Chapter 7 (A glimpse into the past)

Human?

A thirdteen-year-old Lu Han laid in his bed, looking up at the ceiling as he pouted. He couldn’t believe his parents wanted him to keep staying trapped in the little world that was the estate. He knew every corner of the big estate, he had finished the map in his head when he was ten. The adults didn’t give him enough credit. He had even discovered a secret passage that looked unused. Suddenly his eyes went wide as a grin slowly formed on his lips. He knew of the secret passage and he was sure the adult either didn’t know about it or just forgot it. The passage had been dirty and dusty when he found it. He had been slowly going further and further until he had reached the end which was the mouth of a cave. It was his way out.

He got up and got dress as quickly and quietly as he could. He packed a change of clothes and some snacks he had in his room. He grabbed some gold coins he had and put them in his backpack. He would thank his Yi Fan Gege later for the backpack again. He slung the backpack over his shoulders and put his shoes on.

Almost every room in the house had an entrance to the passage and he was lucky enough to have one in his room. He took a deep breath and listened to see if any of the adults were upstairs but didn’t hear anything so he was to the wall and pushed it slowly, just enough so he could fit and slipped in. after closing the door he took another deep breath and walked as silently as he could through the passage.

The passage was about two feet wide (0.6096 meters) and Han fit perfectly. He finally reaches the stairs in the passage and with every step he stopped and listened for anyone that could hear him. It felt like an eternity but he finally reached the bottom. It was faster after that because the passage walls were thicker and also less narrow. Han listened once more before walking down the passage faster than before.

After about thirty minutes of walking, he reached the mouth of the cave. The night sky was beautiful. He looked at his digital watch as it read 00:43, and he smiles. He rested for a bit before walking out of the cave. His parents had not allowed him out of the estate but he still read maps of the land surrounding his home. There should be a town not too far away from the cave.

It took Han about two hours to see the town. It was far bigger than he thought it would be and some building were really tall. The boy didn’t know what to do, he wanted to explore the place but he was actually tired from all the walking. He was still hidden in the forest so he found a big enough tree before undressing and shifting to his wolf form. He was so small in it that he used his jacket as a sleeping bag.

When the morning came, the sun rays poking through the tree branches woke him. He stretched, his white and slightly golden fur shined as it reflected the rays of the sun. He then looked around the forest, checking to see if anyone was near. He was alone. He shifted back and stretched once more before dressing. He ate some of his snacks on his way to the town, loving his new found freedom. As Han enjoyed his walk around the town as he explored, he had forgotten about his family.

Back in the Lu estate one of the maids, as usual, went to wake the young master from his sleep at exactly 7 am. The maid felt sorry for the younger as he was trapped in his home until he came of age at 17. The poor maid didn’t expect to find an empty room with a made bed. One because the young master didn’t like to wake up in the morning and two because the young master didn’t know how to make his bed. She soon realized in horror that the young man hadn’t been in his room all night which was where he had stormed into yesterday to not come out again. The maid quickly turned around and ran to the young master's parents. The couples were waiting in the dining room for the cub when the maid came running.

“The young master isn’t in his room, and the bed is untouched.” The words quickly sunk into the parents. Han’s mother looked at her husband before they both stood and headed out. Han’s mother headed up to her son’s room to see for herself while her husband and mate called security and asked if anyone had seen their son.

Soon everyone was searching for the young omega, searching every inch of the estate, but no one found a clue. The young omegas scent ended in his room. Some of his things were missing but the trail never lead to anywhere else but his room. On the second day after the disappearance, it started to rain and any scent trail outside the estate was lost. Some wolf started to search the forest surrounding the estate and some even started to search the town.

Meanwhile, Lu Han had explored the city his whole first day. He saw the people there and for the first time, he saw humans. There was a small market where he was able to buy foods he hadn’t eaten before. When the sun was setting, he somehow successfully got on a bus without paying, which took him to an even bigger city.

