged her again before passing out.

~

"Why did I say all of those to her?!?" Jongin lightly hit his head after remembering details from last night but then regrets it immediately when the throbbing pain strucked once more.

He stood up and walked out of his room. "Kids are at school, eomma is at work, halmeoni is out of the house... Miyoung? It's still too early for her work schedule. Where is she?"

He walked to the kitchen to grab himself a cup of coffee but then he heard an engine resonating from outside.

He peeked out the window and saw Miyoung about to hop off her friend's motorcycle. He watched them talk but he was too far to hear their conversation.

 

"Chanyeol, thank you so much for bringing me back...and for letting me use the pool. I got so tired last night when Jongin got drunk. I had to carry him all the way home."

"No problem. You're always welcome in our place." Chanyeol said. "Since you have your phone, you could call me anytime."

"Thanks Chanyeollie!"

Chanyeol smiled widely when she called him by his name.

"Wae? Is something wrong?" Miyoung wondered why he suddenly looked still.

"Nothing... you just called me 'Chanyeollie.'" He cheeks turned red.<

Please log in to read the full chapter