Lazy

The Light In My Life

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes open as the loud buzz of his alarm clock went off. He reached over and turned it off before stretching out his arms and legs. The sun that was just waking up, streamed its light through the spaces in his closed curtains. It was a perfect start to his lazy Sunday with Baekhyun…speaking of Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s nose twitched as the scent of coffee wafted into the room a few seconds before Baekhyun himself walked in holding 2 cups filled with steaming caffeinated coffee.

Baekhyun handed him a cup and then put his own cup down. He walked over to the curtains and opened them, allowing the sunlight in and the heat to warm up their skin from the chill in the morning air.

He then hopped into bed, picked up his coffee and nestled himself close to Chanyeol. 

The sounds of cars and people could be heard from the street below but none of it bothered Chanyeol at all. He lifted and rested him arm lazily around Baekhyun’s shoulders before taking a sip from his cup. At first, he was surprised by the strange taste as he usually made his coffee bitter but Baekhyun had made it perfectly sweet and warm. It was different and new to his tastebuds but he liked it and it made him smile knowing that it was Baekhyun that made it.

After they finished their coffee and rested in bed a little longer, they finally left the bedroom and moved to the couch. They snuggled each other until a knock came at the door and made Chanyeol get up. Still in his pyjama’s, he opened the door to see the delivery man holding out his weekly newspaper. Chanyeol took it before he paid the delivery man. 

He then closed the door, walked back over to the couch and tossed the paper on the coffee table. Today he didn’t feel like reading about the news or other people. He only wanted to focus on spending a relaxing day with Baekhyun. He went back to cuddling Baekhyun but the smaller avoided him and dived for the newspaper with an excited smile. Baekhyun flipped through it until he landed on the page that he wanted.

Chanyeol looked at him curiously as he had no idea that Baekhyun enjoyed reading the paper so much. When Baekhyun seen his expression he laughed shyly and said ‘I like reading the comics.’

Chanyeol smiled and his heart screamed. He’s just to damn freaking cute! he thought wanting to pull Baekhyun into his arms and squeeze him tight and make love to him right here, right now but instead and picked the boy up and sat him between his legs and wrapped his arms around him so that they could both read the comics together.

Once they had read all the comic strips, they turned the page and did the crossword together while laughing at their silly mistakes along the way.

When the sun went down they ended the day with eating spaghetti for dinner whilst watching Baekhyun’s favourite movie. When the beautiful musical sound of Baekhyun’s laugh reached Chanyeol’s ears, he couldn’t help but smile at his boyfriend. Yep, this has been the best first lazy Sunday ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know i haven’t updated in awhile.I’ve had a lot going on lately and i’ve also had a bit of writers block so i’m sorry if this chapter is a bit short, Simple is y baby! The story doesn’t end here though. Since i feel like this chapter hasn’t really done chanbaek justice, i will be adding a special chapter soon to end this fanfic properly. Please look forward to it ^^ and have a good weekend.