15 Jul Happy birthday~

Just a line away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul’s pov

“Sorry!” I apologised profusely and bowed. I knocked over a lady while im flying along the school’s corridor. Today is the day where Im going to meet Yonggie at Deep Blue Eyes (DBE) shopping centre and my tummy chose to want to pick this time to do some major detox. My life! Argh~

 

Upon alighting from the bus, my mouth opened and eyes popped out with shock. The entrance of the Deep Blue Eyes (DBE) shopping centre is packed with sardines, I mean packed with people that are like sardines! It took me 15 minutes to gather that today, July 15 is the 5th anniversary day of this shopping centre and it is holding a great sale up to 50% discount which explained the massive crowd.

 

The security only allowed certain number of people to enter each time to prevent overcrowding. Each shopper can only stay inside the mall for a maximum of 2hrs. Our meeting time is 6pm. It is now only 4pm but judging from the queue, it might take more than 1 hour to get in.

 

Without much thinking, I hopped into the queue while waiting for Yonggie. When it is my turn to enter, I wanted to drop out to wait for Yong outside the shopping centre but was pushed in by the people in the back.

 

Well, I might as well find a place to sit near the entrance to keep a lookout for Yonggie. Waiting in air con is better than to wait under the sun outside. Today is really a hot day, hope that Yonggie brought umbrella. Seeing my watch which reported 515pm, that means I have some time. Maybe it is a good idea to get a drink for myself and Yong cos it is really hot outside. I think Yonggie will appreciate this too. A smile crept up my face, imagining Yonggie’s big round eyes twinkled at the sight of drinking the cold strawberry milkshake.

 

My tummy rumbled at the smell of food when I am in MacDonald so I ordered my favourite double cheese burger along with one banana milkshake and strawberry milkshake. I sat at the first available seat I could find. Eyes glued to my warm burger in my hands.  The cheese is melting seductively, bewitching me to eat it in one mouth. Opening my dinosaur’s mouth and when my tongue was about to touch it, I felt a pair of eyes looking at me.

 

My eyes matched her eyes. She has such beautiful colored eyes that made me stare at her a bit. Following her gaze, I realised she was not eyeing at me but my burger. With that and seeing her swallowing her saliva made me confirmed my suspicious.

 

“Do you want to eat?” I offered my burger to her.

 

For the first time, her eyes drifted to give me attention instead. “Really?” she chirped brightly and her eyes turned into crescent. I nodded and the next second, the warmth of my burger left me and into the embrance of the little pair of hands.

 

Drinking my banana milk shake and admiring the little creature gobbling down the burger, the shopping centre announcement was made, “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Deep Blue Eyes (DBE) shopping centre, we are pleased to announce that It is our 5th anniversary and almost all items are having sale of 50%. We are also celebrating you’s birthday today. She is the first daughter of our owner and is 10 years old after today.  Hope you have an enjoyable shopping experience.”

 

“you,   Such a pretty name” I muttered to myself and returned my attention to the young lady who has now finished the burger and stared at my drink.

 

Without thinking, I offered again, “Want strawberry milkshake?” I think Yonggie don’t mind to offer her drink to someone who looks thirsty like her.

 

“What are you drinking?” She asked me unexpectedly.

 

“Banana milkshake.” I replied without thinking much.

 

“I like that.” With that, she grabbed my drink swiftly and drank from it!

 

WHAT! Does it mean? Indirect kiss?

My face crimsoned.

Yah~ Stupid Moonbyul, she is just a child.

 

Out of sudden, a pair of cold small hands grabbed me. I was too shocked to react and thus followed with the flow. We are running as if someone is after our lives.

 

“What happen? Wae are we running like this?” I huffed while tightening my grip on her.

She kept silence but continued dashing aimlessly, pulling me with her.

“Hey, she is there!” A rough voice broke up from nearby.

 

The voice belonged to a big man wearing black suit and a black tie. Next to him was another similar build man and wearing similar as well. Both of them made a dash after us, they looked at us as if like wolves after their meat, us.

 

“Who are they?” I asked even though I know she might not answered me.

 

She just replied by holding my hand tighter and ran even faster.

 

Are they bad people who are going to kidnap this cute young girl? They certainly don’t look friendly.

 

We ran and ran till my lungs are bursting and my legs turned jelly as if they are not part of my body. Man, this lady can really run! She should train to be a sprinter and even a marathon runner!

 

As much as I don’t want to, my legs gave up on me. I kissed the ground unglamorousl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter