Sweet Dreams

The Light In My Life

It had now been a week since Baekhyun had became Chanyeol’s boyfriend and due to that fact, the two had organised a one week anniversary dinner. Which was exactly why Chanyeol was in front of his mirror at 11.30pm and was trying on almost every piece of clothing he owned to decide what outfit was perfect for their special dinner tomorrow night instead of sleeping.

So far nothing he had tried on looked good enough for their date, even though he knew Baekhyun wouldn’t care what he wore. 

As he was going through his closet again, he found an unopened shoe box on the floor and tucked into the back corner of his closet. He reached in and picked it up, remembering that his friend gifted it to him at their christmas party. He finally lifted the lid off the box to find an expensive and fancy pair of black, Italian leather shoes. He then picked out the last suit he had yet to try on. 

He smiled in the mirror at his reflection. This is sure to impress Baekhyun, he thought as he imagined Baekhyun almost drooling over him in his y grey suit and Italian shoes and wanting nothing more than to rip his clothes off. This thought made Chanyeol suddenly shy, his face turned bright red, and his little friend woke up to say hello.

You shouldn’t be thinking these dirty thoughts right now. You should be getting into your pyjama’s and sleeping so you won’t have panda eyes on your date and fall asleep during the main course, he told himself and got straight into his pyjama’s before slipping under his bed cover. But he didn’t sleep, he was far from sleeping. Instead he rested his hands behind his head and wondered what Baekhyun was doing at this very moment. He turned and looked at his phone and tossed about the idea of texting him, but stopped himself since he didn’t want to wake him up if he was already sleeping. Which brought up his next subject of thought; I wonder what he’s dreaming about? Could he possibly be dreaming about me?

 

He got straight out of bed the next morning the moment his alarm went off as he literally didn’t get a wink of sleep. He blamed it all on Baekhyun since he wasn’t able to stop thinking about him.

When he got on the bus, he couldn’t wait to see Baekhyun and greet him with kisses and hugs, but none of that came to be as when the bus stopped where Baekhyun usually got on, he wasn’t there. His phone chimed from a message and he pulled it out of his pocket, tapped the message icon and seen that it was from Baekhyun. His face brightened as soon as he read his name and instantly tapped on it, but as he read on, his face dropped and his hopes dimmed. Baekhyun had texted him to tell him that he wouldn’t be on the bus for the next few days as he had to go into work early and that their date for their one week anniversary was canceled since he had to work late too and couldn’t get out of it. He mentioned that he might not be able to have a break to call him either.

No Baekhyun for who knows how long, a few days could easily turn into weeks, he could now see his life transforming into the sad, miserable one he was living before he met Baekhyun. 

No, I can’t go back to living and feeling like that! Not now that I have Baekhyun. Besides, he said it was only going to be for a couple of days, he thought with rising hope. But as the day wore on slowly, it was getting harder to stay positive and he missed Baekhyun like crazy. Looking through pictures on his phone wasn’t the same as seeing him in real life and having him right beside him. Although he looked just as y in photos, they couldn’t capture his true beauty.

Chanyeol’s vicious cycle of thinking about him, missing him, and checking his phones every few minutes got him in trouble at work.

‘Chanyeol, this isn’t like you to slack off on your work. I’ve noticed that you’ve been acting strangely lately. Is everything ok?’ his boss asked when called into his office and looked at Chanyeol with concern.

‘I suppose i’m alright…’

‘Chanyeol, you can tell me anything. I mean, we’re not just boss and employee, we’re best friends and we’ve been best friends since high school. Tell me what’s wrong.’ Chanyeol’s best friend, Minseok, who was going out with their other best friend Jongdae, was the company boss’s son and had hired Chanyeol because of his strong work ethic, not just because of their friendship which is what a lot of his co-workers thought and that’s one of the reason they didn’t talk to him. Minseok had never once seen his friend this happy before so he found it odd and was shocked when he found out that he had a boyfriend. But now that he had seen him so happy, he didn’t want his friend to get hurt and go back to being his depressed self.

‘It’s Baekhyun. He has to work late for a while and I just miss him so much and-‘

‘Say no more, I know exactly what you’re going through, but I never knew you were such a softie’ Minseok smirked at his lovesick friend.

‘I just…I don’t know…Baekhyun is my everything at the moment. He has a way to make everything better but without him…’

‘Without him you feel like nothing and you don’t really know what to do with yourself’ Minseok finished his sentence, knowing exactly what he was going through. Chanyeol sighed and nodded, agreeing with his friends statement. ‘If it’s really bothering you this much then just tell him because that feeling doesn’t go away, but somewhere along the way you just learn to get used to it’ he told Chanyeol. 

When Chanyeol left Minseok’s office he thought about what he had said about talking to Baekhyun. But would Baekhyun even answer his phone if he was too busy. Chanyeol didn’t want to act as the clingy and obsessive boyfriend that always complained about him working late. After thinking it over and over in his mind he decided to call him, but no one picked up. He tried again after an hour, but again Baekhyun didn’t answer. This went on for 3 more days where Baekhyun only sent a reply text late at night to say that he was sorry for not picking up but he was too busy. As the days went by, Chanyeol felt as though time was purposely slowing down just to annoy him and make him feel lonely but on the 4th day he finally received a message from Baekhyun to say that he was free to leave work early and go on a date. Chanyeol literally jumped for joy when he read it which made everyone else around him look at him as if he were crazy, but he didn’t care because he was going to see Baekhyun again.

 

Chanyeol had set a plan to go to the theatres with him that night. He didn’t have to wait long for Baekhyun but when he arrived and he seen him walk in, it was as though time slowed down to an almost stop. Light filled the world again and when he waved and smiled at him, unable to control himself, Chanyeol ran over and pulled Baekhyun into his arms before kissing him passionately. Chanyeol only controlled himself just enough to not rip his clothes off and take him right there in front of everybody but his rising bulge had other ideas.

‘Whoa, down boy’ Baekhyun laughed when their lips disconnected from each other. Chanyeol blushed from embarrassment and tried to think about about something unrelated to Baekhyun since everything about him right now was so y as his body was pressed up against him and the pants Baekhyun was wearing were so tight  and showed off his perfect and delicious curves.

Popcorn, motorbikes, anime, the weather. Yes! The weather works, he thought triumphantly as he relaxed himself and his calmed.

‘I’ve missed you so much that it seriously drove me crazy’ Chanyeol told him as they walked into the theatre holding hands.

‘Maybe, but I think I missed you so much more. I got in trouble at works so many times for spacing out and daydreaming, wishing I was with you. And with the little hours I had to rest, I could barely sleep since my dreams were always about you’ Baekhyun said then leaned close to Chanyeol’s ear and whispered ‘all dirty dreams too.’

Oh no. Not again! he thought as his little friend was awake once again and made Baekhyun laugh as soon as he seen it.

Halfway through the movie he turned to Baekhyun but he found him sleeping soundlessly and he looked so peaceful and angelic that for the rest of the movie Chanyeol watched Baekhyun sleep instead, like the creepy stalker he was.

I wonder if he’s dreaming about me again, Chanyeol thought as a smile crept upon those beautiful lips of Baekhyun’s.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Just finished writing this! I had abit of writers block so I apologise if this chapter isn't that good. Have a good day everyone ^^