There the buildings were so tall that it seemed they were touching the sky, just like the ones he had seen in his books. He was so distracted by looking around that he got lost and ended up in an alley. He tried to find his way to more people and the main road when a couple of guys saw him and approached him. Han looked like he had money in their eyes and also like an easy target.

“Hey, you seem lost.” One of them spoke as he slung his arm around Han, this guy had red hair and looked like he hadn’t slept well in days. How rude, thought Han as he moved away while pushing his arm away.

“Nope.” The two guys didn’t look nice to Han so he lied. He felt like he needed to get away so he kept walking but the other guy held his hand.

“Well if you aren’t lost, how about hanging out with us?” the other spoke, he was blonde, looked bigger and slightly older than the other guy. Han was sure the two were a couple years older than him. They really need sleep, thought Han as he pulled his arm away.

“I’m not interested.” Han looked at the two, they were definitely human. He tried again to walk away only to be blocked by the two. Han was going to push through but the red hair took out a pocket knife.

“Alright then let’s make this quick.” The red hair spoke as he moves closer to Han taking out his own pocket knife, making the younger step back. “Give us all the money you have.”

“M-money?” Han glared at them, hating that he stuttered but the knife had really taken him by surprise. Thinking about his thing he took another step back, making sure he was a safe distance from the red hair. “Why should I?”

The blonde moved up close too and smirked, “You don’t want to get do you?” the smug looked made Han glare at the older and take a defensive stand. He knew if he turned and ran he could probably outrun them but it was dangerous to try. Han watched their movements as he took another step back carefully. The blond was holding his knife slightly wrong and the redhead didn’t even know how to hold his. They were wide open for attacks, their knives being the only thing stopping Han from striking first.

Suddenly the red hair charged at him with his knife. The way he came at Han allowed him to dodge to the side and grab his grab and twist his arm back, making the red hair lose his grip on the knife. He pushed the older boy down as before stepping back and kicking the knife away. The blonde came from behind and nearly scratched his cheek if Han hadn’t leaned away and jumped back. At this moment the young omega was glad he had been trained in martial arts from the moment he could walk. He would thank his parents and teacher later.

-

It was summer break and Jongin had gone on vacation with his cousin, now guardian. They had stayed for about a week now and were looking for a famous restaurant nearby when they got separated in the crowd. Somehow he had ended up in a less populated spot. Getting frustrated he took out his phone and set the GPS to take him back to his hotel. He checked the map and saw a shortcut through an alley but when he got to the entrance he saw how a blonde was charging at a boy that looked like twelve to him. He ran towards them as he took his backpack off.

A red hair had just gotten up and tried to punch the boy. He missed and almost growled at the boy. The younger boy was on the other side. The blonde was closer to Jongin while the red hair kept trying to hit the boy. The blonde was about to attack with his knife when Jongin swung his backpack at him and hit him hard on the shoulder, sending the blonde to the ground and ran to the red hair before jumping up to the air. The sound made the red hair turned around just in time to get kicked on the face by Jongin.

His landing wasn’t perfect after the kick but he didn’t fall over. He looked up at the younger boy who was looking at him with round eyes. He had an almost dumbfounded look on his face which made Jongin grin at him and take his hand. He held on tightly and looked at the boy as he got ready to run again. “RUN!”

The other boy started running with him. They ran out of the alley and down the street until they reached a park. The two looked at each other as they panted, trying to catch their breaths again. The younger looking boy met Jongin’s eyes and as if that one look took all the stress away, he started to laugh. This made Jongin laugh too. They laughed together before falling down to sit on the grass.

Jongin smiles at the boy, his eyes becoming crescent moons, his voice beautifully joyful, “I’m Jongin! And you?”

“Lu Han!” the other boy replied with an equally happy expression. Both boys felt like they had finally found someone they didn’t know they were looking for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Sorry for the long wait, life became a bit crazy but I'll update more now that I've my schedule set and figured out.

Again like always sorry for the bad grammar if noticeable, and thank you for reading!