EXTRA: In This World

The Light In My Life

Chanyeol woke up feeling slightly nervous but today was the day that everything was going to fall into place. He and Baekhyun hadn’t been going out for long but the pair fit perfectly together and were so right for each other. He didn’t know what Baekhyun’s answer would be but with the big speech he prepared, he was hopeful that he would say yes.

Chanyeol left his home and walked down the street as he had planned to meet Baekhyun at a small cafe that wasn’t far from where he lived and was pretty popular at the moment. When he turned the corner and arrived at the cafe, he could see Baekhyun’s beautiful, smiling face through the window. Seeing this he couldn’t help but smile too before he walked in to now realise why Baekhyun was so bright. He was talking to Minseok and Jongdae.

What the heck are they doing here?! Out of all the cafes, why this one? It’s not even close to  their apartment! Chanyeol thought, surprised. Why are they talking to Baekhyun anyway?

He walked up to the table they were all sitting at and interrupted their seemingly enjoyable conversation.

‘What are you doing here?’ he greeted Baekhyun with an awkward smile before turning to Minseok with gritted teeth.

‘Obviously, as you can see, I came here on a date with my boyfriend…’ Minseok looked at his friend innocently but Chanyeol wasn’t buying it.

‘I shouldn’t have told you two I was coming here last night, let alone what I was planning’ Chanyeol whispered, now regretting trusting his friend. He quickly greeted Jongdae then turned back to Baekhyun. ‘Let’s move to a different table’ he said as he grabbed Baekhyun’s wrist and was about to pull him away but Baekhyun stopped him and stood his ground.

‘Why do we have to move when i’m having such a good conversation with your friends. They’re so nice and they’ve told me a lot of embarrassing yet very cute stories about you’ Baekhyun smiled. Chanyeol gave his friends death glares.

‘There’s something I need to tell you…and their prying ears don’t need to hear it’ both Jongdae and Minseok frowned before they poked there tongues out at him.

‘Just so you know we have better things to do than to stay hear and listen to your lame romantic poetry confession’ Minseok teased before Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun away to a table in the corner, far away from his friends.

‘What was he talking about?’ Baekhyun asked once he sat down. Chanyeol looked at his boyfriend and all of a sudden became even more nervous then he had prepared for. 

‘Th-the thing i-is. W-we…u-us…you and i-i…uh, you see-‘

‘Spit it out!’ he heard someone hiss from behind him. He wheeled his head around to see Jongdae and Minseok sitting at a table close by and hiding behind menus. Even though it would have been better and more romantic without his two best friends listening in, they were right, he just needed to tell Baekhyun how he truly felt. So Chanyeol took a deep breath, looked into Baekhyun’s eyes, and gently took hold of his hand.

‘Baekhyun, I only ever want you to be happy and no matter what I always want to be by your side. If anything bothers you, I want to be the first to know and even if I can’t help I want to be there to comfort you. If you wanted, i would run away from everything with you and i’d follow you anywhere. Sometimes I can’t sleep or I get frustrated from everyday life but then when I think of you, everything feels alright again and the world somehow seems better. Don’t you ever feel the same? I mean, you know I love you right? I love you so much that I feel as though my heart's going to explode, which is why I want to spend the rest of my life with you…so will you be mine forever?’ he finally asked and waited for his boyfriends answer with anticipation. 

Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, Chanyeol thought.

‘Silly’ Baekhyun smiled and looked back into Chanyeol’s eyes. ‘Haven’t you already realised that all I need is you. I thought I already made it obvious that I can’t live without you and I know that you can’t live without me either. For a long time, we’ve been each others’ Baekhyun got up and walked over to Chanyeol before sitting in his lap and wrapping his arms around him before he kissed him passionately. 

‘Then is that a yes?’ Chanyeol parted and asked him, feeling slightly confused.

‘No’ he replied. Chanyeol frowned but Baekhyun wasn’t done. ‘For now I want to spend more time with you as your boyfriend. Maybe when you ask me again in a few months, i’ll give you the answer you want’ said Baekhyun before he went back to kissing Chanyeol. Jongdae and Minseok were giving their friend a thumbs up and had bright wide smiles on their faces as it was kind of, almost a success.

Yes! He said Maybe! Chanyeol thought victoriously.

The End.